Constantly Crashing

snydes

snydes

I found when I replaced my Galaxy S4 with a Galaxy S7 a lot of my problems went away. Maybe it is the fact that this phone came out in 2014 and isn't up to the task of a modern app such as Emby? I couldn't run Emby or a lot of things reliably on that old phone and now I can. Just a thought.

There should be no way it is a hardware issue it must somehow be software even though I'm running 6.0.1 which is not far from nougat at all and emby was out well back in lollipop days

Also make a new topic for your playback errors this is for Crashing apps even though I do have issues casting as well to my Nexus player

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Edited by snydes

I'll have to see if I can get my hands on an S4 for testing. I do have some old devices running android 4.1 that the app runs fine on.

Sammy

I have to correct myself. On My Galaxy S7 Emby crashes when attempting to playback music making it useless to stream locally stored music to a Bluetooth speaker. This seems it should be easier to do than playback a video file but apparently it isn't.

snydes

Any updates for my crashing issues? Cause it is extremely annoying

arrbee99

FYI, son seems to be having same problem on his new Android phone, a Huawei GT3. It plays videos fine but generally starts to play a song and then immediately stops again. This is through phone loudspeaker. Can see in the server dashboard - Starting to play... followed a second later by ...Has stopped playing. On latest beta server, Windows 10. Will send some logs and bit more info on phone later today hopefully.

• 1 month later...

So um this is happening now.. error message box does not fit the screen correctly. Getting less error messages but now it's hard to hit the OK buttoneb9e6f7d73ae6b8767ffdee932db6d49.jpg

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have noticed the emby app is really slow at loading on startup. Sometimes the artists images do not show up when you go to an album. Also the app locks up at times, and if I play a song it will play for a bit and sometimes just jumps to the next song instead of playing the full song.

I have noticed the emby app is really slow at loading on startup. Sometimes the artists images do not show up when you go to an album. Also the app locks up at times, and if I play a song it will play for a bit and sometimes just jumps to the next song instead of playing the full song.

hi @@James63, I haven't seen this but will do some testing, thanks.