To get legacy HDHomeRun Units (HDHR-US, HDHR3-US etc.) to work within Emby do the following:
1 - Minimum firmware required is: 20161117 latest is always best. Find it here: https://www.silicond...port/downloads/
2 - Install the HDHomeRun software on your system.
- I chose "Default" BDA compatibility mode
- Perform a channel scan from within the HDHomeRun software, before beginning the scan use the pull down menu to select the legacy tuner.
- When the scan is complete click "Apply" this will generate a new "Digital Cable.xml" or "Digital Antenna.xml" and send the data to Silicondust for use by the tuners.
3 - Open the Emby (v3.2.7 and later) dashboard - There is currently no automatic discovery so you will have to set it up by entering the IP address on the tuner setup page (Manage Server->Live TV->+Add).
- Check "Enable this tuner" - on the Add Tuner page
- Click "Save" - Once you click save Emby should kick off a "Refresh Guide" task. Let it complete.
- Map the new - un-mapped channels under Live TV->Guide Providers - this will kick off another "Refresh Guide" task, let it complete.
4 - Followed all the instructions but get a black screen or maybe spinning circle when tuning? Try allowing UDP:// through the firewall for the tuner connection(s).
That is it.
There is currently no ability that I know of to disable any channel on these units. If I am wrong in that assumption please let everyone know how you did it.
For me I only had to map a few channels 15+/-. The rest of the channels (this is a guess on my part) were previously mapped.
You MUST install the HDHomeRun software and do a fresh scan for it all to work.
Post from Silcondust that might be helpful:
I compiled this info from several posts/users here on the forum. My thanks to all of them.
Edited by kanipek, 28 January 2019 - 10:47 AM.