• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

#41 regretfulapples OFFLINE  

regretfulapples

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Local time: 07:32 PM

Posted 20 August 2017 - 08:00 PM

Since the most recent app update I have been getting the grey screen almost every time I leave Emby logged in on my fire tv devices. This is now happening more often than ever before. Am I doing something wrong?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

#42 ebr OFFLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 47035 posts
  • Local time: 02:32 PM

Posted 21 August 2017 - 11:11 AM

Since the most recent app update I have been getting the grey screen almost every time I leave Emby logged in on my fire tv devices. This is now happening more often than ever before. Am I doing something wrong?

Can you please try setting the auto logout to "Never" and see if that makes a difference?  Thanks.

#43 regretfulapples OFFLINE  

regretfulapples

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 11:19 AM

I'll try that when I get home. Unfortunately, I can't leave it set to never as I have a kids and parents profile

#44 ss4real2 OFFLINE  

ss4real2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 30 posts
  • Local time: 11:32 AM

Posted 23 August 2017 - 06:48 PM

Update.

Device: Fire Stick. 

Time: 8:03 pm  MT (UTC-07:00) yesterday (8/22).

Issue:

• Emby app loaded correctly (no grey screen) but it loaded to the login screen despite auto logoff being set to "Never".
  • When I selected a profile, it did not load correctly, and the screen went grey.
  • I was able to back out using the Fire Sticks "Home" button.
  • I launched it again. Same effect. Went to login screen, I selected a different profile and got a grey screen again.
  • I tried this multiple times before force-closing the app via the Fire stick's settings menu. It then launched and operated normally.
  • Note: When I was trying multiple times to login it showed profiles that I had attempted to login under as logging in "0 minutes" ago; as if they had just logged in (despite the grey screen).

#45 ebr OFFLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 47035 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 09:51 AM

• Emby app loaded correctly (no grey screen) but it loaded to the login screen despite auto logoff being set to "Never".

Auto logout would have no effect on the start up behavior.  There is a separate setting for that.  Is it not set to "Show login screen"?

Your other issue sounds completely different than the original one (a "grey" screen is just what happens any time the app crashes on the Fire) so that is at least a little bit of progress.

Did you send  a log from the app after these crashes?  If not, and you can reproduce it, please do (there is a send logs button on the user selection screen).

#46 ss4real2 OFFLINE  

ss4real2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 10:49 AM

Auto logout would have no effect on the start up behavior.  There is a separate setting for that.  Is it not set to "Show login screen"?

Your other issue sounds completely different than the original one (a "grey" screen is just what happens any time the app crashes on the Fire) so that is at least a little bit of progress.

Did you send  a log from the app after these crashes?  If not, and you can reproduce it, please do (there is a send logs button on the user selection screen).

It's set to Show Login Screen. I will send a log the next time this occurs.

#47 ebr OFFLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 47035 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 02:48 PM

It's set to Show Login Screen.

Okay, so that's exactly what it did :).  If you want it to log in automatically, then select that option.

#48 regretfulapples OFFLINE  

regretfulapples

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 09:05 AM

Thanks for your suggestion ebr. I set all my fire tv devices to "never" auto log off. This seems to stop the grey screen issue. However I need the app to return to the profile selection screen on loading as I don't want my kids watching my profile. Do you think this is something you'll be able to resolve with future updates?

#49 ss4real2 OFFLINE  

ss4real2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 02:33 PM

Still getting grey screens here on the fire stick at least. Got one this morning.

#50 ebr OFFLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 47035 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 03:54 PM

Still getting grey screens here on the fire stick at least. Got one this morning.

With auto logoff set to "Never"?

Was it straight to a grey screen or after some other interaction?

#51 ss4real2 OFFLINE  

ss4real2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 04:03 PM

Yes, auto logoff set to Never. Went straight to grey screen, no interaction. I sent logs right after I force closed it and loaded it. 7:40 am MT.

#52 ebr OFFLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 47035 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 04:05 PM

Yes, auto logoff set to Never. Went straight to grey screen, no interaction. I sent logs right after I force closed it and loaded it. 7:40 am MT.

Name of Emby user or server?

#53 ss4real2 OFFLINE  

ss4real2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 04:17 PM

Name of Emby user or server?

Name of server is TANK

#54 FordGT90Concept OFFLINE  

FordGT90Concept

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 658 posts
  • Local time: 01:32 PM

Posted 27 August 2017 - 05:00 PM

Getting the same issue here on NVIDIA SHIELD (both of them). It seems like it happens whenever the SHIELD goes to stand by, bring it out of standby, then try to use Emby again. Killing Emby or power cycling the SHIELD temporarily fixes it.

#55 ebr OFFLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 47035 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 08:38 PM

Name of server is TANK

I did not receive a log from a Fire TV connected to that server name.  Exactly how did you send the log?

• ss4real2 likes this

#56 ss4real2 OFFLINE  

ss4real2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 10:12 PM

I did not receive a log from a Fire TV connected to that server name. Exactly how did you send the log?

Under options in the app I selected send logs.

It just did a grey screen again right now. 7:12 pm. Sent logs again.

Edited by ss4real2, 27 August 2017 - 10:13 PM.

#57 ebr OFFLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 47035 posts

Posted 28 August 2017 - 09:20 AM

Under options in the app I selected send logs.

Yes, but from what screen?  I think maybe you did this from the server selection screen so that you weren't actually connected to the server yet?  If so, I may have found the last one.  Are you running 1.4.44a?

#58 ss4real2 OFFLINE  

ss4real2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 28 August 2017 - 10:34 AM

Not sure what screen I was on at the time. I'll pay attention next time. Yes, 1.4.44a

#59 ebr OFFLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 47035 posts

Posted 28 August 2017 - 03:43 PM

Not sure what screen I was on at the time. I'll pay attention next time. Yes, 1.4.44a

Okay, based on the log I found (which I believe was yours) I may have found something related that, even if it doesn't solve this issue, I think may allow me to see what the issue actually is.

So, please update to .45 as soon as available.  Thanks!

#60 ss4real2 OFFLINE  

ss4real2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 28 August 2017 - 04:22 PM

Okay, based on the log I found (which I believe was yours) I may have found something related that, even if it doesn't solve this issue, I think may allow me to see what the issue actually is.

So, please update to .45 as soon as available.  Thanks!

Will do, thanks!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fire tv, grey, gray, fire, stick, amazon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users