Scan media library

steve1977

steve1977

Just done, but doesn't appear to get better. For full transparency, "refresh trailer" also gets stuck (at 96.6%) and also download local trailers (at 3.7%). This is actually new since the new server release. Before the update, "only" the "scan media library" got stuck.

Attached two more logs (with fanart disabled). Will let it run over night.

https://www.paste.to/AvLZSrxG

https://www.paste.to/2Jy6foCs

steve1977

Since deactivating fanart, it is slow, but not sure whether it is stuck. Will report back in a few hours.

steve1977

Unfortunately, it is still not progressing for the movie scan. Any ideas based on above log files or shall I post new ones? Thanks in advance!

• 3 weeks later...
steve1977

Upgraded to the current stable server release and unfortunately still not working properly. It scans movie library, but then gets stucks. Any other idea? Let me know what other logs or other things I can post? Thanks!

jordy

Why don't  you reduce the size of your library - remove all but one of the folders in your library, run the scan, if its good, add another folder and run scan again and so-on... At least that will tell you what folder or files are giving you trouble. Good luck

steve1977

Why don't  you reduce the size of your library - remove all but one of the folders in your library, run the scan, if its good, add another folder and run scan again and so-on... At least that will tell you what folder or files are giving you trouble. Good luck

I like this idea, thanks! Unfortunately, I found out that I have the issue with every folder. I am tempted to delete the library file to see whether this would change anything. However, this may take even longer then to add it bacl. Anyone with experience with the library file could advice whether that's worth trying (and where it is located)? TRhanks!

jordy

I think you should focus on what is causing the scan failures rather than trying to recreate/edit your library file. I would try clearing the logs, run a scan on one folder which is known to fail, then review the log to see if you can pinpoint a file(s), that should point you in  the right direction. Failing that, provide the log for @@ebr or @@Luke to review. You need to fix the problem else it will just be more of the same.

best of luck.

jordy

steve1977

Thanks. I am getting closer. You are probably right that it may be some files causing this problem and not the size of my library. I have kept adding drives individually and many of them actually work.

I have identified one drive (with tv-shows). When adding this, it "stalls"/"hangs". It may be one of the files that causes that. See attached log file. Unclear to me how to identify, which file or whatever else is causing the "lock".

https://www.paste.to/wiBPxwQW

Thanks for your help!

jordy

Steve, Open your log, press Ctrl + F and type "error" (assuming Windows). There are a number of files causing errors and you can highlight and move through each one to see which files are causing the problem. Also, somehow you have a external link "\\my-IP\..." in your library that is causing a problem. scratch that , just realised it's your server name :) Best of luck, looks like you may be in for some work if all your folders are like this...  jordy

NOTE: just noted that every time scan tries to access the internet it throws an error. Does your server have internet access?

Edited by jordy

steve1977

Thanks for your help. I found the lines that show the error message, but they don't really explain anything to me. Also, there a error messages pointing to drive "I", which I have no longer shown as my library. Internet for about everything else works very well, so that's not the issue. Any more thoughts?

jordy

Ok. With the erroneous movies. I would remove them from the drive (copy the movie file elsewhere) delete the movie folder and everything in it. Then re-add the movie and let mbs retrieve the meta data and you should be good. with the I drive you may have a shortcut somewhere in the folder which points to the I drive. You'll need to remove or re point it to the correct place.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk

Edited by jordy

jordy

Not sure about the Internet issue. At least if you get the movie issues fixed then worry about that later. I don't think it is responsible for the scan failures. But I guess you'll find out. :)

steve1977

Thanks again for your help and sorry for late reply with status (I was a way away from home).

Tried a few things, but not really making any progress though. Can you take yet again a look at below log-file. I am struggling to see anything wrong in this logfile. However, scanning is "stuck" and never finishes. Any idea?

https://www.paste.to/hfkMobIN

jordy

well apart from the error is some xml files and the failure connecting to various internet sites. there does not seem to be any reason for the scan not completing. I think you should at least delete all the bad xml files and let MB rebuild them. If that doesn't work then you should ask @@ebr or @@Luke to assist as i'm out of ideas.

Edited by jordy

steve1977

Can you give me an example how to spot the bad XML files from the log. From what you are saying, there are many. If you show how to find one, I will take care of this one and also all the others and re-report whether all is working now.

arche

Not sure, but looks to be having issues with not finding the movies and/or the char's "[]" in some of your file naming. Seems your logs are filled with those errors. Just a suggestion, but maybe start from scratch with a new folder structure and take out any unneeded characters in the file name. I am still using Plex for my dlna and have stuck with there file structure as it works fine for me with media browser.

i.e.

D:\Movies\American History X (1998)\

American History X (1998) - 1080p.mp4

American History X.en.srt

This works for me, not saying it works for everyone.

jordy

If you look for the word "error" and read the text around it you will see a filename and a reference to an invalid character at position 1 line 1 in the xml file.That file is the one you need to look at. Can't tell you which files as I'm not at my pc to check your log.

Edit. Just checked, look at line 899 & 890 that's your first xml error

Edited by jordy

Well you should try all the things mentioned in this thread. your log has multiple library paths and lots of plugins, and one of the things suggested was removing all of that and putting them back gradually

steve1977

Well you should try all the things mentioned in this thread. your log has multiple library paths and lots of plugins, and one of the things suggested was removing all of that and putting them back gradually

Thanks to all of you who replied. I had already removed library paths and added them back one by one. It worked for the first few libraries and I am posting the log since I have added back the one that leads to the error.

I had also removed the plugins before, but this also does not help.

From this thread, there are still a few more things that I could try:

1) Deleting some XML files, which may be faulty - still need to find out how to spot them in the log file, but hope to find a way)

2) Starting library from scratch - how would I do this? Where is the library file that I would have to remove?

3) "Take out any unneeded characters in the file name" - don't understand this. Can you share an example on what is "unneeded". My file names follow themoviedb file names. Some of them indeed include special characters (Æon Flux (2005), https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/8202-on-flux).

Thanks for further guidance on topics (2) and (3) above. I am not fully clear what to do with these two.

steve1977

Not sure if I missed it, is there a new log file?

The one from yesterday is "new" compared to the other two logs that I have shared 2 weeks ago or so.

Happy2Play

1) Deleting some XML files, which may be faulty - still need to find out how to spot them in the log file, but hope to find a way)

Search your log for (Error - App: Error in Media Browser Xml).  Looks like 2 movies in L and 2 in M.

steve1977

@

Below requested information. I will in parallel look into the faulty XML files:

Only plugins related to metadata are trailer and ytrailer, but both are disabled. See below my movie metadata settings:

Downloaders: open, themoviedb

Savers: mediabrowser xml, xbmc nfo

Image fetchers: themoviedb, screenfetcher

Image settings: 1280, 3, all

Advanced settings: everything enabled except "use custom server paths"

Thanks a lot for your help!