incorrect poster image/size

JohnnyM

One2Go

I add my experience to that also latest server and latest cover art versions. To correct it set treatment to ignore and then back to case treatment. It did this for movies using side case and it just did this for TV shows and seasons using the sapphire treatment.

Do you guys see this problem in any of the TV apps (Android TV, Fire TV, Apple TV, Roku)?

mediacowboy

@@ebr, I know you asked about TV apps but I see it in the mobile andriod. I will check my Roku later today.

da3179bd4c06e0865a8f160ce5f9c2ba.jpg

One2Go

I am running Emby for WMC on Windows 7 using the Throgsoft themes and it DOES NOT show the problem of incorrect poster size. Since my posters are of varying size but all are in full multiples of 600x400 (H x W) I will now check if it has to do with sizes larger then 600 x 400. The last incorrect size was for a TV poster 1020 x 680 that replaced a 600 x 400 poster.

So far in my set up it only appears on the Fire Fox web display.

barrettuk

I just added three movies and they are all the small size, since reporting my issue a week or so ago I have not had time to do anything about the problem. What is funny is the original ones that I added which were smaller than normal, have gone back to the "normal" size without me doing anything. I think there was one server update to .17 and an update for CA that was installed today BEFORE I added the three new movies.

I checked on WMC and Roku and all covers are the same size, its just the web client that has this issue for me...

BTW, what's with the horrible colored boxes with title on the Roku client, any way we can turn that off (I think that's how the web client was at first and I was able to get rid of it)?

post-1339-0-42506500-1496093799_thumb.jpg

post-1339-0-70354500-1496093803_thumb.jpg

barrettuk

Okay, just to add - this DOES seem to be the same problem we had a number of months back. When I take the primary "poster" image open it in paint and save it to my desktop, then replace the primary image with the "edited" version, refresh the browser and the size is fixed and back to normal.

I had to do that so all the films I added when we have this before, then you guys found and fixed the problem... I'd have to search for the old posts, but this may be that same issue again? It was something like the dimensions wasn't showing or something like in the web clients - and that is the same now. The primary image has no dimensions, but when I save the file, edit in paint, save and upload then the dimension are showing... does this help track the problem down?

Edited by barrettuk

barrettuk

post-1339-0-99549600-1496111785_thumb.pngpost-1339-0-92318100-1496111796_thumb.pngIs there a difference between those two screenshots?

Yes, take a look right under the cover picture and you see before I edit the image, it doesn't have the size - but after (and normally) it shows the size such as 1400x2100 in this case. This was a problem a while back but I can't find the old thread.

Edited by barrettuk

One2Go

Just did my own testing and came to the conclusion that in my case using the sidebar treatment distorts the poster image itself more then other treatments, on top of it also creating the incorrect size of any new posters, Because of this issue I decided to change to the case treatment. No matter what I did to correct it, I always had to switch to ignore treatment and then back to sidebar treatment to correct the really bad size difference. However with the latest Cover Art version newly added images are now no longer the same height even after that procedure. Below are 4 screen shots demonstrating this and again this is in the Fire Fox browser.

Totally wrong image size of the newly added Lion poster but note the proper round "O" in Lion itself.

jERUSGFr.jpg

After correction an elongated "O" in Lion and notice LA LA Land and Lion are now no longer the same height as other posters.

xXdnwWVZ.jpg

With No treatment proper poster size.

noMb3Tw8.jpg

Finally using Case treatment all posters are proper size

AOGy4Sin.jpg

Just did my own testing and came to the conclusion that in my case using the sidebar treatment distorts the poster image itself more then other treatments, on top of it also creating the incorrect size of any new posters, Because of this issue I decided to change to the case treatment. No matter what I did to correct it, I always had to switch to ignore treatment and then back to sidebar treatment to correct the really bad size difference. However with the latest Cover Art version newly added images are now no longer the same height even after that procedure. Below are 4 screen shots demonstrating this and again this is in the Fire Fox browser.

Totally wrong image size of the newly added Lion poster but note the proper round "O" in Lion itself.

jERUSGFr.jpg

After correction an elongated "O" in Lion and notice LA LA Land and Lion are now no longer the same height as other posters.

xXdnwWVZ.jpg

With No treatment proper poster size.

noMb3Tw8.jpg

Finally using Case treatment all posters are proper size

AOGy4Sin.jpg

I believe that is simply because the treatments with the information on the side change the aspect ratio more than the ones with it on the top and the web app is making decisions on how to display these based on how close their aspect ratio is to a known constant.

We've seen that CA is actually creating images of consistent size/shape and that these images all show consistently in other apps so it seems it has to be this decision logic in the web app together with the lack of size information that shows for a given image that is causing the anomaly.

One2Go

That is a true statement that the aspect ratio is distorted with the information on the side. That is why I decided to use the Case treatment with the information on the top from now on.

As regards the image size information I also observed that but when after replacing the image with a 600x400 one then deleting using the web page the primary one and adding a new primary one the image size was still not displayed and I have no idea why.

Please answer me this question, does it matter to used larger size images then 600x400 like 1500x1000 in the EMBY for WMC environment with only a projector capable of 1920x1080 resolution?

Thanks

O2G

pgriffith

Added a new movie since my last turn it off and on again procedure.

The image is small in, server web interface, ET 2.7.8, beta android and the Windows store version. Strangely it is the correct size in Emby WMC and Ember for Emby, which I forgot I even had installed.

barrettuk

I am sure this is the same issue we had with the web client a while back - the fact that the image size is missing isn't something to do with it? I wish I could find the old thread...but its not under "my content" any longer

barrettuk

The ones that show correctly have the image size and the ones that show small do not have the image size as highlighted in these two examples?

La La Land is small and RE final chapter is big (normal)

post-1339-0-90300900-1496355077_thumb.png

post-1339-0-25892300-1496355087_thumb.png

post-1339-0-11164300-1496355268_thumb.png

Edited by barrettuk

pgriffith

It seems server 3.2.19.0 has fixed the issue, just added a couple of new movies and size is fine in all the apps.