Photo

Problem: FireTV app does not show EPG, but emby server web gui does?!

epg nextpvr firetv webgui

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 SpecialAgent OFFLINE  

SpecialAgent

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • Local time: 01:50 PM

Posted 11 February 2017 - 09:41 AM

Hi all,

I'm facing an interesting problem by using the FireTV 1.3.19a app: When I navigate to Live-TV and click on "TV prgramm" (doesn't know how it is called in english, in german it is called "TV Programm├╝bersicht") to see an EPG, the app is just showing the circle spinner. I tried to wait about 20 minutes and then I cancelled this.

When I connect to web GUI of the same emby server, everything works fine. The EPG shows up after 3-4 seconds.

Im using NextPVR on the same machine where emby server runs and all is running in my LAN. I have attached log files. One log file is where Im using the WebGui and one log is showing a try to use FireTV emby app. My server version is 3.2.1.0 and the NextPVR plugin has version 3.0.6143.20454

Background: I have another physical machine with WIndows 7 and Windows Media Center and ServerWMC, which I used before and with this setup the FireTV app shows the EPG without any problem. The new server with NextPVR ist running Windows 10 and will replace the Windows 7 server.

Need help here.

Thank you.

Update:

I found log of NextPVR and attached an sample to this post. It does show requests for the same SID and no errors. So emby server is asking about EPG data I think.....

Attached Files

Edited by SpecialAgent, 11 February 2017 - 09:50 AM.

#2 SpecialAgent OFFLINE  

SpecialAgent

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 03:50 AM

Unfortunately, this problem has not disappered with the new FireTV App Version from April, 12th. Im pretty helpless here.... has anyone an idea?

Edited by SpecialAgent, 14 April 2017 - 03:51 AM.

#3 ebr OFFLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 46989 posts
  • Local time: 07:50 AM

Posted 14 April 2017 - 10:42 AM

Hi.  Can you please follow the instruction here to send a log from the app when you produce this problem?  Thanks.

#4 SpecialAgent OFFLINE  

SpecialAgent

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 02:38 PM

Hi ebr,

I just clicked on "Send logs" and you should get some debug log my server. My emby user is called "Server" and the time frame was 8:34 pm till 8:36 pm.

It would be nice, if I could see the logs before I sent it to somewhere I can not verity. Also I would like to inspect and remove private data before. This is an urgent feature request and not a complaint.

FireTV App version is: 1.3.35a Registered, Server version: 3.2.12.0, emby plugin version: 3.0.6143.20454

Thx

Edited by SpecialAgent, 16 April 2017 - 02:40 PM.

#5 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 138075 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 06:58 PM

@SpecialAgent, I notice in your log that Emby is hitting the next pvr api repeatedly for the recordings list when this is not necessary. I have resolved this for the next release of Emby Server and it's possible that this may make a difference. Thanks !

#6 ebr OFFLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 46989 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 09:42 PM

The request for the list of channels from your server timed out.  The app needs to give you a message when this happens so I'll look into that.

#7 SpecialAgent OFFLINE  

SpecialAgent

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 03:48 AM

Good news. Thank you, Im looking forward to the next release. Thx!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: epg, nextpvr, firetv, webgui

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users