5 replies to this topic

#1 grangerdanger OFFLINE  

grangerdanger

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Local time: 02:58 PM

Posted 12 February 2017 - 10:43 PM

Hello,

I'm technologically challenged. I am trying to get emby up and running so I can connect my devices through Kodi. I got the server for Mac installed but nothing happens then. I see the tray up in the icon bar, but every time I attempt to go to the startup wizard, it fails. I've tried copy and pasting, typing it in, and selecting it from the drop-down menu of the tray. The wizard is not responding.

Any ideas?

#2 Natilus13 OFFLINE  

Natilus13

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 102 posts
  • Local time: 04:58 PM

Posted 13 February 2017 - 10:07 AM

Hi grangerdanger,

1. Is the account your are using an admin? If not then I would try using an admin account and see if you have the same result.

2. Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling? I find using an app like AppTrap is great when you are uninstalling something on OSX/macOS. This ensures that ALL files are removed when you trash a program. When you use one of these programs though you want to be careful. I would never recommend leaving them running all the time, just turn it on when you want to remove something and then turn it off again.

#3 grangerdanger OFFLINE  

grangerdanger

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 10:21 AM

Natilus13, 

This may sound really dumb, but how do I get an admin account? I now realize mine is not. I did try uninstaslling and reinstsalling multiple times with computer reboots.

#4 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 157215 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 02:56 PM

Natilus13, 

This may sound really dumb, but how do I get an admin account? I now realize mine is not. I did try uninstaslling and reinstsalling multiple times with computer reboots.

@grangerdanger, when you install the server it automatically creates an admin account for you. Does this help? Let us know. thanks !

#5 grangerdanger OFFLINE  

grangerdanger

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 10:31 PM

Not really. I downloaded the server, finished installation. When I attempt to open Emby.Server.Mac the tray appears in the menu bar and it attempts to open the startup wizard but fails every time. I get the message "Safari can't open the page "localhost:8096/web/wizardstart.html" because the server where this page is located isn't responding." I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling as well as quitting the program and rebooting. Still, nothing is opening the page. 

#6 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 157215 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 01:06 AM

@grangerdanger, can you please try this:

Open the Terminal Application

Type sudo nano /etc/hosts

Add the following to the end of the file (substitute COMPUTERNAME with your computer name):

127.0.0.1 COMPUTERNAME

Press ctrl+X then Y then return (to save added text).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Mac, OSsierra, startup wizard

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users