#1 Tolriq OFFLINE  

Tolriq

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 93 posts
  • Local time: 12:30 PM

Posted 05 May 2017 - 01:24 PM

banner_dark_640.png

Since more and more users asked for it, I'm glad to announce native Emby server support for Yatse.

Full library sync, PVR, Offline media sync, transcoding, Chromecast are all supported.

App link: https://play.google....yatsewidgetfree

Edited by Tolriq, 23 March 2018 - 04:30 PM.

• CBers, SikSlayer, atomicmoon and 4 others like this

#2 aptalca OFFLINE  

aptalca

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 207 posts
  • Local time: 06:30 AM

Posted 05 May 2017 - 03:10 PM

Tolriq, great to see you here.

I just switched from mysql to using emby server as the backend for kodi a few weeks back so I must say this is great timing

#3 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 137604 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 04:48 PM

Welcome, looks great !

#4 Tolriq OFFLINE  

Tolriq

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 06 May 2017 - 05:22 AM

Thanks :) Will soon open some questions in the dev forum about API ;)

#5 Tolriq OFFLINE  

Tolriq

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 01:51 PM

New Yatse version 7.5.5 with Emby no more labelled as Beta as all reported issues are fixed :)

Still a lot to implement and still no transcoding support yet but includes:

- Global library synchronisation with offline cache

- Media download for offline playing / streaming (sync back playback position and watched status on reconnect).

- Stream media to local device (Require external player for video), to Chromecast, UPnP or Kodi devices. (From local device, Kodi, Emby, ...)

- Can seamlessly move streaming from devices to devices, start on Kodi, migrate to local device when walking to bedroom then continue on bedroom Chromecast.

And lot's of other things not related to Emby.

• Luke, CashMoney, jabadabado and 2 others like this

#6 aptalca OFFLINE  

aptalca

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 07:41 PM

Hi Tolriq,

Do you have plans to use the emby.kodi queue sync plugin for incremental updates? The plugin stores database changes for each device since their last sync so when they connect again, they only sync the changes since the last sync which is much much quicker than a full sync.

#7 Vidman ONLINE  

Vidman

Advanced Member

• Alpha Testers
  • 2662 posts
  • Local time: 06:30 PM

Posted 19 May 2017 - 08:39 PM

Hi Tolriq,

Do you have plans to use the emby.kodi queue sync plugin for incremental updates? The plugin stores database changes for each device since their last sync so when they connect again, they only sync the changes since the last sync which is much much quicker than a full sync.

This should not be needed with native emby support. What would be great is if all emby clients could be listed under the cast button as per other emby mobile apps ie: so yatse can remote control native emby clients the same way it can control kodi

Edited by Vidman, 19 May 2017 - 08:41 PM.

#8 Tolriq OFFLINE  

Tolriq

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 04:02 AM

It would be needed if I did incremental sync as there's no other way to implement that (Yatse runs a phone, it can't be connected 100% to get all push notifications). But 1) I do not like to depends on something that is not native to Emby nor I have control over. 2) Since Kodi API suxx with non static media IDs the sync system is not made to do incremental update.

It update single elements, like a movie / show when browsing it, but library sync will stay full for now.

And yes having emby clients shown in the cast button is on the large todo, but again big change from Kodi that only have one, and my internal API was first made for it, so I need another big rewrite to handle this :(

#9 PhillyFanInDetroit OFFLINE  

PhillyFanInDetroit

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 06:06 PM

@Tolriq

Best...remote...ever, seriously man... keep up the great work and thank you for including Emby support, I have pitched in and bought the app and have never regretted the decision.

By the way, I know you don't get enough of this... but I love your new skin and layout, the hell with the haters bubba.

• SikSlayer likes this

#10 aptalca OFFLINE  

aptalca

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 12:38 AM

Hi Tolriq,

Just noticed that the latest beta does not sync tv shows properly anymore

#11 Tolriq OFFLINE  

Tolriq

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 03:27 AM

Yeah some changes in Emby just at the same time :)  https://emby.media/c...48053-3219-bug/

No luck bad timing, but will release a fix soon.

#12 Tolriq OFFLINE  

Tolriq

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 06:41 AM

Fix pushed should arrive soon on all devices.

#13 aptalca OFFLINE  

aptalca

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 08:00 AM

Works with the latest update.

Thanks

#14 Tolriq OFFLINE  

Tolriq

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 03:56 PM

New Yatse release 7.6.5 with support for reverse proxy sub path when connecting to Emby as requested.

#15 Tolriq OFFLINE  

Tolriq

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 08 July 2017 - 06:39 AM

New version 7.7.2

* Added: Support for external subtitles from Emby / Local device + Offline downloaded media to players that support them.
* Fixed: Continuation of internal code rewrites to remove all Kodi hacks from core. Emby transcoding is getting closer, if you have specific needs about those please contact us with details and information

• CBers and jabadabado like this

#16 Tolriq OFFLINE  

Tolriq

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 09:10 AM

Starting a new Yatse beta with start of support for Emby transcoding and PVR, EPG, recordings.

You can get more information at https://plus.google....34-21dd14509499

#17 Tolriq OFFLINE  

Tolriq

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 12:10 PM

New Yatse version 7.8.0

* Added: Started support for Emby transcoding. (See General/Expert settings for options).
* Added: Support of PVR, EPG and Recordings for Emby provider.
* Added: Support for Media Player Classic custom commands.
* Added: Compiled and optimized for Android O.
* Fixed: Quite a few details and improvements.
* Fixed: Most reported issues, as always only reported issues with details can be addressed.
  • jabadabado likes this

#18 aptalca OFFLINE  

aptalca

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 08:21 PM

Hi Tolriq,

I have a bunch of kodi boxes and I used to use mysql to connect them. In Yatse, I had selected one as the master and linked the others' databases. It worked really well.

I have now switched to emby as the backend and all those kodi boxes are using the kodi emby addon that syncs the emby library to the local kodi libraries.

I think it would be great if I could select emby as the master database and link all those kodi boxes to it in Yatse.

Thanks

#19 Tolriq OFFLINE  

Tolriq

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 01:40 AM

Well this is not really possible as the JSON API does not return all necessary information. (Unless there's some hidden data like with uniqueId but then not for music).

Yatse does correctly handle what is played / resume point and everything needed. So you can add Emby in Yatse then play anything on any Kodi by selecting your Kodi's in Yatse player target.

I don't thinking anything would be missing and if it was the case then just say :)

#20 bigeyez OFFLINE  

bigeyez

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 159 posts
  • Local time: 05:30 AM

Posted 29 August 2017 - 11:32 AM

Hi

​I tried Yatse for Emby and it works for the most part it works beautifully but there  I had some crashes, refusing to play certain files, refusing to next song forward etc tyupe stuff which I think part of the development process. I hope the stability improves along the way.

Basically I recommend this tool to Emby users.

​Here is a small feature request list

​1) Rating/favoriting songs/albums

​2) Randomizing the playlist.

​3) The playlist should show the current song in shuffle mode when the playlist is open. It is kind of hard to find the curently playing song in a long playlist.

Edited by bigeyez, 29 August 2017 - 11:45 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Yatse, Emby

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users