Emby-Server upgrade

thatoneguy99

thatoneguy99

Good morning. I do not use an init.d script to run Emby. I use a systemd script to autostart my server. The problem is during an upgrade. Post installation script for Emby tries to run update-rc.d but since I do not have an startup script in the init.d folder I get an error that the install failed. How can i make the post installation script complete?

Is there a way to turn off this functionality of the upgrade process? Any information is helpful! Thank you!

thatoneguy99

Problem solved but not the way I wanted to do it. Was reading a way to remove the "limbo" upgrade of Emby. The server itself had upgraded and showed so in the Dashboard. However the post install script had failed so dpkg just had it there in a "not yet upgraded" status. 

Reading for ways to remove the package from the "needs upgrade" status of dpkg I ran 

sudo dpkg --purge --force-all emby-server

I really did think this was going to "purge" emby-server from the "waiting list". Obviously it removed my entire install. Luckily I use the server config backup plug-in and it is running through restoration as we speak.

I wish I would have paid a little bit more attention to what I was cutting and pasting off of the interwebs. I would have seen what was about to happen. Lessons learned. :(

• Like 1

techworld

Hello,

I'm stuck on the update notification for a week now regarding Version 3.1.5.

I restarted Emby & my PC many times, and ran the the update on the repo, but it still not update.

current version: 

ii  emby-server                                                      3.1.283~beta-13.1                 all          Emby Server is a home media server.
ii  embymagick:amd64                                                 6.9.6+6-7.1                       amd64        low-level image manipulation library -- quantum depth Q8
ii  libembysqlite3-0:amd64                                           3.16.0+2-1.1    

System info: Debian Jessie

Repo: deb http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/emby/Debian_8.0/ /

Key: 2A7D8A28

Apologies, we will resolve this by the weekend. In the meantime you can wait or try the workaround listed above.

clarkss12

Problem solved but not the way I wanted to do it. Was reading a way to remove the "limbo" upgrade of Emby. The server itself had upgraded and showed so in the Dashboard. However the post install script had failed so dpkg just had it there in a "not yet upgraded" status. 

Reading for ways to remove the package from the "needs upgrade" status of dpkg I ran 

sudo dpkg --purge --force-all emby-server

I really did think this was going to "purge" emby-server from the "waiting list". Obviously it removed my entire install. Luckily I use the server config backup plug-in and it is running through restoration as we speak.

I wish I would have paid a little bit more attention to what I was cutting and pasting off of the interwebs. I would have seen what was about to happen. Lessons learned. :(

Thanks, that worked for my Pine64 install.

• Like 1

techworld

I found the solution from another thread; no need to re-install Emby.

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/44178-omv-3-emby-server-31283beta131/

I got the solution from @@sualfred, and his solution worked for me.

1. sudo nano /var/lib/dpkg/status
2. find the emby-server entry block and remove it
3. save the file
4. apt-get update
5. apt-get install emby-server
Edited by techworld