[SOLVED] Music Playback issue - not sure if Emby or OSMC

jbmangan

Angelblue05

Addon playback does not apply to music in Kodi. Unfortunately, there's no way for the addon to control playback, that's why we are forced to insert either the direct path or the http url in the Kodi music database.

I am like 99% sure your music paths are incorrect. Kodi only complains when it's not able to locate your files. Http url should just playback. Unfortunately, logs are useless because the way music works in Kodi.

You need to confirm your music paths are indeed http urls.

If you click info on your songs, does it display the path information? What is it? Can you confirm you enabled music direct stream in emby for kodi settings? If it's not, you need to enable it, save your settings, then reset your local database.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Angelblue05

jmangan

Angelblue05, If I click info on a track all it shows is Album, Artist, Genre and Year. That's it.

I think I tried Direct Stream for the music previously in response to one of your previous posts but it didn't make a difference.

Just to be sure I will do it again, reset the database and reboot and see if anything changes - including track info.

Thanks all for the continuing support.

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Let me know. I'll be here. Thanks for your patience trying to get this resolved :)

jmangan

Success! And a palpable sense of relief!

Short version:

Angelblue05 was right. Configured Add-On (Default), Direct Stream Music, Force reset of database and reboot after synch completes. Working!!

Longer version:

This was on the completely clean build of OSMC I did about a week ago. I think I had tried Native Mode (remote path) with Direct Stream and Default without Direct Stream but, to be honest, I've tried so many different things over the last two weeks I can't be sure anymore.

So then I tried the same thing on my other OSMC device and it failed. But this time I knew it should work and started going through the settings. I found that after apparently completing the synch and re-booting it had lost the network settings! Re-configured and got a working solution for one track. Then it failed again and I couldn't get it working.

Did a clean rebuild and couldn't get it working and finally discovered that the Emby-server service had crashed. Re-started that and all appears to be well. I don't know whether it was coincidence or the 'old build' crashed the server or what and frankly I'm past caring.

I still don't know why originally swapping the server caused such problems but I'm glad its done.

Thank you so much for sticking with this and getting me over the line. I know how hard it is trying to interpret someone else's incomplete knowledge of something into a useful diagnosis. Much appreciated. I'm not going to touch anything for at least a week now and just enjoy it working :D

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Hurray :) I've been pushing Kodi devs to improve music. Hopefully in the future, we can have music on par with video playback.

Edited by Angelblue05