Audio Pass through not functioning

JustEric78
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

JustEric78

Really odd that it is just TV series that are effected but I will submit a bug. Do you all have a relationship with them so this will actually be looked at?

JustEric78

Well we don't know yet whose issue it is.

Okay, I will reinstall the plugin and hold off on submitting a bug to MPV. Still seems very odd that it only effects TV series so I tend to not think it is a problem with the player itself. 

radeon

Hey Eiic

Whilst this might might be the case, unfortunately the playback is out of my control. Look at my plugins as a metadata provider and nothing else. All they do is provide the media and place it in the correct structure for the clients to utilise. However they're not involved in any way in the actual playback of the media. 

Edited by radeon

JustEric78

Hey Eiic

Whilst this might might be the case, unfortunately the playback is out of my control. Look at my plugins as a metadata provider and nothing else. All they do is provide the media and place it in the correct structure for the clients to utilise. However they're not involved in any way in the actual playback of the media. 

Makes perfect sense, this is a strange one though for sure since it does not effect all files with themes. Thank you for the reply sir. 

radeon

Makes perfect sense, this is a strange one though for sure since it does not effect all files with themes. Thank you for the reply sir. 

One way you could prove this would be to completely uninstall my plugins and see what it does then. You should get the same behaviour as the themes that my plugin downloaded exist still as files but nothing else.

JustEric78

As expected, removing and reinstalling the add on had no effect.

Guest asrequested

As expected, removing and reinstalling the add on had no effect.

Yeah, I was expecting that, too. Doesn't hurt to try. I'm going to look a little deeper at my logs, to the process mpv takes.

Workaround for now is just to press stop to stop the theme music before starting your video.

JustEric78

Thanks but hitting stop just takes me out of the screen to start the video, will just wait for the fix. Thank you for looking into it Luke!

JustEric78

If someone else needs a workaround, if you start then stop, and once again start you get HD audio.

• Solution

Please try version 2.7.8 and see if that helps. Thanks.

• Like 1

JohnnyM

I was just about to post to you the I had figured out that theme songs playing before the movie was the issue. I had renamed the theme so it would play and the movie audio was in DD 5.1.

I tried version 2.7.8 and it solved the problem

Thanks

JohnnyM