"Now playing screen" and "add to play queue" do not work

Gui76

Hi,

I'm evaluating emby since yesterday, to see if it could replace synology audio station for my use case.

It almost does a perfect music server, at least for me.

The bummer is that some critical functions, that work fine while playing locally, do not seem to work when sending music to a remote DLNA device.

When playing music on the local device it's all fine: I see the current playing queue, and can add/remove/reorder items.

If I click on the little cast icon and choose a DLNA device, though, like my kodi box for example, then I cannot see the playing queue on the remote device. Nothing at all. The "now playing screen" only contains the current song, there is no list under it.

Choosing a song, or an album, clicking the little dots and choosing "add to play queue" has no effect neither. Payback stops at the end of the current song. The one I selected has not been added to the queue on the remote device.

My use case is fairly standard, I believe. I have some devices around the house that can play music. I use my phone as a remote control, to send music to one device or another. Not being able to manage the play queue on those remote devices is, for that use case, a show stopper.

Is there any chance that this can fixed, eventually?

Many thanks for the great work

Hi, welcome, yes controlling the play queue for remote devices is in our plans. Thanks for the feedback.

wow, that was fast :-)

great to know it's in your plans!

obviously I'm not expecting a precise ETA, but what a super rough estimate could be, if you can have any idea at all this point?

which kind of range: one week, one month, one quarter, one year?

Thanks