Jump to content

Show Intro Skip Option (Plugin)


Liquidfire88

Recommended Posts

fallenwitch3r

I think I read that a pre-release version should be released last week. What has become of it?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Cheesegeezer said:

Would you be able to go into your system.old folder and switch the 3 x ffmpeg files to the system folder.  this could fix it, if it is a ffmpeg revision included in linux beta.

system.old does not exist on Linux - at least I don't find it - but I will get some of the releases and extract the ffmpeg files from there and see how they behave comparing to the latest version.

I'll let you know about the results. 😉

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cheesegeezer
2 hours ago, fallenwitch3r said:

I think I read that a pre-release version should be released last week. What has become of it?

which? server or plugin.

For the plugin, We moved the testing to a bigger closed group.  And working on the fixes there before releasing anything.  We are soo soo close!!!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, neik said:

system.old does not exist on Linux - at least I don't find it - but I will get some of the releases and extract the ffmpeg files from there and see how they behave comparing to the latest version.

I'll let you know about the results. 😉

@Cheesegeezer

Ok, unfortunately the result is always the same.

What did I do:

1. I replaced each of those 3 files by the versions of stable 4.6.7 and beta .17
2. After that not helping I went a plugin version back and tried all the ffmpeg versions again but as stated above that didn't help either.

Interestingly enough I can see the extractions running in the task manager:

image.thumb.png.3ae2683f15484962bd6ca208bcfc8c97.png

The results is still this though:

image.thumb.png.1be0fc0ff69f29c4b78577a72604e380.png

And lots of this in the console:

image.png.2a48846d731c46dcacf0fb85fe2b7437.png

Edited by neik
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cheesegeezer
19 minutes ago, neik said:

@Cheesegeezer

Ok, unfortunately the result is always the same.

What did I do:

1. I replaced each of those 3 files by the versions of stable 4.6.7 and beta .17
2. After that not helping I went a plugin version back and tried all the ffmpeg versions again but as stated above that didn't help either.

Interestingly enough I can see the extractions running in the task manager:

image.thumb.png.3ae2683f15484962bd6ca208bcfc8c97.png

The results is still this though:

image.thumb.png.1be0fc0ff69f29c4b78577a72604e380.png

And lots of this in the console:

image.png.2a48846d731c46dcacf0fb85fe2b7437.png

this is really strange.  

i'm wondering how to test if its us or emby.

The only way i can think is if you select a TV Show  Season you're not bothered about, and then refresh metadata and also select refresh images.  See if FFmpeg can extract your chapter images. as it uses ffmpeg to generate these and I also think the thumb image too but i could be wrong.

It's entirely upto you if you want to do it.

I would restart emby before trying this so that you have a fresh log that isn't 80Mb long.  Do the test and restart emby again so it saves the log.  Rename it to ffmpegExtractTest or something like that.  Then we know what it is.

Like i say, it's upto you if you wanna do this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The image extraction was working prior to the last beta update, and it seems okay on Windows machines.

I will load it on Linux first thing tomorrow and see if it is us.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, Cheesegeezer said:

this is really strange.  

i'm wondering how to test if its us or emby.

The only way i can think is if you select a TV Show  Season you're not bothered about, and then refresh metadata and also select refresh images.  See if FFmpeg can extract your chapter images. as it uses ffmpeg to generate these and I also think the thumb image too but i could be wrong.

It's entirely upto you if you want to do it.

I would restart emby before trying this so that you have a fresh log that isn't 80Mb long.  Do the test and restart emby again so it saves the log.  Rename it to ffmpegExtractTest or something like that.  Then we know what it is.

Like i say, it's upto you if you wanna do this.

I will try to have a look at it tomorrow.

2 minutes ago, chef said:

The image extraction was working prior to the last beta update

I can confirm that it was working at some point, it worked for me as well.
Let's see if we can narrow this down. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Painkiller8818

Do the Intro sequences only appear after the whole detecting process is done?
My process is running and is showing on everything no intro

So i wonder if they will appear after the process is fully done or if it is really failing to detect

 

thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm not quite sure they are shown while the the process is running. You might need to stop it, to see the thumbs.

You can have a look at the logs though, there you can see what the detection is detecting (or not). Debug might be needed...

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Once detection is run, you will most likely see results as they are found in the UI.

But, inorder to see the results as they are found in realtime, you can open the Emby log, and turn on debug logging.

While debug is turned on you will get realtime log entries that show the episode, and the sequence detections, as well as some stats showing how it was found.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Painkiller8818
1 minute ago, chef said:

Once detection is run, you will most likely see results as they are found in the UI.

But, inorder to see the results as they are found in realtime, you can open the Emby log, and turn on debug logging.

While debug is turned on you will get realtime log entries that show the episode, and the sequence detections, as well as some stats showing how it was found.

ok thanks i found a few now, i just thought it is doing the shows in aphabetical order but it isn't. I found some shows now with detected intros.

