Audio Pass through not functioning

JustEric78
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

JustEric78

Attached is the file I created, let me know if this looks right. I changed it back to a txt to post as it would not allow a conf file. 

mpv.txt

Guest asrequested

Attached is the file I created, let me know if this looks right. I changed it back to a txt to post as it would not allow a conf file. 

Try this

JustEric78

Ahh, you were just telling it where to store the file, I thought you were looking for the videos path. Please find attached, it settled on stereo but do not see a why.

log.txt

Guest asrequested

Ahh, you were just telling it where to store the file, I thought you were looking for the videos path. Please find attached, it settled on stereo but do not see a why.

It looks like you have a Theme.mp3 file that it plays, first.

[cplayer] Run command: loadfile, flags=0, args=[\\hv\nas\TV\Battlestar Galactica\theme.mp3, replace, ]
[   0.026][i][cplayer] Playing: \\hv\nas\TV\Battlestar Galactica\theme.mp3
[   0.027][v][cplayer] Running hook: ytdl_hook/on_load
[   0.027][v][cplayer] Run command: hook-ack, flags=0, args=[on_load]
[   0.028][w][cplayer] Warning: property 'loop' was replaced with 'loop-playlist' and might be removed in the future.
[   0.031][v][ifo] Opening \\hv\nas\TV\Battlestar Galactica\theme.mp3
[   0.034][v][ifo_dvdnav] Opening \\hv\nas\TV\Battlestar Galactica\theme.mp3
[   0.036][v][bdmv/bluray] Opening \\hv\nas\TV\Battlestar Galactica\theme.mp3
[   0.038][v][file] Opening \\hv\nas\TV\Battlestar Galactica\theme.mp3
[   0.049][v][file] Stream opened successfully.

And then it's trying to switch back

[cplayer] playback restart complete
[   6.204][i][cplayer] Track switched:
[   6.205][i][cplayer]  (+) Video --vid=1 (*) (hevc 1920x1080 23.976fps)
[   6.206][i][cplayer]  (+) Audio --aid=1 --alang=eng (*) (dts 6ch 48000Hz)

If you don't want the theme music, just remove the mp3.

@@Luke wasn't there a "play themes" option, somewhere? I can't find it.

• Like 1

JustEric78

Are you saying the theme music is causing the problem? If that is the case it sounds like a bug to me, no?

Guest asrequested

Are you saying the theme music is causing the problem? If that is the case it sounds like a bug to me, no?

Yes and no. The log is saying that it plays it first, then switches. have you tried letting it play through the music?

JustEric78

Yes and no. The log is saying that it plays it first, then switches. have you tried letting it play through the music?

I just completely removed the theme mp3 and replayed and it was still in stereo. 

Guest asrequested

Yes, I do.

Then I would suggest it's doing what it's supposed to. It's playing the theme, first. Once it plays the theme, is it not switching?

JustEric78

Not sure I am following you, it is not a problem with audio playing just that it is not playing in HD audio. I will find another themed movie or show and see if it plays the audio properly.

Guest asrequested

Not sure I am following you, it is not a problem with audio playing just that it is not playing in HD audio. I will find another themed movie or show and see if it plays the audio properly.

MPV is playing the mp3, first. Not bit-streamed, so it uses a filter. To play the DTS track (bit-streamed), it has to restart to be able to apply the settings. According to the log, it's successfully doing that. So when you start playing, what you play first, is the mp3 (stereo). What I'm asking is, once the theme has finished, is it not then playing the DTS? You'll need to play through the theme, and see what happens.

• Like 1

JustEric78

Yea, tried that and fast forwarded to the end of the theme and still got stereo. I verified the same thing is happening on two other series but it has to be TV theme specific. The movie theme add on does not have this problem and audio plays properly. Since I do not watch a lot of series this is probably why I never uncovered this. It seems to me that the author of the plug in needs to figure out why it works in the movie add in and not the TV add in. Is that person Emby staff?

Edit: sending a message to Radeon 

Edited by JustEric78

JustEric78

Thanks, just gave him this posts link and what you discovered. I really appreciate the help over the last few days!

JustEric78

What about movies that don't have theme songs?

The movie add on is separate and the audio passes through as expected. This is just a bug with the TV add on.

the server add-on that downloads tv themes? i can't imagine that is causing this.

JustEric78

the server add-on that downloads tv themes? i can't imagine that is causing this.

I would tend to agree with you but I think Doofus did a good job at directing to this as being the answer. All movies (including those with themes) pass through audio as expected. TV series without themes pass through as expected, all the TV series I have with a theme, do not pass through audio. I do not see any other correlation. 

edit: Perhaps this is a problem with the way Emby handles the playing of these themes for TV series specifically? That seems equally as unlikely. 

Edited by JustEric78

I think it is probably an issue with mpv switching audio outputs.

• Like 1

JustEric78

I think it is probably an issue with mpv switching audio outputs.

Odd that it seems to only effect TV series, is MPV something you all own or is it third party software? 

Guest asrequested

Luke, is it possible that the difference between movie and tv libraries, is somehow involved?