Show splash screen whilst Emby Theater is updating

AdrianW

AdrianW

Emby Theater takes 30 seconds to update - and there's absolutely no indication that anything is happening during those 30 seconds.

Please display some kind of splash screen image during the update process.

• Like 22

I haven't added this yet, but in release 2.7.6 I have finally split the downloads by architecture. So having the download sizes cut in half will at least speed up the process.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
AdrianW

I'll bump this one as well while I'm at it. :)

This one should be a relatively quick to implement.

AdrianW

+1 on this. Was just thinking about that the other day...

To make your +1 count please like the first post - that causes the green counter icon to increment. The devs use those green counters to gauge user interest in features.

jscoys

Yeah and human being stupid when interacting with computers, and nothing happening when updating, some of my users click several time on Emby icon...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SikSlayer

To make your +1 count please like the first post - that causes the green counter icon to increment. The devs use those green counters to gauge user interest in features.

I thought I did... Can’t see it on mobile to be sure. 

EDIT: Nevermind, I see now, I already did like it. 

AdrianW

I thought I did... Can’t see it on mobile to be sure. 

I couldn't see it either - but it's definitely there now.

We got it up to 16 votes now. :)

aspdend

I couldn't see it either - but it's definitely there now.

We got it up to 16 votes now. :)

What's the threshold though?

AdrianW

What's the threshold though?

I don't think there is one - it mostly depends on what features Luke wants to spend his time on. But, it shows him that there's an amount of community interest in certain features, so he's more likely to consider them.

aspdend

I don't think there is one - it mostly depends on what features Luke wants to spend his time on. But, it shows him that there's an amount of community interest in certain features, so he's more likely to consider them.

That's what i thought...will have to wait and see then

• 7 months later...
AdrianW

BUMP.

Launched ET today and absolutely no indication of anything happening for at least 30 seconds. Surely adding a "ET is updating - please wait" splash screen can't be that hard.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
AdrianW

Bump again.

Just updated to 3.0.8 which took at least 30 seconds - if I hadn't read the forum first I wouldn't have known to expect the delay and I'd have tried to start ET multiple times.

• Like 1

• 4 years later...

This will be in the new windows app that will be coming soon. The Window store update process will handle updates for us.

5 minutes ago, AdrianW said:

Does that mean you're stopping development on the desktop version? 

No, they will be unified into one that contains the best of both. The video player from the desktop app along with the better windows integration of the store app. You'll still be able to download separate builds, but the store version will be the exact same thing so there won't be much reason to, other than testing. For this reason we are not going to build our own installer or update mechanism since the store will do that for us.