thought emby was on the ps4???

hjason7812

I had to remove your comment from the blog because that will give other users the wrong impression. Can you please retry this and produce the exact message you saw? thanks !

hjason7812

it's not the wrong impression when it's the truth. so i guess you're like the government and hidi g the truth now?
sorry just mad i can't use something i paid for.

it say this data is not supported by the ps4

Edited by hjason7812

I think if we work together we will find the solution. Right now you are just providing very short answers and you've fallen into the trap of assuming it's not working, and now unfortunately you're going to go and spread that information to others when there probably is a simple answer for what you are doing. I think if we work together we will find the solution.

hjason7812

Don't know why it is blurry it wasn't when i took it.. But you can see what it says

5965b9fd97345_20170712_014534.jpg

Edited by hjason7812

That doesn't tell us anything. The important thing is the exact and detailed sequence of steps that led to that.

hjason7812

That doesn't tell us anything. The important thing is the exact and detailed sequence of steps that led to that.

i opened the web browser, i went to the url bar and put in the ip address followed by the double dots followed by the port number and hit done.

and as soon as i hit done the message pops up in the picture..

Edited by hjason7812

What you need to do is use the ps4 thumb stick to move the on-screen pointer onto the button or poster that you want to click.

hjason7812

yes i know that, ok after the home welcome page it goes to sign in with emby connect. i put the pin in on your site. it goes to my server and i push connect it does nothing. I've even tried to skip putting the pin in and all it does is generate the new pin.

hjason7812

i hate to do it but i can't get emby app for my ps4 pro. i have to download plex until you get one on the store. hopefully soon because plex sucks.

• 2 months later...
hjason7812

Honestly t does luke. It doesn't play music and sometimes it doesn't play certain video codecs. So yes it functions differently than an app does

Honestly t does luke. It doesn't play music and sometimes it doesn't play certain video codecs. So yes it functions differently than an app does

A video failure can happen in an app too. The ps4 browser supports the same formats as the ps4 video player. Have you consulted how to report a media playback issue? Thanks !

My son and I have been using Emby on our PS4s (not Pro) for a while now.  Yeah, the browser is kind of a pain to get into vs just clicking an app, but the overall functionality once in is nice.

Over wifi, it's slow as hell and it's a pain and I do not recommend.  My son is using a powerline adapter so while it's not quite hardwired speeds, it's still MUCH better than wifi.

Aside from wifi, we see very few issues.  Anything that the PS4 can't handle should be transcoded.  We have seen a few issues where Emby isn't detecting a device's capabilities and transcoding, but it's mostly with our Firesticks, not so much the PS4.

As for app vs web... It seems to be the new thing to refer to web based apps as "apps".  I've seen this in several industries now, so it's not just Emby trying to decieve people or anything ridiculous like that.

Programming for the PS4 is a serious pain in the ass, and I think they may have more hoops to jump through than Apple for their apps.  However, in the meantime, I agree that while the web interface may not be PERFECT, it is a damn good compromise.

If you run into specific issues, I suggest that you post them in the correct section to be addressed.  Luke and the others are pretty responsive, and if issues do exist they are pretty good at fixing them if you actually get them the info they need to look into the issue.