Australian EPG Data

ebr

Daniel Hall

I just want to ask does anyone experience blank current playing shows for some reason when I put the URL always at night time I go to the guide and everything that is currently on is blank. I posted the issue on IceTV but didn’t get a reply to my second post so currently i use wget to download and then upload into emby since the download is always done earlier I don’t have the issue of blank current shows

Woops, didn't see the second part of the reply, my bad. Have responded over on our forums. (for reference this is at http://forum.icetv.com.au/iceforum/xmltv-general/10/no-guide-data-for-current-showings-only-the-ones-coming-up/5880/msg31313#msg31313)

Edited by Daniel Hall
  • Like 1

vaise

Come late to the party on this.  I have not looked at liveTV forum for a while.

Our guides FTA guides in Aus are rubbish.   

I have used iceTV for many years, from my old beyonwiz PVR days, then Windows Media Centre/media browser. 

When I moved off that to nextPVR/Emby, I had to end the smart recording features of IceTV.  I messed around with a few free xmltv services here in Aus with various levels of failures so in the end, I bit the bullet and signed up for the emby TV guide service so I now just pay for the guide data. 

I have nextPVR as a backend for emby (scripts pull down the xml guide data for nextPVR daily).  The guide has never missed a beat.  About once a week I trawl through the guide on nextPVR, setting a few one-off's, and making sure my series shows are all there.  It has never missed a beat, never missed a show.

The roku's also show this guide data delivered via Emby, even though the Emby server is not used for liveTV/Recorded TV (in my case) and that all works fine also.

For Emby guide data, With iceTV, you login to their service, and it gives you a url ready to go you just plug into emby guide.  Same as Plex I believe.  I have never touched it since.

What I would love is for the IceTV Smart record service to be supported with NextPVR (and I guess some would like it with Emby server)...... Then a full subscription would be taken again.

colinoice

Hi vaise,

IceTV would be very excited if Emby would use our "IceTV Interactive Smart Recording Service" just as IceTV Interactive runs on Windows MCE.  I still use MCE as I don't want to lose the Tivoesque recording features, especially via the smartphone apps which makes managing recordings from anywhere so easy. Maybe our Australian market is to small to make it worthwhile although we'd look at ingesting EPG data from overseas too if we could offer the Interactive Service elsewhere.  Locally we curate the Australian EPG data ourselves, nationwide, to endeavour to optimise the accuracy.

vaise

Hi vaise,

IceTV would be very excited if Emby would use our "IceTV Interactive Smart Recording Service" just as IceTV Interactive runs on Windows MCE.  I still use MCE as I don't want to lose the Tivoesque recording features, especially via the smartphone apps which makes managing recordings from anywhere so easy. Maybe our Australian market is to small to make it worthwhile although we'd look at ingesting EPG data from overseas too if we could offer the Interactive Service elsewhere.  Locally we curate the Australian EPG data ourselves, nationwide, to endeavour to optimise the accuracy.

Hi colinoice,  for me personally, it is nextPVR that I want the iceTV smart recording to work with, as that is doing all my guide/recording.  I recently found out that is was developed by a New Zealander.... Maybe he is watching this, I knwo he posts in the nextPVR section froom time to time.

• 2 weeks later...
Daniel Hall

Hi Emby Community,

Just wanted to give a quick update on IceTV's guide feed.

We have added imdb and moviedb.org ID's for movies, along with posters for these as well.

We have also posted a setup guide on our website which can be found at https://support.icetv.com.au/hc/en-us/articles/360000174136-Setting-up-IceTV-XMLTV-in-Emby

• Like 2

Hi Emby Community,

We have added imdb and moviedb.org ID's for movies, along with posters for these as well.

We have also posted a setup guide on our website which can be found at https://support.icetv.com.au/hc/en-us/articles/360000174136-Setting-up-IceTV-XMLTV-in-Emby

Hi, that's great, thanks ! Can you provide an example of what those values look like in the xml data?

