New vertical series view

Jack Burton

Can we have the images wrap to the screen size on the All Series / Suggestions page please. Using a mouse you can't scroll to the right to see the offscreen images.

What do you mean wrap to the screen size?

Well, in Next Up, I have 6 images and in Latest Episodes there are 17 images, only 4 images fit on the screen and the rest are only part visible or completely invisible off to the right of screen. Like in Notepads Word Wrap, it would be nice if the extra part or unseen images would appear on the next and subsequent lines down so that they can all be seen together. I can get to them using the keyboard and remote but not with the mouse.

Bbqninja

At the same time this new view appeared the login/logout screen became 100% unusable (i am in TV display mode).

It shows the users vertically, but you can only see 2 and they don't scroll, so you have to guess "I think i'm the user 2 down".

In desktop display mode that's what they do.

yes i see that. But, it is also an issue in Mobile/Tablet and TV Mode. I  thought you were looking for consistency across platforms?

EDIT: I just checked again and in DESKTOP mode it is fixed eg all images are visible without scrolling right. However in Mobile/Tablet and TV modes they are still off screen.

Edited by jordy

AdrianW

At the same time this new view appeared the login/logout screen became 100% unusable (i am in TV display mode).

It shows the users vertically, but you can only see 2 and they don't scroll, so you have to guess "I think i'm the user 2 down".

Read this response from Luke in another thread.

Jack Burton

Getting used to the new view and I like it. Poster size could change, I'm pretty ok either way, I just like how much screen space is taken up now. One thing I do miss though is the total number of shows is gone, ie "3 of 245". Other than that, looks great. Looking forward to movies looking the same.

Jack Burton

Noticed a couple things. Music has been changed to vertical, looks good too, though images could probably be bigger. Just a few quibbles: Album artists is pulling one of my audiobooks in. I now have one artist as audiobooks, and one as ernest cline (author), and it's only pulling the one, weird. This does not happen in the web app. Also, views aren't reflected from the web app settings. Albums and latest music are set to poster card, not poster which is how I have it set in the web app. Otherwise things look good, I think it'll look really sharp once the kinks are worked out :D

Guest asrequested

Can we have the images wrap to the screen size on the All Series / Suggestions page please. Using a mouse you can't scroll to the right to see the offscreen images.

Yes! In TV mode, let's have everything scroll vertically. Even if I were using a remote, I would still want uniformity. Scrolling down then sideways, makes no sense. It's very inconvenient.

Well there is a reason why it makes sense. If you wrap them then you have to scroll down in order to discover that there are sections underneath. Many users will just never do that, and then whatever sections are underneath they'll never know and think the app just doesn't have them at all.

I can't understand that train of thought. It's the only page that works like that - scrolls to the right. Every other page is vertical. It just makes it so you can't use a mouse in that page. Stupid!

Sent from my HUAWEI MT7-L09 using Tapatalk

It still means you have to do something different, only on that one page. Where's the consistency in that?

Sent from my HUAWEI MT7-L09 using Tapatalk

It's going to become consistent with the web app so it won't be long before there are more screens like that.

To be honest, I think it's stupid to have different pages behave differently in the same app. That will get people confused and make it more likely to have issues. You should take a poll.

To be honest, I think it's stupid to have different pages behave differently in the same app. That will get people confused and make it more likely to have issues. You should take a poll.

Tell that to pretty much every Roku, Android TV, Apple TV app, etc. @@ebr. It is a very common pattern throughout the industry right now. Pages that have multiple categories can utilize vertical categories that scroll horizontally, while pages that show only a single category can just let them wrap and scroll traditionally in one direction.

I don't see this new vertical mode in Emby Theater 2.5.38. Is there a new version out for download?

In time it will roll out to you. Enjoy.

• Like 1

Tell that to pretty much every Roku, Android TV, Apple TV app, etc. @@ebr. It is a very common pattern throughout the industry right now. Pages that have multiple categories can utilize vertical categories that scroll horizontally, while pages that show only a single category can just let them wrap and scroll traditionally in one direction.

It would be ok if I could get the mouse wheel to scroll left to right... I just don't want to have to click and hold/drag to see what I've got - way toooo many interactions. Just my thoughts, I find that page redundant anyway, it's all on the home screen and set up just the way I want it...

Guest asrequested

You can drag horizontally with a mouse. If you enable desktop mode then you will see a scrollbar.

You can't use desktop mode on a big screen. The writing is too small. So this will force us to either use the keyboard or buy a remote.

• Like 1

AdrianW

Today the posters have shrunk slightly and now there's a huge gap between them - it looks worse than before.

58b5a27f64184_gaps.jpg

Just make them a bit smaller again and change to 8 instead of 7 columns (and shrink the gaps back down to around 2 pixels) and it'll look much better.

• Like 1

AdrianW

There's still a weird issue with "T": put the selector on the alphabet and press down to move between the letters - when you reach "T" it scrolls all the way to the top and then press down again (on to "U") and it scrolls all the way back down again.

Jack Burton

Today the posters have shrunk slightly and now there's a huge gap between them - it looks worse than before.

Just make them a bit smaller again and change to 8 instead of 7 columns (and shrink the gaps back down to around 2 pixels) and it'll look much better.

I agree. I've noticed gaps getting bigger on the front page of ET as well. Personally, I think it looks a lot better with little to no gaps

• Like 1

denz

I agree smaller gap looks way better than this new design. In home screen the gaps are too big as well.

Edited by denz