Show Intro Skip Option

Liquidfire88

BillOatman
5 hours ago, Cheesegeezer said:

Black detect is not used for intros, only as an aid to end credits, however, the CPU load is 100% with ffmpeg for black detect and there is no way to throttle it back that we have found.  Do you know ffmpeg CLI at all Bill?

No I don't, sorry.

4 hours ago, rbjtech said:

I don't believe the Seeking is going to cause any significant 'jolting' as long as the Intro Start/End points are accurate (enough) as any Intro generally fades in and out but there are obviously exceptions to that.

That's why I think it would be a good option to display something on the screen to advise the user that the Intro is about to be skipped.  This is doable in the API as well - it does look nice in the web browser, but ugly as sin on the Android/FireTV as you get a large message in the centre of the screen with a green background ..  :(

From what I remember it looks Ok on my shield, but it has been a while,.  I tend not to send myself many messages ;)

• Haha 2

Maximus Naxsus
On 15/12/2018 at 05:31, Luke said:

It sounds to me like a value you'd probably have to configure for each series, along with a system-wide default of course.

Even per season or episode I'm afraid.. It al depends on the source 

The easiest would be to indicate somehow that the intro is finished (1) while you are watching the show, once, for every season. Then you could offer to skip to the previously indicated time frame (1)

Please mind that I just dropped in here, haven't logged in for a few months or so :)

BillOatman
On 11/25/2021 at 5:52 AM, Cheesegeezer said:

Black detect is not used for intros, only as an aid to end credits, however, the CPU load is 100% with ffmpeg for black detect and there is no way to throttle it back that we have found.  Do you know ffmpeg CLI at all Bill?

Hey did a little digging and this might be what you are looking for. In VideoBlackDetectionManager.cs:

//process.PriorityClass = ProcessPriorityClass.BelowNormal; //This changes nothing with regards to high CPU usages

process.Start();

To:

process.Start();
 		process.PriorityClass = ProcessPriorityClass.BelowNormal;

It's important to set the priority AFTER starting the process.

Doing that every time you run ffmpeg might not be a bad idea.

Edited by BillOatman
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Maximus Naxsus said:

Even per season or episode I'm afraid.. It al depends on the source 

The easiest would be to indicate somehow that the intro is finished (1) while you are watching the show, once, for every season. Then you could offer to skip to the previously indicated time frame (1)

Please mind that I just dropped in here, haven't logged in for a few months or so :)

Hey! Welcome!

Have you run the plugin at all?

It would be great to have some more people involved.

rbjtech

Hi All,

So just to keep the momentum going in this thread - we have some exciting developments from the IntroSkip team that we are are currently testing.

The big one is Auto-Skip is now automatically seamlessly jumping the detected Intro during playback on all clients/platforms :)

There is a bit more testing to do, but this should be available for open testing/feedback some time next week.

Edited by rbjtech
  • Like 12

fallenwitch3r

Looks nice. Will there be an option to skip the intro or will the plugin skip the intro without questing the user to do it?

I thought it could be like the Netflix or Prime skip button where you have the choice to skip or not. It may could it have the same layout like the Netflix one. It's decent, transparent and on one of the lower corners. 

Emby's design generally looks outdated. It is more reminiscent of Kodi than a modern media player..

Edited by fallenwitch3r
  • Thanks 1

samuelqwe
4 minutes ago, fallenwitch3r said:

Looks nice. Will there be an option to skip the intro or will the plugin skip the intro without questing the user to do it?

I thought it could be like the Netflix or Prime skip button where you have the choice to skip or not. It may could it have the same layout like the Netflix one. It's decent, transparent and on one of the lower corners. 

We hope to eventually have the button, but the auto skip was added for now since adding a skip button requires changes to be made to each client to add it and is not something a plugin can do.

However, we’ve been privately discussing a possible temporary solution to still give the user the choice to skip or not until the Emby devs add the button, so stay tuned…

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, fallenwitch3r said:

Emby's design generally looks outdated. It is more reminiscent of Kodi than a modern media player..

It is definitely something you can turn off and on. 

It is based on user accounts, so you can choose the users who have the feature enabled, as well as the master on off toggle.

• Like 2

fallenwitch3r

Okay, can't wait to see it. I hope you guys can make a better looking design for the button. But let's wait 🙂

• Thanks 1

rbjtech
23 minutes ago, fallenwitch3r said:

Okay, can't wait to see it. I hope you guys can make a better looking design for the button. But let's wait 🙂

The button and/or the notification come from the client - we unfortunately have no influence over that.  Bizarrely, the 'web' client puts it's 'notification' nicely in the bottom right hand corner in a transparent box .. that's what we need for the FireTV/Android TV client as well.  I haven't tested other clients to see how theirs's looks..  You can turn off the notification - but it's on by default.

3 minutes ago, rbjtech said:

Bizarrely, the 'web' client puts it's 'notification' nicely in the bottom right hand corner in a transparent box .. that's what we need for the FireTV/Android TV client as well

Does @ebr know about this? Maybe he can do some magic to the ATV app to incorporate this?!

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, neik said:

Does @ebr know about this? Maybe he can do some magic to the ATV app to incorporate this?!

That would be wonderful. 

I'm not sure if the message is using the ATV built in modal message popup or not.

He might not even have control over how the popup looks.

