Looking for a web designer

bigjohn

Cheesegeezer

Here's a quick mock-up using the Opulus Sombre theme.  Imagine that top image as a fancy slider, some better images below.  None of what is shown here would be dynamic content ebr, but there could be a set of feeds (blog, twitter) below the three "featured" pages.

mbtest_zps547dd056.jpg

Very Moist!!!

That looks classy!! Agree with Eric that we should use the white/green mediabrowser logo.

That just oozes eyecandy and for me...... I want my media collection to look like that :D

Cheesegeezer

About can we give John Dev forum access and resume the conversation there?

C'mon Luke he's not just John!!! He's "BigJohn" lol ;)

Cheesegeezer

Sorry I need to say are you sure you want a web redesign?

Yes you can make it prettier and more sparkley but I don't think it needs that much.

But you do need marketing help - the home page doesn't sell the product (It looks like one of the numerous sites that will sell me videos and music)

In 2 days I have got all the videos I recorded on windows media centre, my mp3 library, my girlfriends itunes music library, my photos (well most of them), her photos.

Accessable from one place and it's cost me about £10.

Sorry I don't get excited about much anymore (I'm too old) but it's F###ING amazing.

But your content doesn't say it..

To prove my point -There is a post about 4 or 5 down by someone who knows what they are doing (using terms I have never heard of)

Who is asking what it does!

Sorry started to rant (another sign of my age, and its 6am here)

Martyn

Thanks for the kind words and glad you love it, however define 2 days setup? 48 straight hours and lots of coffee or a couple of hours each night spanned across 2 physical days.

I'm kinda thinking some random testemonials can pop up!! How about allowing peeps to rate MB and use those at random to display on main page.

The advantage we have over plex, xbmc and mediaportal is the simplicity of the setup and how clever the roots are!! To remove that headache away from the most basic user.

Sorry I need to say are you sure you want a web redesign?

Yes you can make it prettier and more sparkley but I don't think it needs that much.

But you do need marketing help - the home page doesn't sell the product (It looks like one of the numerous sites that will sell me videos and music)

In 2 days I have got all the videos I recorded on windows media centre, my mp3 library, my girlfriends itunes music library, my photos (well most of them), her photos.

Accessable from one place and it's cost me about £10.

Sorry I don't get excited about much anymore (I'm too old) but it's F###ING amazing.

But your content doesn't say it..

To prove my point -There is a post about 4 or 5 down by someone who knows what they are doing (using terms I have never heard of)

Who is asking what it does!

Sorry started to rant (another sign of my age, and its 6am here)

Martyn

I agree.  I think we should sell more on the front page.  In the last round of design, we pretty much eliminated all of that.

I agree.  I think we should sell more on the front page.  In the last round of design, we pretty much eliminated all of that.

One of the "featured articles" could be "Easy Setup" or maybe something in the slider so it is really right up in front of you.

One of the "featured articles" could be "Easy Setup" or maybe something in the slider so it is really right up in front of you.

While that may be a good idea (as a link to the forum) I was responding to the lack of marketing in the current design.

While that may be a good idea (as a link to the forum) I was responding to the lack of marketing in the current design.

Understood.  I know you don't want a bunch of how-to's on the website (keeping them in the forum instead), but I think it is a good idea to have a Getting Started page that includes the basic setup.  You can make a much nicer-looking baby steps tutorial in a format like that than you can on the forum, and it is part of the "selling" process.

John I've given you dev forum access. I'm going to create a thread in the server general area. let's resume there.

Understood.  I know you don't want a bunch of how-to's on the website (keeping them in the forum instead), but I think it is a good idea to have a Getting Started page that includes the basic setup.  You can make a much nicer-looking baby steps tutorial in a format like that than you can on the forum, and it is part of the "selling" process.

I still think the forum best for that, beside, I am doing some add-on to the forum to cover that this month.

A link in the main web site to the forum how-to / tut's is the best as Ebr said.

Lol - 2 days- probably 10mins to install on my new PC.

1.9 days watching recorded TV copy from an old PC. Im decommissioning

30 minutes trying to figure out while episodes didn't show.

So 1 hour at the most to get everything working.

Martyn

• 2 weeks later...
Starkadius

So I haven't gone to the main site address for a while until just now and I was just wondering has that flip effect with the two tiles always there? I don't remember seeing that or maybe my memory is just terrible but I just wanted to say its really nice!