Constantly Crashing

snydes

snydes

the app seems to be constantly crashing even when it hasn't been used for a few days and is not in my recent tab. It'll say either report the problem or just 'Okay' to dismiss notification. it's very annoying as it completely covers everything making sure I HAVE to dismiss the notification. I can try to get logs if you wish.

Hi, we're sorry to hear about this. Can you please describe exactly what you are doing when the app crashes? Have you clicked OK to submit a crash report? thanks.

snydes

Hi, we're sorry to hear about this. Can you please describe exactly what you are doing when the app crashes? Have you clicked OK to submit a crash report? thanks.

I'm doing anything, it happens randomly all the time out of nowhere, usually within other apps but has happened while emby was open as well at least once before.

The pop-up says 'Emby has unfortunately stopped' and says either ok or report it. I have reported it once but usually just hit okay to dismiss pop up.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

snydes

As you can see it happens out of nowhere. Was just scrolling Twitter and it popped up after I haven't opened it in days.02e53a6e301a19be5f52e4c993cdcdee.jpg

snydes

@@snydes when was the last time you submitted a report? Thanks !

I'd say at least a week ago, the next time it happens I report it again. And will link them to this chat. As for the log I'll check how to and will upload ones from previous and the next time.

Thanks. You'll also want to update to the latest version of the app.

snydes

Thanks. You'll also want to update to the latest version of the app.

Just got the new update now will let you know if it stops but I had this issue many months back but deleted the app instead of reporting it. No version has ever fixed it.

Phone is OnePlus One, 6.0.1, rooted, COS13.1 just to let you know

@@snydes, can you update to the latest version of the app and let me know if the issue persists? if it does, please provide a new app log. thanks !

snydes

@@snydes, can you update to the latest version of the app and let me know if the issue persists? if it does, please provide a new app log. thanks !

I'm apparently with the newest version that is in the play store

• 2 weeks later...
Sammy

I can't seem to get reliable playback of my music library on my home network. It'll play one song and maybe not even that then stop playing. It still shows in the notification bar as playing but there's no audio. I have to force close and even it still shows in the notification bar. Sometimes it shows it has stopped working and I have submitted a report via my phone at that point. Not exactly sure where, if anywhere, that report goes. This is not even video. I see no reason why the app should crash playing back mp3 or FLAC audio.

I have a Galaxy S7, BTW.

Sammy

Here's a few logs from yesterday if they help. This happened yesterday and on Saturday while working in my garage and on my pool equipment while attempting playing back via Bluetooth to a portable bluetooth player.

df3e3e9e-5dba-4c88-aa22-250b989a05b8.log

9ca511eb-bceb-478e-b542-d3e74f6af022.log

df72d94d-333e-484b-aa7d-874719e8379e.log

76a6ca88-fff1-41e7-ac0d-7e0723cb5f10.log

• 3 weeks later...
snydes

You guys really need to fix this app as it makes my phone unusable and interrupts my daily use which extremely annoying and not one single update has ever fixed it. Here are some more logs I don't want to keep upload these really and I update the app as frequently as I am allowed through the play store so if I'm a version behind I can't help it but I doubt it'll fix this glitch.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2CvCRalvAFlT1N0REljc0VNcFE/view?usp=drivesdk

Sammy

I found when I replaced my Galaxy S4 with a Galaxy S7 a lot of my problems went away. Maybe it is the fact that this phone came out in 2014 and isn't up to the task of a modern app such as Emby? I couldn't run Emby or a lot of things reliably on that old phone and now I can. Just a thought.