2 replies to this topic

#1 Gui76 OFFLINE  

Gui76

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • Local time: 08:31 PM

Posted 30 March 2017 - 05:37 PM

Hi,

I'm evaluating emby since yesterday, to see if it could replace synology audio station for my use case.

It almost does a perfect music server, at least for me.

The bummer is that some critical functions, that work fine while playing locally, do not seem to work when sending music to a remote DLNA device.

When playing music on the local device it's all fine: I see the current playing queue, and can add/remove/reorder items.

If I click on the little cast icon and choose a DLNA device, though, like my kodi box for example, then I cannot see the playing queue on the remote device. Nothing at all. The "now playing screen" only contains the current song, there is no list under it.

Choosing a song, or an album, clicking the little dots and choosing "add to play queue" has no effect neither. Payback stops at the end of the current song. The one I selected has not been added to the queue on the remote device.

My use case is fairly standard, I believe. I have some devices around the house that can play music. I use my phone as a remote control, to send music to one device or another. Not being able to manage the play queue on those remote devices is, for that use case, a show stopper.

Is there any chance that this can fixed, eventually?

Many thanks for the great work

#2 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 156881 posts
  • Local time: 03:31 PM

Posted 30 March 2017 - 05:38 PM

Hi, welcome, yes controlling the play queue for remote devices is in our plans. Thanks for the feedback.

#3 Gui76 OFFLINE  

Gui76

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • Local time: 08:31 PM

Posted 30 March 2017 - 05:49 PM

wow, that was fast :-)

great to know it's in your plans!

obviously I'm not expecting a precise ETA, but what a super rough estimate could be, if you can have any idea at all this point?

which kind of range: one week, one month, one quarter, one year?

Thanks

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dlna, play queue

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users