incorrect poster image/size

JohnnyM

JohnnyM

I just added a new movie after my system updated the server to Version  3.2.16.0. You can notice that the aspect ratio of the new movie "The Chamber" is not the same as the other movies present in the Web Client

post-674-0-21202700-1494690705_thumb.jpg

It presents the same in Theater Version 2.6.9

All of the folders show have the same dimension (1000 x 1500).

I went into the Metadata manager / Edit images and noticed that the folder image does not have a dimension under it like the other images.

post-674-0-66948100-1494690965_thumb.jpg

I examined another movie and its folder images did have the dimensions.

I recreated the folder images for the Chamber and when I readded it, it still did not show the dimensions.

Attached is the server log

server log.txt

JohnnyM

Sounds like this could be related to the image processing change.

Do you have the option in CoverArt to obey the original art aspect selected?  If so, try deselecting it.

JohnnyM

Further Info

I have Obey the original art aspect  NOT selected.

I just added two more movies. One stayed in the correct aspect but the other changed

I'm attaching the log for when it was scanning the library and the two folder image I have in my folder

Kong - Skull Island aspect was good and Collide aspect was bad

library scan.txt

post-674-0-95480000-1494697308_thumb.jpg

post-674-0-69003700-1494697339_thumb.jpg

There was actually a fix made in the server core related to poster aspect calculation and it turns out it was incorrect before. That's why new posters look slightly different. If you want them all regenerated you can delete the server's cache/images folder, as well as individual emby app caches. In the case of the web app that would mean clearing browsing data. Thanks.

The logo is a different matter that I'm aware of.

• Like 1

barrettuk

So if this change is "by design", I guess I don't understand why there isn't something coded in that would clean the cache etc. rather than us trying to figure it out...my library looks horrible now :-( 

Or better still give us a button to select if we want the new aspect ratio :-) I liked it the was it has been for the last 6+ years lol

Edited by barrettuk

Because it won't affect everyone, and anytime we force a cache clearing it just leads to reports of slow performance due to images having to be regenerated again. So that is something we try to avoid.

dropshadow

Recenly I created a new Windows server so I have a new install of Emby Server. Now when I add new movies to my folders, the server will grab what looks like a screengrab and use that as poster.jpg instead of grabbing the regular poster (1000x1500) from tmdb. Is this a setting or configuration somewhere?

Edited by dropshadow

denz

Go to manage server then click on library and you may not have ticked download artwork from internet.

dropshadow

Go to manage server then click on library and you may not have ticked download artwork from internet.

Nope...I checked that, under Library Settings, I have all boxes ticked, but thanks.

@@dropshadow can we please look at a specific example? what if you try refreshing that title from the detail screen of the web app? you can do this with the 3-dot menu -> click refresh. check the box to replace existing images. Does that pull in an image?

JohnnyM

@@ebr @@Luke

This morning I set CoverArt to obey the original art aspect ratio. Yes it took awhile to regen the images (Not really that long) and all the folders are now the same size.

It might have worked because I'm a little anal and all of my folder images are 1000 x 1500

It also might be something completely different but it's fine now.

Thanks to both of you

Johnny M

Johnny M

Crestj

There was actually a fix made in the server core related to poster aspect calculation and it turns out it was incorrect before. That's why new posters look slightly different. If you want them all regenerated you can delete the server's cache/images folder, as well as individual emby app caches. In the case of the web app that would mean clearing browsing data. Thanks.

The logo is a different matter that I'm aware of.

Just to be clear, it's this folder's contents that we should delete all files and folders from?

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\cache\images

JohnnyM

That's the one I did.

JohnnyM

PS Restart the server after you do that.

Edited by JohnnyM
  • Like 1

Crestj

Hmmm, I stop Emby server and cleared that folder out as well as clearing the browser cache.

Restarted Emby and let it settle down but I still see some movies with smaller images (small images.jpg)

I have the CoverArt plugin configured to make all these images the same size. I've also tried ticking it and letting it refresh the images then unticking it again.

******************************************************************************************************

EDIT: I have just changed the CoverArt treatment from Clearcase to Case and they still show the incorrect sizes.

I seem to be stuck at the issue above where the size doesn't show in the "edit images" page.

post-181-0-37145100-1494928403_thumb.jpg

post-181-0-93771900-1494928509_thumb.jpg

Edited by Crestj

mediacowboy

I am seeing this as well. I have even looked at the image sizes and surprisingly they are 1500 x 2000 on two different movies that show up as two different sizes.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

dropshadow

I figured it out. It seems like for newer movies, the open movie database doesn't have posters. I re-ordered my sources and put the moviedb first, and now everything is working fine.

Well that shouldn't actually matter because if the first one doesn't have an image it will move onto the second one. Thanks for the info though.

Crestj

Thanks @@ebr, the uninstall/install of CoverArt seems to have fixed this issue.

I assumed the cache would remain even during a reinstall but it seems to have resolved this issue for me.

Crestj

Scratch that  :(

Whilst the first 2 pages of films (about 200) seem to have readjusted their Primary image to be the same size, lots of other films still show their Primary image as much smaller.

All show no image size in the "edit images" screen.

If I delete the primary image using this screen and add the same back in the size is still too small. If I pick a new picture it resizes successfully about a quarter of the time.

I've uninstalled the plugin, cleared the emby image cache, reinstalled the plugin but still no luck.

In post #12, the small poster in your screenshot is actually the correct one. cover art adjusts the aspect ratio. you can stop this by enabling the cover art setting to preserve original art aspect ratio.

Crestj

My understanding is that by default Coverart will adjust your image to fit into the clearcase overlay which remains the same size.

I have now ticked this box and after the artwork regenerates I see this still:

591c5287f0196_Untitled.png

Interestingly, if I uninstall CoverArt all the Primary images show the same size so I guess Coverart is doing something it's not supposed to do.

Edited by Crestj

My understanding is that by default Coverart will adjust your image to fit into the clearcase overlay which remains the same size.

I have now ticked this box and after the artwork regenerates I see this still:

591c5287f0196_Untitled.png

Interestingly, if I uninstall CoverArt all the Primary images show the same size so I guess Coverart is doing something it's not supposed to do.

No, in this situation, I think it is doing what you told it to.

If you checked the box to "Use Original Art Aspect Ratio" then CA will re-shape its treatments to fit the shape of your actual posters.  This is so that people who like the fact that BD covers are short and squatty can keep them that way.

If you uncheck that box, then CA will force your art into the shape of the particular treatment.

So, checking that box should get you what you saw above assuming those posters are actually different shapes.  Can you see the actual posters and what shape they are?