Streaming sometimes closes/reopens constantly

bfir3

bfir3

The file I provided should have been almost 24 minutes long, and it should have had an AAC audio track as the first and default audio track. The  file is definitely direct playable as I'm direct playing it right now and it reports that way in the dashboard. I will verify the file that i uploaded.

edit: I just verified, the file is 23 minutes and 5 seconds long. Not sure where you got the 34 second sample file.

Edited by bfir3

bfir3

Preliminary report from testing other browsers: I played the episode one time in Opera with no transcoding, and the issue did not occur. Attempting a few more times (and again in Chrome in between). Will report back shortly.

bfir3

Okay, I will try in Chrome incognito after this Opera attempt I guess. Any other ideas popping into your head about what this could be with this new information? The logs don't show why the playback is being stopped or where the stop command is being called from? Or why the content is being marked as watched when it's incomplete and should be resumable?

Edited by bfir3

bfir3

Other than updating to the latest version of Emby Server, no.

I will do that and report back. Looking forward to getting this resolved.

People are watching stuff right now, so it won't be for another 40 minutes or so.

Edited by bfir3

bfir3

So, for fun I just installed Emby server on my local PC, and added just the TV show with the episode from the same file location as the main Server (which are local drives to the main server). I tried playback in Chrome as before, and the file stopped playback after about 14 minutes. This is a completely fresh installation of Emby Server.

bfir3

Okay, I just copied the files over to my local PC and added that local file location as a new media library. The problem occurred still, playback stopped at around 15 minutes.

Here's the updated server log along with the chrome console (potentially includes both playbacks, I don't know).

localhost-1503458519142.log

server-63639037518 (2).zip

Edited by bfir3

bfir3

I don't understand how I can reproduce this issue on different machines, but it won't occur for you. What's the common denominator in my two setups that's different from yours I wonder.

bfir3

The issue occurred for me again on a new file. I'll continue to do more testing using the old file. Let me know what else I can provide. The faster we can resolve this the better.

bfir3

I just let it play through 2 episodes. The first episode stopped after 15 minutes and went to the next episode. The next episode stopped after 10 minutes and then went to the next episode. Then I stopped the next episode after it had been playing for about 5 minutes. 

bfir3

Successfully reproduced the issue on Chrome again. Confirmed on two different Emby server installations (one completely fresh) and two file locations on each server in Chrome only.

bfir3

I don't understand what is holding up this issue. I've provided server logs, chrome console logs, done additional testing for different playback clients, but we seemingly have no information on the source or cause of the problem and are no closer to getting it resolved. What else do I need to provide. We're going on 4 months soon that I've been dealing with this issue, and I'm getting to the point where it's just going to be easier for me to switch to a competitor that is simply setup and works with no additional effort out of the box. Of course the Emby product is much more beautiful than any competitor, and I will feel sad to leave the software behind, but functionality is more important to me than the UI at the end of the day.

Please, @@Luke, guide me so I can provide any additional information you may need to resolve this issue.

bfir3

Just reproduced the issue again. Here's the console log and server log.

I'm going to keep testing this in Chrome with other files to see if we can find anything common among the files that have this issue.

server-63639302400.zip

Edited by bfir3

bfir3

Same issue again on a new file that was just recently added to the server. We made it through the first 12 minutes before it stopped. No resume available, marked as watched, still 11 minutes left in the episode.

That's the thing that gets me. It clearly thinks we've watched the whole episode for some reason, wouldn't the issue be easier to identify because of that? Why would the app ever consider something watched when it knows that playback was only 50-75% through the episode.

Edited by bfir3

bfir3

You're not being ignored.

So any progress being made on this issue? As I've said, I am happy to provide anything else you need, just let me know.

drikosv8
I had not seen that there was already a topic about this problem.

I will also post my problem here.

I'm having the same problem, customers complain, long before the episode ends, stops and changes to the next.

This happens on Google Chrome Web.

I also hope for a quick solution.

Thank you

Eu não tinha visto que já havia um tópico sobre esse problema.

Eu também publicarei meu problema aqui.

Estou tendo o mesmo problema, os clientes reclamam, muito antes do episódio terminar, pára e muda para o próximo.

Isso acontece na Google Chrome Web.

Também espero uma solução rápida.

Obrigado

bfir3

I had not seen that there was already a topic about this problem.

I will also post my problem here.

I'm having the same problem, customers complain, long before the episode ends, stops and changes to the next.

This happens on Google Chrome Web.

I also hope for a quick solution.

Thank you

Eu não tinha visto que já havia um tópico sobre esse problema.

Eu também publicarei meu problema aqui.

Estou tendo o mesmo problema, os clientes reclamam, muito antes do episódio terminar, pára e muda para o próximo.

Isso acontece na Google Chrome Web.

Também espero uma solução rápida.

Obrigado

Can you confirm that the episode that ends abruptly is marked as "Watched"?

bfir3

Another one of my users reported the issue today. He said he hasn't been able to watch a movie to completion without it stopping abruptly in almost a month now. It really affects the experience because every time they are forced to reseek to the same position they left off. Also, it's a total interruption to viewing. The user confirmed they are also using Chrome browser for playback.

bfir3

@@Luke can I please get an update on the progress here? I need to know what I should do with my Premiere account, because obviously with a playback interrupting bug such as this the normal user experience becomes very cumbersome and undesirable, so it may be wise to end my Premiere support.

• Like 1