Scan media library

steve1977

Please remove all plugins. I know you said that didn't fix it, but it will make the logs smaller and easier to debug. Thanks.

Koleckai Silvestri

In your current log, the system can't find any of your files. It finds links but can't find the actual files. Either you're pointing to the wrong location or the MBS user doesn't have the permissions it needs when the scan starts.

steve1977

Findings links, but not the actual files is because I removed those drives from the library, but the movies had been previously scanned, so are still there. I believe this is intended behavior and not a bug?

Let me remove all plugins (except XBMC plugin, which I will need for NFO files) and give it another try.

steve1977

It still "freezes" even after removing all plugins except the XBMC one.

The log is always hard to post as it includes thousands of lines from the movies that are in the library, but whose drives have been removed to isolate the issue. For example: 

2014-04-12 22:14:57.1297 Warn - BaseItem: Unable to find linked item at path \\my-IP\E\Movie Name (2010) [720p bluray]\Movie name (2010).mkv

How can I delete the movies from my library and maybe also the cache? Is this actually intended behavior or a bug?

Once this is resolved, let me get you a new log for my original issue.

Edited by steve1977

steve1977

Ok. I'm going to try something with the dev build later today. I'll let you know and you can try it out.

steve1977

thanks. FYI - i am currently on the "official release" and not on dev or beta. obviously, i can change though. keep me posted. thanks!

steve1977

Unfortunately, it does not work with the developer built either (still gets "stuck"). Will share a log shortly. Any more thoughts?

try downloading a tool called fiddler. open and let it run while the server scans. once it gets stuck wait a couple mintues. then save the fiddler log to a file and post it.

TheShanMan

I haven't read this entire thread so excuse me if I misunderstood, but my "scan media library" task is also getting stuck. According to the log file, it completed ("App: Scan media library Completed after 10 minute(s) and 2 seconds") but the scheduled tasks screen shows it at 55%. I didn't have this problem until adding in my photo collection, which is huge. Unfortunately that has also resulted in really long scan times (10 minutes with nothing new added). It would be nice if you could configure multiple scan tasks for scanning different things with different frequencies. I'd be much more tolerant of the long scan times if I could tell it to only scan the photos collection once a day at 3 AM or something like that, while letting everything else scan much more frequently.

if the logs says completed then it's probably just the web interface not updating. nothing to worry about.

TheShanMan

Will that get fixed? It's been happening ever since I added my photo collection. I've never noticed it happen before though (of course it could be unrelated).

Should I add a feature request to better handle the problem of rescans taking 10 minutes?