thought emby was on the ps4???

hjason7812

hjason7812

i read somewhere that the ps4 had an emby app, i bought a ps4 and it is not there. could you make an app for the ps4 pro please?

chef

You could use DLNA w/ ps4

You could use the browser and go to:

tv.emby.media

dcrdev

You haven't given much info beyond it's not working - but one thing to bear in mind is that if your using ssl, you need to use a trusted certificate and not a self signed one; a limitation of the PS4 is sadly you can't import certificates.

@@hjason7812, hopefully we will have an app in the PS4 app store, and when we do, it will look exactly the same as Emby Theater.

So now that you're armed with that knowledge, wouldn't you agree that using http://tv.emby.media is a great option in the meantime? Thanks !

hjason7812

no I'm not luke because the browser sucks on PlayStation it won't let me log in. that is why i was wondering if there was a ps4 app thanks

no I'm not luke because the browser sucks on PlayStation it won't let me log in. that is why i was wondering if there was a ps4 app thanks

Why won't it let you log in? Can you please provide a little more information? 

A login problem could happen with an app or a browser just the same.

hjason7812

when i go to the link i did the code thing and when i go to login to my server it just sits there..

Ok, try skipping Emby Connect and then manually enter your server address that way.

it works, but it takes forever to load.

thanks.

can't wait for the app :/

It will improve as the app builds up it's image cache. If you have the Cover Art plugin installed, try removing that for faster image downloading performance.

chef

Also, it might be best to make sure the ps4 is hard wired to the network.

I have noticed in the past that a wifi connection with a console will be noticeably different.

If it is already then more power to you :)

Edited by chef

• 3 weeks later...
hjason7812

ok now the ps4 has stopped supporting the ip address method and the dlna doesn't work either any eta on an app?

hjason7812

because when i did it i get a message saying this is an unsupported task.

i have the ps4 pro maybe they changes something

hjason7812

because when i did it i get a message saying this is an unsupported task.

i have the ps4 pro maybe they changes something

Where exactly was that message? Can you tell me the sequence of button presses that led to that? thanks !

hjason7812

Where exactly was that message? Can you tell me the sequence of button presses that led to that? thanks !

Sure, i opened the browser and put in the ip plus port number and it came up this is an unsupported action or something along those lines.

The other way emby.tv.media or whatever doesn't work either it just sits there after pressing on something. i know it isn't my server because it is a 6 core server with 32gb's of ram.

My ps4 is plugged directly into the modem with a server cable cat6a so that isn't it either.

The only thing i can think of is that the ps4 pro has changed something to make these ways not work for emby.

I'm fixing to buy the lifetime license but if i can't get an app for the ps4 soon and acknowledgement i won't be buying anything.

i'll take a picture and put it on here as to what it says..

Edited by hjason7812