Looking for a web designer

bigjohn

In all likelihood staying with it, but open to something else if a compelling reason presents itself, and if the right person is willing to invest the time.

With all of the new features that have been added recently and are soon to come, the website is struggling to keep up and could probably benefit from another design iteration.

We're looking for someone who can design, and has a little free time available to invest in our project. While we encourage everyone who wishes to help to step forward, this time around we're hoping to reel in someone with a proven track record of designing great looking, and usable websites. Thanks.

LiquidFX

I ran a website several years ago, sold it off due to a job promotion and little time to maintain it. I could possibly help

I ran a website several years ago, sold it off due to a job promotion and little time to maintain it. I could possibly help

Thanks. We're looking for someone who can design, more so than maintain or even build it.

LiquidFX

I have to admit that I have only went to the website a few times, I mainly use the forum with nothing drawing me to the actual website I have had no real reason to go there. I'm not a huge fan of the metro style the current site has.

I'd like to see us go back to a more graphical design with a large simple slider at the top with enticing graphics that show off our capabilities.

http://kreaturamedia.com/layerslider-jquery-full-width-slider/

If you are going to use a slider, make sure you look into this plugin (JQuery or WordPress, $10).  Best slider implementation I've seen.  Not sold on using parallax viewing, but it is still pretty cool.

http://kreaturamedia.com/layerslider-jquery-full-width-slider/

If you are going to use a slider, make sure you look into this plugin (JQuery or WordPress, $10).  Best slider implementation I've seen.  Not sold on using parallax viewing, but it is still pretty cool.

I do like the way elements of the image slide in and out. Those could be tablets, smart phones, chromecast, etc.

I do like the way elements of the image slide in and out. Those could be tablets, smart phones, chromecast, etc.

Exactly what I was thinking.  Put that slider into a nice dark theme like Opulus Sombre (just an example, there are tons out there similar to it) and your website is 3/4 done.  http://www.nimbusthemes.com/free/opulus-sombre/

One reason I like the dark themes is that they go along with the MB3 interface.

If you do want the image slider then I would keep it rather thin, and not take up a lot of screen. 

I disagree, eye candy is what sells MB in the first place.

• Like 1

LiquidFX

While that is true on some things, you have to ask how are people hearing about MB in the first place. Most people read about it on another forum or find the video on YouTube as I did. If I am a current user then I dont need to see the eye candy on something I already use and it just takes up space for something that I would be interested in reading or may want to read. If I am a noob looking for something new then the first thing I want to see on the main page is the basics and if the software is being supported (how often new releases come out and what kind of community it has). I do agree that MB is graphicly better than some of the others but we are always trying to grow the community base to better the experience by going on other forums since it is now a well known program like a few of the others.

Exactly what I was thinking.  Put that slider into a nice dark theme like Opulus Sombre (just an example, there are tons out there similar to it) and your website is 3/4 done.  http://www.nimbusthemes.com/free/opulus-sombre/

One reason I like the dark themes is that they go along with the MB3 interface.

Yea I like this. Ebr, what do you think? Would you want to possibly work on it?  We have a couple people we could link you up with to design some images.

LiquidFX

The images would need to be showing off the most recent updates to plug-ins and other new features, so it didn't grow stale and show that the website is not a focus. 

LiquidFX

Here is a list of things that I feel the site should have on it.

• How does it work, how do I set it up and possibly a video of how to
  • What the system requirements are, will my current system be able to run this or will I need to spend more money for this
  • Whats the latest updates, system updates as well as plugin updates

These are a few things that I feel would generate more flow through the site and not just the forum. 

I'm not really concerned with driving traffic through the public site once someone had already found us.  I don't want to maintain two areas with how to's and such.  The forum covers all of that.  The public site is to draw people to us the first time and deliver the installation packages.

I can make my way around WP fairly well.  What I need is the good graphics and content and layout design ideas if I am to actually put it together.  We already have a slider plug-in called Revolution Slider.  It has all kinds of abilities including multiple layers with timings and transitions etc.  I haven't looked at the other one yet but I think we can do whatever we need to with the slider we have.  If not, then we can look elsewhere.

Yea I like this. Ebr, what do you think? Would you want to possibly work on it?  We have a couple people we could link you up with to design some images.

Sure, I'm interested in helping any way i can.

Yea I was asking what you thought of that dark theme, and if John would want to work on it. For discussion sake he should probably show us a couple other alternatives, but with the main criteria being big, graphical and easy, there's plenty of choices. We just need someone who can invest a little time.