But,  fingers crossed,  he does 🤞

BillOatman
4 hours ago, fallenwitch3r said:

That's the plan as well.  But to add a button to the UI is something the core Emby developers would need to do.

rbjtech

Here are a few example from the web browser 

This is a typical Intro after a  'Previously' section :

2021-11-28_12-30-56.mkv

This is when the Intro is directly at the start :

2021-11-28_12-37-53.mkv

This is when the Intro is in mid playback :

2021-11-28_12-39-23.mkv

Note the web browser puts a much more discreet message in the bottom left hand corner vs the FireTV/Android TV client - all Intro messages can be turned off if required with a toggle switch on the config.

The key to a smooth transition is accuracy of the Intro detection - and in most cases, Introskip does a very acceptable job.

• Like 3

Sarakha63

Hello all.

I'm in in testing. I was following the project for some time. But i decided to join the beta testing.

I have something like 50 shows fro now and  5000 thousands episodes.

Should be enough for some feedbacks

Regards

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sarakha63 said:

Hello all.

I'm in in testing. I was following the project for some time. But i decided to join the beta testing.

I have something like 50 shows fro now and  5000 thousands episodes.

Should be enough for some feedbacks

Regards

Welcome! Thank you for taking the time. We look forward to the feedback. 👍

Sarakha63

I ignored all TVshows and i left only one to start with. Everything seems fine i will now go further

i just had an idea (feature request) : give the ability to custom the chapter names for Title and Credits 

And i had a little UI bug. as i said i added all my tvshows to ignore except one (to start testing with only one show) and i had a UI bug and i may have a request:

request : for now we are able to add shows in ignore list but the droplist doesnt take into account the ignored one. it is always full. this results in this behavior

1) we can add multiple times (infinite times) the same show.

2) we have no ability to see what shows are actually allowed

the bug :

i decided to switch fast mode to off. and when i came back to remove one more show from ignore list i noticed the list visiually was empty (even upon refresh).. i had to readd one random show to make the list reappear

20 minutes ago, Sarakha63 said:

I ignored all TVshows and i left only one to start with. Everything seems fine i will now go further

i just had an idea (feature request) : give the ability to custom the chapter names for Title and Credits 

And i had a little UI bug. as i said i added all my tvshows to ignore except one (to start testing with only one show) and i had a UI bug and i may have a request:

request : for now we are able to add shows in ignore list but the droplist doesnt take into account the ignored one. it is always full. this results in this behavior

1) we can add multiple times (infinite times) the same show.

2) we have no ability to see what shows are actually allowed

the bug :

i decided to switch fast mode to off. and when i came back to remove one more show from ignore list i noticed the list visiually was empty (even upon refresh).. i had to readd one random show to make the list reappear

Thank you very much for this report.

I will double check the UI code immediately.

I'll see if I can filter the drop-down list to only show items that are not in the exclude list.

Excellent work! 

Edited by chef

Sarakha63

Youre welcome

I also noticed another strange behavior

i had one episode on a show where title sequence was set to 0. Not a problem i manually configured the title sequence and credit

but i noticed the marker was still at 00:00:00. So i decided to reset this season (i tought my manual credits will stay as it is stated in the ui but i figured out it is still in the todo list but thats not a problem)

after resetting the season i noticed that credits and intro sequence where still there.

i made another  chroma / detection and reconfigured manually the timings for this episode but no matter..... its just like once a title chapter and credits where added they are never deleted or upgraded

I'm i wrong ?

EDIT : i just noticed that refreshing metadata on emby side made the title and credits disappear. is this how we are suppose to handle a change or an upgrade ?

Edited by Sarakha63

Been a while. We bought a house and are completely remodeling it before moving in which is all time consuming but is almost done.

At any rate, I reset the .db and kicked off the audio fingerprinting with the latest dll several days ago and am here:

image.thumb.png.324f6888d99801919dfa6f1f931c56f1.png

Is this expected behavior with a very large library?

embyserver (40).txt

Edited by Sammy

4 minutes ago, Sarakha63 said:

Youre welcome

I also noticed another strange behavior

i had one episode on a show where title sequence was set to 0. Not a problem i manually configured the title sequence and credit

but i noticed the marker was still at 00:00:00. So i decided to reset this season (i tought my manual credits will stay as it is stated in the ui but i figured out it is still in the todo list but thats not a problem)

after resetting the season i noticed that credits and intro sequence where still there.

i made another  chroma / detection and reconfigured manually the timings for this episode but no matter..... its just like once a title chapter and credits where added they are never deleted or upgraded

I'm i wrong ?

EDIT : i just noticed that refreshing metadata on emby side made the title and credits disappear. is this how we are suppose to handle a change or an upgrade ?

After you configured the edited timestamps, did you hit the 'save' button?

Currently when the reset button is hit, it indeed does remove even edited content.

We use to try and save items that had been edited by the user, but the code was becoming very complex, and buggy.

So, we went back to basics. However, perhaps we had best try to recode the ability to keep edited content.

Let's see what we can do.

9 minutes ago, Sammy said:

Been a while. We bought a house and are completely remodeling it before moving in which is all time consuming but is almost done.

At any rate, I reset the .db and kicked off the audio fingerprinting with the latest dll several days ago and am here:

image.thumb.png.324f6888d99801919dfa6f1f931c56f1.png

Is this expected behavior with a very large library?

embyserver (40).txt 10.61 MB · 0 downloads

Hey Sammy! Welcome back! Congratulations on the new house! 

I'll read the log. BRB.