Show Intro Skip Option

Liquidfire88

I've also fixed the User opt-in list in Auto Skip to also, so you can't add infinite entries of the same user over and over again.

For the up-coming release. :)

rbjtech
10 minutes ago, chef said:

This is true different encoding do cause discrepancies.

Do you think Plex did that though? If users are saying that, all of a sudden one day a skip intro button appeared and it worked, then I'm wondering if they created a database with a whole bunch of data (like we do) and then created a weighting system (like we do) to find the best results for each kind of encoding.

It just makes me wonder if there is a private resource out there, and if Plex users were aware of their data being used to create it, and (if it's true) if they were charged a premium fee for the use of it. Ya know?

There could have very well been small print somewhere in the install that allowed the company to extract that data initially, and then use it to build a feature, that they then charged their clients for.

Obviously I don't know for certain, but...

😳

It would need a lot of thought and I think personally it would be a minefield.  

An MD5 hash, confirms that you have a particular version of a file.  the dB engine could easily take your source IP and if matched it will know you have a particular file (and source of it, if that source is a torrent or other dubious method, then it will inherently know that too..). 

The only query emby does today is to the providers will an anonymous tmdbId, tvdbId etc  - the source/type of the file is never revealed.

Sarakha63
1 minute ago, chef said:

I've also fixed the User opt-in list in Auto Skip to also, so you can't add infinite entries of the same user over and over again.

lol.... this is not nice as we dont have this option yet ;)

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sammy said:

Been a while. We bought a house and are completely remodeling it before moving in which is all time consuming but is almost done.

At any rate, I reset the .db and kicked off the audio fingerprinting with the latest dll several days ago and am here:

image.thumb.png.324f6888d99801919dfa6f1f931c56f1.png

Is this expected behavior with a very large library?

embyserver (40).txt 10.61 MB · 1 download

I've looked through this log, and I can see the plugin load, but then I see no sign of the chromprinting happening.

Do you have a couple rogue instances of ffmpeg running in your tasks?

I know we had an issue with ffmpeg hanging on. It has been fixed in the next release. 

That would be the only reason why the task would start and then hang for so long.

Let me know :)

Sarakha63
15 minutes ago, chef said:

auto skip i think is what most of beta are waiting for to see all the magig of all those data happen

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sarakha63 said:

auto skip i think is what most of beta are waiting for to see all the magig of all those data happen

@rbjtech has let his family and friends use the auto skip feature (as have I), and I think we both can confirm some good feedback. 

So,  I would imagine that we can get things going very soon.

• Like 1

Sarakha63
5 minutes ago, chef said:

@rbjtech has let his family and friends use the auto skip feature (as have I), and I think we both can confirm some good feedback. 

So,  I would imagine that we can get things going very soon.

waiting for it ;) as i'm continuing testing

rbjtech
2 hours ago, Sarakha63 said:

for your last remark. i would say your plugin... i will likely see if the users checks the option to share his data. the plugin itself will do that

1- check if on the database an md5 exists
2- If yes get the title and credits timings ---> finish
2- If no do the actual chromaprint fingerpriting
3- if option to share is enabled send to the database the md5 and the timings 
3- if option disabled--->finish without sending

I think we would need some sort of multiple acknowledgement of the hash - ie, if 5 people upload the same hash value with the same timings, then there is a good chance this is a valid record.   Some sort of 'confidence' rating needs to be used.  ie if less than 5 hash matches exist, then do the Chromaprint as well and compare/add to the dB.

@chef's code does a similar thing now when analysing Intro's across episodes/seasons (it's very smart!).   👍

Sarakha63

Hello all

I have a minor question. Let's say a complete season was analyzed and no intro was found on neither episode. 
But there is one. If i manually set it for one or two episodes. Is it worth it to launch a scan and the manually setted will help to find it for other episodes ?

PS : we are next week any news for the next MOST awaited release ? 😄

Cheesegeezer
8 minutes ago, Sarakha63 said:

Hello all

I have a minor question. Let's say a complete season was analyzed and no intro was found on neither episode. 
But there is one. If i manually set it for one or two episodes. Is it worth it to launch a scan and the manually setted will help to find it for other episodes ?

