Nexus Player

Noel Grassy

Noel Grassy

I'm trying to get emby working with kodi on a Nexus Player. I have it running fine on 3 windows pc's and 2 android boxes. When i install the emby plugin in kodi it says gathering info for movies and when it reaches 100% kodi just disappears and it is back on the Nexus Player start screen. I am using the latest kodi and the nexus player is updated as well. It does not matter if i use the stable or beta plugin the result is the same. I have reset te nexus and reinstalled several times as well. Does any one have any idea what is going on?

Noel Grassy

Ok. Just was wondering if it would even register in the log since as soon as i enable the plugin it starts "gathering info for movies" then at 100% just goes to the nexus start screen. It doesn't crash and on restart of kodi it's like it never ran at all. As soon as I get home i'll post the log though.

Angelblue05

Yes it would show the issue in your log, up to the point it freezes. The process might be too demanding with the default add-on settings.

Angelblue05

Remove your MySQL from your advanced settings and let me know if it works then.

Noel Grassy

I just added that the other day. I have been having this issue for a lot longer than that. It's not what's causing the problem.

Angelblue05

Remove it anyway. Because Emby for Kodi is not compatible with MySQL.

Edited by Angelblue05

Noel Grassy

I'll give it a try and let you know. Oh and also, the nexus does not crash if the emby plugin is disabled. Ever really. Like for weeks.

Edited by Noel Grassy

Noel Grassy

I tried the manual install first.It populated the library but emby tries to sync on startup and it does the same thing.

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

Angelblue05

Do you have a big movie library? What is your number of item requested in the add-on settings? I'd set it very low, like 10-15 even 5. What is your emby server running on? Does it freeze too?

If that doesn't work, I'd just go with Embycon. :)

Edited by Angelblue05

Noel Grassy

Around 11,000 movies, 800 tv shows and about 2000 albums. I have had it set to 15 before with the same result. I'll try lower. My server is running on  windows pc with no problems. If all else fails I will go with embycon but can I control that through Yatse remote?

• Like 1

Noel Grassy

I turned it down to 5 with the same result. :unsure:

Edited by Angelblue05

Angelblue05

I really don't know, hmm. Does your server log show any errors around the same time as your kodi log?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Angelblue05

But there were requests coming from Kodi like Users/{userid}/Items during that time?

Ok well for now, please go ahead and try out embycon.

I'm not going to be able to rework that area for a litttle bit, but I'll probably bug you later to test a new build when I get the chance :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1