Emby has lost my music metadata

Pitchshift

Happy2Play

Ok a screenshot of Dead Players folder.

And you will probably have to post a log after refreshing an artist that is missing stuff.

Pitchshift

Ok a screenshot of Dead Players folder.

And you will probably have to post a log after refreshing an artist that is missing stuff.

None of my artists have missing images. Emby has either scraped them or I have uploaded them manually. It was a few days ago when I last did a refresh of any artists. Do you want me to try again then provide the logs? 

Pitchshift

Sorry, misread what you put. I have refreshed the Dead Players artist (not replacing images as I uploaded these manually) and here is the log files.

Log.txt

Edited by Pitchshift

• 1 month later...
Pitchshift

After you refresh the dead players artist, what is the result?

Still missing fanart.jpg and folder.jpg in the artist folder. Only file that is showing is the artist.nfo.

Your artist has a music brianz id. Did you even check audiodb and fanart to see what images they have based on this music brainz id? You can do that on your own, and it looks to me like they don't have any images based on the music brainz id. 

Pitchshift

Your artist has a music brianz id. Did you even check audiodb and fanart to see what images they have based on this music brainz id? You can do that on your own, and it looks to me like they don't have any images based on the music brainz id. 

I already know that there is no metadata for that artist on the internet. I added the images myself. That is the whole point of this thread. I spent time customising my artists and a change wiped that out. I am wanting Emby to save my customised metadata to the artists folder but it is not working. I can see the artwork in Emby but not in the windows explorer folders.

Nikolaech

Hi Pitchshift.
Yes, temporarily with music is bad. Previously, it was wonderful.

Win10 x64 rus. ES 3.2.12.0  config.xml (default) EnableSimpleArtistDetection>true</EnableSimpleArtistDetection>
option Save illustrations and metadata inside media folders, ON

I do so. Add the artist to the library > scan the library.

go to the artist's page > Click three points > identify.

13604352.png

Go to the site https://musicbrainz.org/artist/a96c0a65-cc01-4a6c-8d1f-cc9492edaa1f/details
And copy and paste the MBID Artist a96c0a65-cc01-4a6c-8d1f-cc9492edaa1f > Click search.

13596160.png

In the metadata manager. Manually, we add the necessary descriptions and images. Click Save.

Go to \AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\metadata\artists\Dead Players. Copy the file Artist.nfo to the folder the artist.

Start the scan. All, you do not have to worry. The images will be in folder of the artist.

In earlier versions of the server, you will need to copy and images. In the version 3.2.12.0 the images are immediately in the artist folder.

13618693.png

13607429.png

13602309.png

But on the server 2012 everything can be different. If, at you it is impossible, i can not help you. Good luck.

• Like 1