Live TV With Subs Doesnt Play

Spaceboy

Spaceboy

Hi, as the title suggests really. Live TV with subs isnt working on Android tv, tested on a shield and a fire tv. both devices say the format isnt supported.

but this works fine in the web client with live tv and actually works from any recorded tv with subs on the fire tv and shield. 

• Like 1

Spaceboy

The first thing to look at would be a log from the app.  Thx.

Done, User - Mark.

Okay, looks like an error is occurring on the server trying to burn in those subs so can we please see both the server and ffmpeg logs that match up with that playback?  Thanks.

From the server's standpoint that looks OK. @@ebr, try adding mp2 to supported audio codecs and that will prevent the audio from being converted. we should re-evaluate once that conversion is no longer happening.

From the server's standpoint that looks OK. @@ebr, try adding mp2 to supported audio codecs and that will prevent the audio from being converted. we should re-evaluate once that conversion is no longer happening.

I'm almost positive I removed that a while back because it wasn't properly supported by Exo.

Spaceboy - the times in your server log do not match the times of the report you sent with the app (different date) so I can't find the failure I was looking for.

I'm almost positive I removed that a while back because it wasn't properly supported by Exo.

I must've been remembering something else because mp2 is still in the supported direct play profiles.  I imagine you were referring to the transcoding profile, though...?

In any case, I still need to see the server log that matches the app log that was sent so I can find the failure I see over there.  Thx.

Spaceboy

i sent a new shield log to match the server and ffmpeg logs, there was no way i was going to be able to find the other one. did you not receive it?

I must've been remembering something else because mp2 is still in the supported direct play profiles.  I imagine you were referring to the transcoding profile, though...?

In any case, I still need to see the server log that matches the app log that was sent so I can find the failure I see over there.  Thx.

This is unrelated but can you bring up an item detail page in the web app and then paste the following ID into the url and tell me what comes up?

40ed9ead7db8eecf119054fcd405b71d

A message should pop up when the channel doesn't play (after you try to select the sub).  What does it say?

Spaceboy

This is unrelated but can you bring up an item detail page in the web app and then paste the following ID into the url and tell me what comes up?

40ed9ead7db8eecf119054fcd405b71d

it takes me to the channel page for BBC1 London, which is within my MediaPortal group. i think that is the channel where example 1 came from if that is why you are asking?

Spaceboy

A message should pop up when the channel doesn't play (after you try to select the sub).  What does it say?

it says, cannot play this video format. i then get a message about a tuner not being free, but this seems a red herring. there are plenty of tuners available 

it says, cannot play this video format. i then get a message about a tuner not being free, but this seems a red herring. there are plenty of tuners available 

Okay, Luke - that means the playbackInfo call returned "NoCompatibleStreams" when we requested to play this channel and include subs.  We are attempting to burn them because the codec on the sub track is "dvb_subtitle".

• 2 months later...

Yes, there have been a number of android tv playback improvements. Let us know if you're still having an issue, and if so, please attach the server and ffmpeg log. Thanks.

This one is probably not solved yet.

I haven't forgotten about it, just hit some other roadblocks.

Spaceboy

well i've had this since slightly before god was a boy so no surprise to see that its still there.  :P

ffmpeg and server logs

Edited by Spaceboy

Spaceboy

i start the channel and the stream starts, i select the eng subs (not the eng,eng ones, not sure what they are but the same results). stream stops, the message says "unable to tune to the channel at this time. there may not be a tuner available". 

Are you sure exactly the same thing is happening?  Because a fix for your problem did go into the beta server.

Did you send another in-app log?

Spaceboy

Are you sure exactly the same thing is happening?  Because a fix for your problem did go into the beta server.

Did you send another in-app log?

same symptom, different problem.  i did notice you had fixed the issue with iptv.

this is with mediaportal as the source. there are actually subtitles in these streams but they don't play when subs are turned on. i think they used to come up when played direct but .ts is always forced via the server these days so i cant tell. on the prior page you said this 

Okay, Luke - that means the playbackInfo call returned "NoCompatibleStreams" when we requested to play this channel and include subs.  We are attempting to burn them because the codec on the sub track is "dvb_subtitle".

i presume its still the same. i did not send an in app log but i can if this will help. will you need a matching set of ffmpeg and server logs?