95 replies to this topic

#21 ss4real2 OFFLINE  

ss4real2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 30 posts
  • Local time: 01:36 PM

Posted 26 July 2017 - 01:10 PM

So I've using the beta now for about a week. No grey screens or any app issues. Only small item is the Fire TV UI doesn't show the Emby "Test" version in the app list. So unless it's in the recent list it can only be launched via the settings / installed apps menu. 

#22 ebr ONLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 50059 posts
  • Local time: 03:36 PM

Posted 26 July 2017 - 01:22 PM

Thanks for reporting back.  We'll be looking to get this version out to the public soon.

#23 ss4real2 OFFLINE  

ss4real2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 09:55 PM

Thanks for reporting back.  We'll be looking to get this version out to the public soon.

Scratch that. Just got a grey screen on the fire tv. Had to force stop the emby app to get to login screen.

*EDIT* This was on the Fire TV, not the stick this time. Both are on the beta app.

Edited by ss4real2, 26 July 2017 - 09:58 PM.

#24 ebr ONLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 50059 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 10:57 AM

Scratch that. Just got a grey screen on the fire tv. Had to force stop the emby app to get to login screen.

Exactly the same situation...?  Can you describe please?

#25 ss4real2 OFFLINE  

ss4real2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 11:09 AM

Exactly the same situation...?  Can you describe please?

Yes same situation. Woke up TV & Fire TV with home button. Selected Emby beta app from Fire TV UI. App started but just stayed on grey screen. After waiting with no response, I hit the home button to get back to Fire TV home screen. Go to settings > applications and force stop the emby app. Go back to home screen and select Emby Beta app and then it loads fine, straight to my login screen.  

Are there any logs I could provide to help diagnose this?

#26 ebr ONLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 50059 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 05:17 PM

App started but just stayed on grey screen.

Just to confirm - you never saw anything except a gray screen, right?  No Emby splash, no login nothing - just straight to the gray screen?

#27 ss4real2 OFFLINE  

ss4real2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 05:17 PM

Just to confirm - you never saw anything except a gray screen, right?  No Emby splash, no login nothing - just straight to the gray screen?

Correct

#28 JasonG OFFLINE  

JasonG

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 68 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 27 July 2017 - 10:00 PM

I've also been having similar behavior, on three different Fire Sticks (1 on beta, 2 on stable) - if you need more logs or troubleshooting, I can help. My wife is doing a "force stop" almost every time she tries to launch the app to make it log in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#29 ebr ONLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 50059 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 01:34 PM

Once you guys get the next beta (1.4.33) on your devices, if you get this problem again, please note the exact time that you re-start the application after you force-close it or restart the device or whatever you do to get past the gray screen and come and post that here.  Thanks.

#30 ss4real2 OFFLINE  

ss4real2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 10:08 PM

Update. Still getting grey screens on startup on the newest beta on both fire TV and stick. No change.

#31 ebr ONLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 50059 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 09:28 AM

Update. Still getting grey screens on startup on the newest beta on both fire TV and stick. No change.

Once you guys get the next beta (1.4.33) on your devices, if you get this problem again, please note the exact time that you re-start the application after you force-close it or restart the device or whatever you do to get past the gray screen and come and post that here.  Thanks.

#32 ss4real2 OFFLINE  

ss4real2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 11:35 AM

Okay, sorry missed that reply before. Will do next time. Thanks.

#33 tjlmbklr OFFLINE  

tjlmbklr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 82 posts
  • Local time: 02:36 PM

Posted 18 August 2017 - 04:47 PM

Thank you for your reply.

• App is stopped in either two ways. Home button if we're going to use another app. Or by powering off the TV. 
  • Auto logoff is 1 hour.
  • Emby opens to Log on screen. 

Also, this happens much more frequently on the fire stick than the fire TV. The fire TV is used much more frequently, while the fire stick is used approximately twice a day and hours apart. Not sure if there's any correlation.

I feel like you are reading my mind, my FireStick is notorious for this, and my FireTV rarely if ever does it anymore. 

#34 ss4real2 OFFLINE  

ss4real2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 04:51 PM

I feel like you are reading my mind, my FireStick is notorious for this, and my FireTV rarely if ever does it anymore. 

Yeah it's about 80/20 between Firestick & FireTV. Unfortunately it rarely happens when I'm home so I haven't logged an exact time yet. 

On a side note; I changed the auto log-off to 30 minutes in attempt to force a re-login more often. But instead now it doesn't log out at all, ever. Tested it by leaving it untouched for more than 24 hours and it was still logged into my wife's profile. I changed it back to 1 hour after that. 

#35 tjlmbklr OFFLINE  

tjlmbklr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 82 posts
  • Local time: 02:36 PM

Posted 18 August 2017 - 04:53 PM

Yeah it's about 80/20 between Firestick & FireTV. Unfortunately it rarely happens when I'm home so I haven't logged an exact time yet. 

On a side note; I changed the auto log-off to 30 minutes in attempt to force a re-login more often. But instead now it doesn't log out at all, ever. Tested it by leaving it untouched for more than 24 hours and it was still logged into my wife's profile. I changed it back to 1 hour after that. 

Mine's far less than that, as a matter of fact I can't recall the last time my FireTV Emby app crashed. 

#36 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 149351 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 05:12 PM

Thanks for the feedback !

#37 ss4real2 OFFLINE  

ss4real2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 11:07 PM

Update. Grey screen on boot on FireTV. Time was at 3:01 pm  MT (UTC-07:00) today (8/18). I had to back out & force close it via the Fire application manager and then it launched normally into the login screen.

#38 ebr ONLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 50059 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 01:54 PM

Update. Grey screen on boot on FireTV. Time was at 3:01 pm  MT (UTC-07:00) today (8/18). I had to back out & force close it via the Fire application manager and then it launched normally into the login screen.

Thanks very much.  Unfortunately, we are not getting any reporting or information on this situation.

Can you please try setting the auto logout to "Never" and see if it still happens?  Thanks.

#39 ss4real2 OFFLINE  

ss4real2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 04:07 PM

Thanks very much.  Unfortunately, we are not getting any reporting or information on this situation.

Can you please try setting the auto logout to "Never" and see if it still happens?  Thanks.

Ok. I'll make that change. Is there anything I can do to create the reporting?

#40 ebr ONLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 50059 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 09:17 AM

Is there anything I can do to create the reporting?

The only thing would be if you could install and connect the Android Debug Bridge and have it monitoring the system when the problem happens.  If you are willing to try that, and cannot figure out how, then PM me and I'll see if I can help.  Thanks.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fire tv, grey, gray, fire, stick, amazon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users