Scan media library

steve1977

steve1977

Search your log for (Error - App: Error in Media Browser Xml).  Looks like 2 movies in L and 2 in M.

Thanks, just deleted the XML files, but unfortunately no improvement. Stil "stuck" when scanning. Please see new log file below:

https://www.paste.to/qbxZqkkA

Koleckai Silvestri

It appears that the last movie processed is:

2014-04-07 18:42:57.9601 Debug - App: Running RottenTomatoesProvider for \\my-IP\G\An American Tail The Treasure of Manhattan Island (1998) [480p dvd]\An American Tail The Treasure of Manhattan Island (1998).avi
Go into \G\ and order by date. Make sure there are no empty or malformed directories. Especially look for one with a space at the end of the name. Edited by Wayne Luke

steve1977

It appears that the last movie processed is:

2014-04-07 18:42:57.9601 Debug - App: Running RottenTomatoesProvider for \\my-IP\G\An American Tail The Treasure of Manhattan Island (1998) [480p dvd]\An American Tail The Treasure of Manhattan Island (1998).avi
Go into \G\ and order by date. Make sure there are no empty or malformed directories. Especially look for one with a space at the end of the name.

Thanks for your help. The movie above appears to be ok (at least I couldn't spot anything unusual with it). I also checked the movies, which are close by date in this folder and also nothing unusual.

What I found out. It is folders "G" and "I", which are causing the issue. If I remove these two folders, it works well. So, issues around settings and other plugins can be deleted as a root cause.

I have removed "I" to solve this one stop at a time. Please see below updated log file. Any chance you can take a look and share some more thoughts:

https://www.paste.to/GroQ8iff

steve1977

No, still happens with "I" removed. It does not happen when I remove both "G" and "I". If I add one of these two, MBS gets stuck. Error log above is with "G" being added. I can also send a separate log with "G" removed (but then it runs through well).

steve1977

Very weird. I just updated to the new server release and the library update went through (without getting stuck). Unfortunately, I just added drive "I" and it is yet stuck again. See below the latest log file. Any idea?

https://www.paste.to/pwjcyvO6

steve1977

can you try disabling internet metadata downlaoding completely?

Not yet. How would I do this? Basically unticking all sources?

Not yet. How would I do this? Basically unticking all sources?

I think you can just uncheck this one box:

disable_internet_providers_zps90448481.j

steve1977

Thanks for the info. It runs through and completes the scan rather fast when unticking this box. Needless to say that it does not download new artwork though.

When ticking the box again, it runs through but yet again does not download anything. This is weird. So, now I have a new issue.

Edited by steve1977

Thanks for the info. It runs through and completes the scan rather fast when unticking this box. Needless to say that it does not download new artwork though.

When ticking the box again, it gets stuck again.

Well, that helps narrow it down anyway.

I tried looking at your logs, but all of them have been deleted. Any chance you could remove everything BUT the problem drive, restart the server, scan again and post the log?

steve1977

Sorry, I updated my earlier post. Actually, the scan now goes through, but nothing is being downloaded. I believe it is because it now took the "screen caption" instead and does not check the metadata providers for downloads? Thoughts?

Sorry, I updated my earlier post. Actually, the scan now goes through, but nothing is being downloaded. I believe it is because it now took the "screen caption" instead and does not check the metadata providers for downloads? Thoughts?

Right, sorry I should have been more specific. Go ahead and check the box again, enabling metadata download. Then remove everything except the problem "I" drive from your library, restart media browser server, scan again and post the log.

steve1977

It is a different issue now. Even after "ticking" the box again, it scans and runs through. But no art downloaded. I believe that the reason is that it took a "screen caption" when I had the box unticked. When I manually delete the "screen caption", the art is downloaded again. Do I now need to manually identify all movies with "screen caption" or is there a way to trigger a new scan?

I think as long as it is set to "Refresh All Data", you can force a full library rescan with the Refresh button at the library root level:

refresh_metadata_zpsdaab56e9.png

steve1977

Thanks. Unfortunately not. I did exactly what you suggested and had it run overnight. Unfortunately, it did not refresh the art. I believe the issue is the "screen captions" that make MBS believe that there is art and it does not refresh. I probably need to open a separate big report for this issue?

jordy

How about you delete (or relocate) a couple of your "screen captions" and then try again. You might want to disable whatever app is producing the screen captions first though.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk

Edited by jordy

steve1977

How about you delete (or relocate) a couple of your "screen captions" and then try again. You might want to disable whatever app is producing the screen captions first though.

It's MBS creating them.... I disabled this functionality now. When scanning the library, it does not add them back. When refreshing the movie (after having deleted the caption), it downloads the new one.Is this intended behavior that MBS: 1) Screen caption are not being replaced by real posters once they are available on TMDB et al, 2) When manually deleting the poster, it will not newly downloaded as part of the library scan, but only as part of the manual movie refresh.

Also, back to my real issue. What additional info can I provide to further problem-solve the issue?

pelfed

I had similar issue quite awhile ago.  Never really found the issue, so I simply deleted all xml jpg and png files from the library using a command prompt in the root directory of my media files.

del /s *.xml

del /s *.jpg

del /s *.png

Once I did this i set the scan to run and it all came back and played nicely

Koleckai Silvestri

Thanks. Unfortunately not. I did exactly what you suggested and had it run overnight. Unfortunately, it did not refresh the art. I believe the issue is the "screen captions" that make MBS believe that there is art and it does not refresh. I probably need to open a separate big report for this issue?

The system will not refresh art if you have the Metadata Providers turned off like you did earlier in post #59 and #60 of this topic. It will not refresh art if the artwork already exists in the folder. This is done on purpose to lower bandwidth costs.

Unless your "screen captions" (not sure what you mean here) are called folder.jpg/png, poster.jpg/png, thumb.jpg/png, backdrop.jpg/png, disc.jpg/png, art.jpg/png, banner.jpg/png, or logo.jpg/png they won't mess with the downloader.

Does the user that you're running MediaBrowser Server under have proper write permissions to the location where you're trying to write the metadata and images? If it is a network share, this isn't a guarantee, even if they were created under the same user.

Edited by Wayne Luke

steve1977

The proper MBS term is "screen grabber". Unfortunately, this created a folder.jpg. While a bit unfortunate (as I thought screen grabber should only be used when no posters from TMDB available), it is probably wanted behavior. Will go ahead and manually delete all these "screen grabs".

Write permissions are not the issue and the drives are not network drives.

I think I may need to go ahead and try what pelfed is suggesting.

jordy

If MBS is creating your screen captions. It probably means that the scaper cannot find a match for your movie titles. Does mbs show a tmdb id in the meta data? If not then this is your problem. You need to make sure that your filename exactly matches the movie name for it all to work as intended.

steve1977

MBS created the "screen grabs" when I scanned after having disabled "download metadata from the internet". I have now enabled "download metadata from the internet", but now all these "screen grabs" were created and MBS does not even look at TMDB anymore to replace the "screen grab" with a real "poster". Anyhow, I suppose that this is intended behaviour, so let's not worry about it.

What is still the same old issue though is that the "library scan" does not complete but gets stuck (even if run over night). This does not happen when I disable "download metadata from the internet".

Any other idea besides pelfed's suggestion to delete all *.xml and all *.jpg?