Need Help Creating a Plugin

thejacer87

chef

I am pretty sure the problem lies in the plugin class. You want to change the "Name" property of the "PluginPageInfo" from "LazyMan" to "configPage".

If that doesn't work, I just am about to check over your HTML to make sure it will load.

The question I have is. Does the config page try to load, but is blank? Or when you try to open the plugin... Nothing happens?

Looking at you HTML, I think that the main div which has the class "page type-interior" should have the change "LazymanConfigurationPage" to "configPage".

That might not matter though... not 100% sure yet.

Edited by chef

thejacer87

The question I have is. Does the config page try to load, but is blank? Or when you try to open the plugin... Nothing happens?

it does nothing, except change the url to `/web/configurationpage?name=lazyman` or name=configPage depending if I applied the changes you suggested.

either way i changed the name property and didn't work. and changed the class still nothing. 

and like i said... i've literally just copied the iptv html and swapped IPTV with LazyMan

chef

it does nothing, except change the url to `/web/configurationpage?name=lazyman` or name=configPage depending if I applied the changes you suggested.

either way i changed the name property and didn't work. and changed the class still nothing.

and like i said... i've literally just copied the iptv html and swapped IPTV with LazyMan

@@thejacer87

Right! I know the problem!!!

You gotta have the HTML document set as an "Embedded Resource"

I don't know what that means for Linux IDE you are using, but in Visual Studio that is what you have to do!

Edited by chef

thejacer87

You gotta have the HTML document set as an "Embedded Resource"

looks like it's just a right click > build action > embedded resource

though i still get nothing :(

also not sure i understand why one would need to change the file build action like that? like what does that even mean?!?!?

Edited by thejacer87

chef

looks like it's just a right click > build action > embedded resource

though i still get nothing :(

also not sure i understand why one would need to change the file build action like that? like what does that even mean?!?!?

The HTML JavaScript is talking to the C# backend through XML.

That is why the configuration file is so important.

The plugin code gets updated through the XML and vice versa. It is actually kind of cool.

The server is hosting the HTML file as one of its webpages, so I order to add it to the servers binaries it has to be embedded.

Strange that it isn't working though. I'm sure that is the problem.

Did you update the version number when the new release was built (have added the HTML doc as an embedded resource)?

thejacer87

Did you update the version number when the new release was built (have added the HTML doc as an embedded resource)?

can't i just leave it at 1.0.* ??

[assembly: AssemblyVersion("1.0.*")]

or do i have to change it everytime i rebuild...? seems annoying

Edited by thejacer87

chef

No just leave it. It is updating.

I'm going to pull the version of your plugin from git and test it again.

Sorry got caught up with the kids. I'll test it out shortly :)

thejacer87

i can confirm that, at least it seems to me, that the html is indeed embedded in the dll. if i look at the dll i can see the html in there

thejacer87

Yes that is correct.

what's correct? did you look at the plugin too? did the config page show up for you?

thejacer87

ya k, i was just confirming that it was in there so @@chef didn't have to check. I still have no idea why the config page won't load up since I'm copying the iptv plugin

Try specifying the full resource path here (MediaBrowser.Channels.Lazyman...).  Then also be sure the name you defined there matches the name defined in the page (and I'd use a more unique/complicated one).

thejacer87

Try specifying the full resource path here (MediaBrowser.Channels.Lazyman...).  Then also be sure the name you defined there matches the name defined in the page (and I'd use a more unique/complicated one).

when you say "the name defined in the page", what are you talking about? an id or class in the html? 

• 2 weeks later...

Nice work so far buddy is it like ridiculously hard to create plugins for Emby? As theres not a lot of them and not that much on going discussions about them either

There's a good number of them in the catalog. The primary challenge is the need to support users, answer questions, etc. Not everyone wants to commit to that.

• 2 weeks later...
thejacer87

Nice work so far buddy is it like ridiculously hard to create plugins for Emby? As theres not a lot of them and not that much on going discussions about them either

not really much work so far lol. i can't even get a settings page to load properly. im definitely having issues building this plugin, and there is a serious lack of documentation... like 0. I'm trying to copy other plugins to no avail

thejacer87

OMFG, im an idiot lmfao. I somehow didn't see menu on the side. The pages section was always expanded, and it didn't seem to have want i needed lol. i just blocked it out in my mind. Carry on, nothing to see here. I'm going to start working on this again now that i have some docs lmao

• 5 months later...
thejacer87

I was wondering if the Plugin was ever finished

nope, i'm having too many issues with my setup. so im putting a pause on it

• 1 year later...
jimmolinaro

I'm another Plex convert to emby and miss my Plex  plugins. So I thought I'd drop by to see if it was possible to create my own emby plugins. well I see it is, but I also see it is quite  challenging and it sounds like I might need some college courses to complete it!  Thanks for the insight but I think I'll look for other alternatives.