Chromecast Issue

Defeli

Defeli

Dear All

I know that this is a well trodden path but I would like to ask some advice on this one.  I've got Emby Android installed on four devices.  

Google Pixel C

Huawei P9

Huawei P10 Plus

Huawei Media Pad 8

All the various settings are identical in all the devices and the permissions are the same.  The Google, P9 and P10 all work perfectly and find the Chromecast and play seamlessly.  The Media Pad simply does not find the Chromecast.

I've checked everything I can think of but has anyone got any other ideas that I could try?

The server OS is up-to-date etc.

Any help with this would be very much appreciated.

Defeli

HaraldBluetooth

Are all 4 devices on the same WIFI. If your router have 2.4GHz and 5GHz network, this could be the issue. Chromecast and device have to be on the same network.....

Edited by HaraldBluetooth

Defeli

I've checked all of that and everything is running on the 2.4GHz WiFi.  It's definitely a bit odd.  

It also depends on Google play services being installed and functioning properly.

Defeli

I've compared the version of Google Play Services in the Huawei devices and they are all up-to-date and working.  I don't believe that I've missed any settings.  It is really weird.  The thing that makes it even odder is that Plex works fine on the tablet whereas Emby does not.  I'll keep pursuing this as I'm really please with what Emby offers on all the other mobiles.