Daniel Hall

Hi Luke,

An example of a movie entry is:

<programme airingID="138528585" mediaID="41925-0" start="20180502110000 +0000" stop="20180502133000 +0000" channel="2665">
  <title lang="en">Riddick</title>
  <desc lang="en">Initially Riddik believes he has been left to die on a planet devoid of life. But then he discovers he is not alone; he is surrounded by deadly alien enemies. An attempt to send for help also seems to have backfired because the humans who have joined him on the planet not there to save him.</desc>
  <credits>
   <director>David Twohy</director>
   <actor>Vin Diesel</actor>
   <actor>Matt Nable</actor>
   <actor>Katee Sackhoff</actor>
   <actor>Jordi Molla</actor>
   <actor>David Bautista</actor>
   <actor>Bokeem Woodbine.</actor>
  </credits>
  <date>2012</date>
  <category lang="en">Action</category>
  <category lang="en">Movie</category>
  <language lang="en">English</language>
  <icon src="http://images.icetv.com.au/1504-cc26-13ad-2656.jpg" width="780" height="1170" />
  <country lang="en">United States</country>
  <episode-num system="imdb.com">series/tt1411250</episode-num>
  <episode-num system="themoviedb.org">87421</episode-num>
  <video>
   <present>yes</present>
   <colour>yes</colour>
   <aspect>16:9</aspect>
   <quality>SDTV</quality>
  </video>
  <previously-shown start="2015-10-12" />
  <subtitles type="teletext" />
  <rating system="ACMA">
   <value>AV</value>
  </rating>
 </programme>

swhitmore

Hi Emby Community,

Thanks Daniel. I'm using IceTV atm. I'll currently pulling the feed from NextPVR, but I'll try it through Emby 

TiphaneeIceTV

Hi there -

I would like to introduce myself as I manage the Guide team for IceTV. An advantage of using IceTV is that my team conduct late afternoon checks around 5pm to capture last minute Prime Time changes. If you have any guide related issues, please don't hesitate to ask or send through an email: guide@icetv.com.au.

Cheers,

Tiphanee

• Like 1

vaise

Hi there -

I would like to introduce myself as I manage the Guide team for IceTV. An advantage of using IceTV is that my team conduct late afternoon checks around 5pm to capture last minute Prime Time changes. If you have any guide related issues, please don't hesitate to ask or send through an email: guide@icetv.com.au.

Cheers,

Tiphanee

Hi,  My schedule is to only get the xml guide from you guys for nextPVR every day early in the morning.  Based on this your comment, should I schedule a guide collection/update at say 5:30PM instead ?

TiphaneeIceTV

Hi,  My schedule is to only get the xml guide from you guys for nextPVR every day early in the morning.  Based on this your comment, should I schedule a guide collection/update at say 5:30PM instead ?

Hi vaise,

I would suggest scheduling your update for about 6pm. Afternoon checks can sometimes take up to an hour depending on time/schedule changes and every capital is reviewed.

Cheers,

Tiphanee

denz

Any chance this poster can be changed as it is wrong I sent this info to the email above but got mail delivery error and I posted it to icetv forums long time ago but it is still there. 

5af1294f94ae5_Capture1.png

TiphaneeIceTV

Any chance this poster can be changed as it is wrong I sent this info to the email above but got mail delivery error and I posted it to icetv forums long time ago but it is still there. 

Hi Denz -

Many thanks for your note. Image is being corrected at the moment. As well, email is now working, there was a slight issue with it not accepting emails from the internet. 

Cheers,

Tiphanee

kingy444

@@TiphaneeIceTV

What are is the recommended timings for importing the XML? I note above you mentioned something about 5:30pm

Are there other key times you recommend grabbing updates from the team?

TiphaneeIceTV

@@kingy444

The Guide Team undertake two checks per day. One in the morning and the other at 5pm. The morning checks start with Sydney and usually updates are finished by 8.30am. Following Sydney, other Capitals, ACT and Regional checks are all carried out. Depending on your location, it would probably be safe to schedule an update around 9am for Sydney, and 10.30am for ACT and other capitals. If you're in Darwin or a Regional area, I would probably wait until about 11am. 

• 3 weeks later...
PrincessClevage

I have attempted to follow the icetv setup guide for Emby but when I get to the map channels section I am not presented with any XML or channels to map (see screenshot)

e75bde94fcbed18af1ef7ee5dd3e9f4b.jpg

• 7 months later...
Daniel Hall

I have my HD Homerun running with ICE TV. 

Does ICE TV take over the channel logos or is that looked after by HDHR?

Hi lebowski,

It is actually up to Emby, but I believe when you setup an XMLTV source within Emby that is what is used (so they would be coming from IceTV).