Do you have fast detect on or Off.  it might be worth Resetting that season and try the other option. 

image.png.5c9688908c4a954d122c7c53072215c8.png

Unfortunately the Intro is found using the Chromaprint.  Once the chromaprint(FP) is completed and detection is successful the FP is deleted from the system.

image.png.2bd4406da07521707ba12213e2ae9353.png

8 minutes ago, Sarakha63 said:

PS : we are next week any news for the next MOST awaited release ? 😄

I'm running a test on my main system and following the results on that, I think we will have a release later on today chief

Sarakha63
2 minutes ago, Cheesegeezer said:

Do you have fast detect on or Off.  it might be worth Resetting that season and try the other option. 

image.png.5c9688908c4a954d122c7c53072215c8.png

Unfortunately the Intro is found using the Chromaprint.  Once the chromaprint(FP) is completed and detection is successful the FP is deleted from the system.

image.png.2bd4406da07521707ba12213e2ae9353.png

I'm running a test on my main system and following the results on that, I think we will have a release later on today chief

OHHHH yesss today.

i have the fast detection off.  And by the way i told chef yesterday but dont know if he noticed it. When the fast detection switch is off it messes up with the ignore list under...

the list will always show empty when you get on the page. and you have to add one to see the list pop and so on.. (Minor issue but i noticed it so i inform)

Sarakha63

@chef  here is the cause of the issue of empty ignore list when toggle fast detect is off

configurationpage?name=AdvancedSettingsConfigurationPageJS&v=4.6.7.0:133 Uncaught (in promise) ReferenceError: blackDetectInterval is not defined

Cheesegeezer
45 minutes ago, Sarakha63 said:

@chef  here is the cause of the issue of empty ignore list when toggle fast detect is off

configurationpage?name=AdvancedSettingsConfigurationPageJS&v=4.6.7.0:133 Uncaught (in promise) ReferenceError: blackDetectInterval is not defined

if you go here...

{Emby Server Path}\programdata\plugins\configurations

check the check the introskip.xml to see if there is a value for blackdetectInterval

image.png.710032f2ad218652a85698be1b5943cf.png

Edited by Cheesegeezer

Sarakha63
11 minutes ago, Cheesegeezer said:

if you go here...

{Emby Server Path}\programdata\plugins\configurations

check the check the introskip.xml to see if there is a value for blackdetectInterval

image.png.710032f2ad218652a85698be1b5943cf.png

Yes there is. But is i understand it seems the issue is on the javascript side of the page... that seems to search a variable before its assignement but only in the case of the fasdetect to off

Cheesegeezer
26 minutes ago, Sarakha63 said:

Yes there is. But is i understand it seems the issue is on the javascript side of the page... that seems to search a variable before its assignement but only in the case of the fasdetect to off

Can you do me a favour and clear your browser cache and try again please.

there is no reference in the JS.  Can you find the error in the Dev Tools F12 and show me please

1 hour ago, Sarakha63 said:

Excellent, I will find that code and fix it right away.

Sarakha63
32 minutes ago, Cheesegeezer said:

Can you do me a favour and clear your browser cache and try again please.

there is no reference in the JS.  Can you find the error in the Dev Tools F12 and show me please

image.png.3a4bd9c8a42aca2380f1eb78da7edbd4.png

Exactly there

But maybe its already corrected on your side and the version we will have tonight

Edited by Sarakha63
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sarakha63 said:

I must have fixed this at some point throughout the coding process since the last release.

Originally we had given the ability for the user to have control over the black detection for credits... but it has since been removed from the UI.

It was best to get the variables fine tuned ourselves... or else it was going to open a world of hurt when trying to diagnose an infinite number of issues based on user settings.

Literally, infinite (the setting values are between 0 and 1).

Should be good to go for the next release.

Many thanks. Anything else let us know. 

We are just finishing some localization code, and we'll be ready to go here :)

Sarakha63
Just now, chef said:

I must have fixed this at some point throughout the coding process since the last release.

Originally we had given the ability for the user to have control over the black detection for credits... but it has since been removed from the UI.

