incorrect poster image/size

JohnnyM

Also, is it possible for you to look at these in the Android TV app?  I know it will respect the shape of the images it is delivered and the web (and mobile) apps will sometimes distort them based on how close they are to a particular shape.

Either that or look into your actual enhanced images cache and find some of these to look at the actual files.  I just want to be sure we're looking at the actual images and not distortions created by the app.  Thanks.

Crestj

I never realised that the might be resizing them to the sizes of BD or dvds.

If I uncheck the box should it make all images, regardless of case (BD or dvds) the same size?

All the basic images are the same size.

Crestj

I don't have Android TV unfortunately.

I have found 2 movies to use as an example.

The images in the Web Gui show as different sizes, Turbo and Spiderman 3.

Turbo shows smaller as in earlier examples in the web gui.

With no coverart installed they show the same size.

They are both BD covers.

The enhanced-images files from the cache for both these films shows a size of 525 by 706.

Edited by Crestj

The enhanced-images files from the cache for both these films shows a size of 525 by 706.

So that would leave me to believe that it is the app that is distorting them but can you actually open the images and look at them?  Or post them here?

Crestj

So that would leave me to believe that it is the app that is distorting them but can you actually open the images and look at them?  Or post them here?

Do you mean the enhanced-images from these 2 films in the Emby server cache? Here you go.

post-181-0-63073900-1495034495_thumb.png

post-181-0-73274200-1495034502_thumb.png

Okay, so there you go.  CoverArt created exactly the same image sizes/shapes for both but the app is showing them differently for some reason.

• Like 1

Crestj

Okay, so there you go.  CoverArt created exactly the same image sizes/shapes for both but the app is showing them differently for some reason.

So a Server issue or Web Gui issue?

BTW same in IE as Chrome.

*just noticed that IE is lightyears faster browsing the library with the webgui than Chrome! Not related but quite a margin of difference!

pgriffith

All my movies added in the last week or so are also coming in small. No matter what image I choose and what resolution, they are all small. All images are sourced from TMDB.

The "Use original art aspect ratio" in thCoverArt plugin is unticked, but I've tried it ticked as well with no change.

See screenshot591eb1000b2c2_SmallCovers.jpg

I tested this today with a fresh install of cover art at default settings and all images were uniform. as a test, can you shutdown the server, then delete the cache/images folder under the emby installation, as well as the data/imagesizes.json file?

This will delete the server's image cache. Please note, Emby apps will have their own caches as well but see if they gradually start appearing as expected again. Also after deleting these, you may temporarily see degraded browsing performance while caches rebuild.

If this doesn't help then I think there might be some combination of cover art settings causing this.

Thanks.

pgriffith

Hi Luke

I'll try what you suggested. I turned off the treatments for movies in CoverArt and all images are now the correct uniform size, so it's definitely a Cover Art issue.

Edit:   Strangely, on turning the treatment back on for movies, they are now normal size, so a simple 'did you turn it off and on again' fixed it.

591fc5da38197_covers.jpg

Edited by pgriffith
  • Like 1

Crestj

Hmmm tried all kinds of combinations of those instructions but still no joy.

I even uninstalled CoverArt, shutdown Emby server, deleted the folder and json file, restarted Emby, checked default (no CoverArt) image sizes (all OK), installed CoverArt, restart Emby, checked images, DIFFERENT sizes!

I've tried turning CoverArt changes to Movies and this works but when I turn it back on I get the odd sizes.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************

EDIT: OK I think I may have the solution after a bazillion combinations didn't work.

1. Set CoverArt to ignore Movie images

2. Shutdown Emby Server

3. Delete Images and imagesize.json files

4. Start Emby Server

5. View Movie library to confirm unaltered images are correctly sized.

6. Set CoverArt to amend Movie images again.

After this I found ALL movie images were sized consistently.

Edited by Crestj

Crestj

OMG I've just scrolled through 6 pages of movies and on the last page I can see some movies with a smaller image. :(

Quite demoralising!

One2Go

this is definitely a problem with using the combination of WebApp and Cover Art. Looking at my WebApp it also shows recently added movie posters in a smaller size. But in Throgsoft's themes in Emby for WMC the posters are fine and the same size.

I went into cover art selected ignore as the treatment for movie posters and all are the same size but are just plain with no treatment. Went again into the cover art settings and selected Sidecase as movie poster treatment and everything is again the proper size. Don't know if I have to repeat this every time I add new movies, but then I don't use the WebApp.

Happy2Play

It is only specific treatments also.

Crestj

Sadly Clearcase (the default) and Case treatments are 2 that are affected.

Sadly Clearcase (the default) 

Just FYI ClearCase has not been the default treatment for quite a while.  MetroCase is.

We think this is a caching issue that is complicated by the way the web app displays images.  I think if you can completely clear out your cache, things will iron out - or the will over time.

Crestj

I guess uninstalling and reinstalling CoverArt must not clear out some of the old settings as it's always back to Clearcase upon reinstall. I thought it was the default.

In any case, you think this will just be resolved in time as the cache is refreshed?

In any case, you think this will just be resolved in time as the cache is refreshed?

If our suspicions are correct, then yes.  They are just suspicions at this point because neither Luke nor I can reproduce this.

Plug-in settings are never deleted so that you don't lose everything by simply uninstalling or updating a plug-in.

mediacowboy

What need to be deleted to make the server act as if cover art has never been installed?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

What need to be deleted to make the server act as if cover art has never been installed?

CoverArt folder under Plugins

CoverArt.xml under plugins/configurations

Enhanced-images under imagecache

However, there are varying levels of caching that happen in both the network and the apps so doing all of that and then immediately re-installing could still potentially pull something from cache.

pgriffith

I'm still getting small images on anything added to my library, this is on version 4.0.29.0

I use the SideCase treatment on my movies.

To get the images the correct size, all  I have to do is set treatment style to Ignore, go into library and see I now have unprocessed raw covers, go back in to the plugin and turn SideCase back on and voila, images now go back to the proper large size. But anything added after this reverts to the small size again till I repeat the above process.

DoubleDD

I'm experiencing the exact same behaviour as pgriffith.

Currently running the following versions:

Server       3.2.17.0

CoverArt   4.0.29.0