I will wait till the full process is done :)

PS: And yes CPU now hits a 100% permanent with 8 simultaneous sessions but god thanks its winter so i opened the window in the server room and have a cpu temp programm open all the time :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Painkiller8818 said:

ok thanks i found a few now, i just thought it is doing the shows in aphabetical order but it isn't. I found some shows now with detected intros.

I will wait till the full process is done :)

PS: And yes CPU now hits a 100% permanent with 8 simultaneous sessions but god thanks its winter so i opened the window in the server room and have a cpu temp programm open all the time :D

LOL!

Yeah, so we are using parallel programing. In this case we feed the scanner all the series in you library, and it will spit out detections in no particular order. It's interesting because it is totally random.

If you were to run the scan again, it would finish sets of series in a completely different order.

Glad to hear you are getting some results. 

As for your CPU... You can also stop the scan at anytime, and restart it at a later point, it will pickup were it left off.

For detection it will start to scan again at a season level.

But for fingerprints, it will start at the next episode which doesn't have a print yet.

 

Definitely, looking forward to the feedback.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Painkiller8818
On 11/27/2021 at 6:44 PM, chef said:

🤟Auto skip anyone? Smooth like butter. 😆

 

Fingerprint and Detection now are done on mine. There are still a lot of Shows without an Intro found, maybe to run the process again will help.

Especially on the Simpsons, there are a lot of Seasons i should manually correct, 2 Broke Girls, Knight Rider etc, don't have an intro detected at all.
But i also have a lot of shows where the intro has been detected.

I have also checked the thumbnail extraction and Title sequence chapter marker but how can i now Skip these Intros? I don't have a Button or auto Skip on mine.

Something i need to do in the settings to get it like on the video?

thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Painkiller8818 said:

There are still a lot of Shows without an Intro found, maybe to run the process again will help.

Is this result with "fast detection" on or off?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

fallenwitch3r

I have also many Simpsons episodes with a missing intro. It is hard to correct this because of the huge CPU load. Is there anything new about the option to cache the preview pictures? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, fallenwitch3r said:

I have also many Simpsons episodes with a missing intro. It is hard to correct this because of the huge CPU load. Is there anything new about the option to cache the preview pictures? 

I don't think we should be caching that many images. For large libraries there are just to many.  

It's a trade, space for CPU. I can see series like the Simpsons cause a really large overhead when loading the plugin UI because there are so many episode in one season.

Would you really want to use up space for that many images?

 

 

@rbjtech for large seasons, it take forever for the UI to load, and with high resource usage on the CPU.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Painkiller8818 said:

Fingerprint and Detection now are done on mine. There are still a lot of Shows without an Intro found, maybe to run the process again will help.

Especially on the Simpsons, there are a lot of Seasons i should manually correct, 2 Broke Girls, Knight Rider etc, don't have an intro detected at all.
But i also have a lot of shows where the intro has been detected.

I have also checked the thumbnail extraction and Title sequence chapter marker but how can i now Skip these Intros? I don't have a Button or auto Skip on mine.

Something i need to do in the settings to get it like on the video?

thanks

You want to look at the extracted frames. They don't have to line up perfectly, they just need to be from around the same parts of the video.

The extracted frames are for reference only, I wouldn't count on them lining up perfectly with each other. But, if they are close, then the intro is detected.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Painkiller8818

ok thanks and where can i activate the intro skip now? i have no button and no auto skip like you in the video.

 

thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Painkiller8818 said:

ok thanks and where can i activate the intro skip now? i have no button and no auto skip like you in the video.

 

thanks

One second...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Painkiller8818
2 minutes ago, chef said:

@Painkiller8818 quick question.

Over all, do you have a positive detection on most of you media items?

 

i would say about 40-50% of my shows has been detected now, i can't say how exact these detections are because i just looked for a few if there is an intro.

But many were not recognized although the intro is always the same

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Painkiller8818

A few examples where no into has been detected but the intro is always the same:

Smallville, Supernatural, X-Files, Knight Rider etc...

Fast detection is off

Game of Thrones for example has a detection of 100%

Edited by Painkiller8818
Link to comment
Share on other sites

fallenwitch3r

I must correct myself. All Simpsons episodes are correct scanned. Most of the episodes have an default intro. But many episodes have special intros or a short intro about 5-7 seconds

@chef

Yes, I like to see this option because some of the users dont care about space on there HDDs. You can built in this option to save the previews in the same folder like the media files.

Take a look here. This is a generated file.

ExtractThumbImage.dib

With 7kb per File. No one can talk from much space on the HDD 😉

10.000 Episodes X 7kb per picture X 3 pictures = 210.000 kB = 210MB

You can save 1/3 of space by using a default picture for the end credit picture. Something like "End credits starts here" or something like that. 

1 hour ago, chef said:

Would you really want to use up space for that many images?

Edited by fallenwitch3r
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...