It was best to get the variables fine tuned ourselves... or else it was going to open a world of hurt when trying to diagnose an infinite number of issues based on user settings.

Literally, infinite (the setting values are between 0 and 1).

Should be good to go for the next release.

Many thanks. Anything else let us know. 

We are just finishing some localization code, and we'll be ready to go here :)

i suspected that between version 22 and your code this was probably not present anymore.

Don't worry i will dig as much as i can on the next release.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Sarakha63 said:

image.png.3a4bd9c8a42aca2380f1eb78da7edbd4.png

Exactly there

But maybe its already corrected on your side and the version we will have tonight

Now we do this :)

ApiClient.getPluginConfiguration(pluginId).then((config) => {

titleSequenceMaxDegreeOfParallelism.value = config.MaxDegreeOfParallelism ? config.MaxDegreeOfParallelism : 2;
                    fingerprintMaxDegreeOfParallelism.value   = config.FingerprintingMaxDegreeOfParallelism ? config.FingerprintingMaxDegreeOfParallelism : 2;
                    chkEnableItemAddedTaskAutoRun.checked     = config.EnableItemAddedTaskAutoRun;
                    chkEnableDetectionTaskAutoRun.checked     = config.EnableIntroDetectionAutoRun;
                    chkEnableFastDetect.checked               = config.FastDetect;

if (config.IgnoredList) {
                        reloadList(config.IgnoredList, ignoreListElement, view);

}

loadSeriesSelect(config, view);

});

• Like 1

Sarakha63
1 minute ago, chef said:

Now we do this :)

ApiClient.getPluginConfiguration(pluginId).then((config) => {

titleSequenceMaxDegreeOfParallelism.value = config.MaxDegreeOfParallelism ? config.MaxDegreeOfParallelism : 2;
                    fingerprintMaxDegreeOfParallelism.value   = config.FingerprintingMaxDegreeOfParallelism ? config.FingerprintingMaxDegreeOfParallelism : 2;
                    chkEnableItemAddedTaskAutoRun.checked     = config.EnableItemAddedTaskAutoRun;
                    chkEnableDetectionTaskAutoRun.checked     = config.EnableIntroDetectionAutoRun;
                    chkEnableFastDetect.checked               = config.FastDetect;

if (config.IgnoredList) {
                        reloadList(config.IgnoredList, ignoreListElement, view);

}

loadSeriesSelect(config, view);

});

By the way do you think some nightlys could be done for some beta tester to be more in sync with feedbacks and not reporting an issue not present anymore on your side.

i dont know if it could be easy or not

6 minutes ago, Sarakha63 said:

By the way do you think some nightlys could be done for some beta tester to be more in sync with feedbacks and not reporting an issue not present anymore on your side.

i dont know if it could be easy or not

absolutely. We'll definitely make a point to be more active here. Sometimes we get caught up running iterations of the plugins we're developing. It would be in our best interest to post here often,  as features are getting finalized.

It looks as though we have finally gotten some really cool localization working.

We were able to get the subtitle or audio streams the client is playing, and we can change our 'Intro Skipped' message text,  to the language the user is watching (or reading) the stream in.

Very cool stuff.

We were able to translate to many languages. It will definitely be something to look for in the next release.

Edited by chef
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Sarakha63
57 minutes ago, chef said:

absolutely. We'll definitely make a point to be more active here. Sometimes we get caught up running iterations of the plugins we're developing. It would be in our best interest to post here often,  as features are getting finalized.

It looks as though we have finally gotten some really cool localization working.

We were able to get the subtitle or audio streams the client is playing, and we can change our 'Intro Skipped' message text,  to the language the user is watching (or reading) the stream in.

Very cool stuff.

We were able to translate to many languages. It will definitely be something to look for in the next release.

Great For the localization ! do you think in the future it could be applied to the "Title Sequence"  "End credits" name added as chapters. You answered me last time that you didnt want to dig in Localization for that and should rely on emby. But now you did the work for the notification maybe it will be easier now

Really impatient to have the autoskip new update.. My wife is wondering why i'm playing with timings.... and i guess whit autoskip she will directly see the benefit of all that lol