Direct Path Settings! Help a Noob

Katia Rosado

Katia Rosado

Hi! 

I've set up my server (Version 3.1.2.0) on an Rpi3 on Ubuntu MATE 16.04 (Xenial Xerus). After a few troubles all is good now and working fine on the server side.

Now i would like to use Kodi (v17-Krypton-RC) as my client via Emby for Kodi but i'm struggling with the correct config because e know i should use native instead of addon.

So after installing emby for kodi e set up the server manually, log my user in and select Native on the Playback mode.

Then it asks for the network credentials and here is where i don't know what i'm doing wrong... :(  

I know that kodi sees the share:

586f82c0ca530_SMB.jpg

But continuing...it askes to "Input the server name or IP address as indicated in my emby library paths" that looks like this:

586f83df608f7_Library.jpg

So i enter the server name as: //KAKAPI-DESKTOP

The network username is use the one i created in the samba shares that is also Kakapi

And the password i gave to this username

Then it startes to sync and get the "gathering the shows from" but this shows up:

586f84fcd9ae8_erro.jpg

I've been stuck at this for 2 days now and the further i've gotten was it build my tv library on kodi but as i click on and an episode it says it's no longer available as asks me if i want to remove it.

Any help on this puzzle :blink:  for me would be really great.  :)

Thanks in advanced!

im85288

I sometimes get this too but always click NO so that the sync continues and everything appears to work correctly

Katia Rosado

Hi null_pointer.

I've read somewhere around the forum that it's better when you are using low powered devices to do so...

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/35087-raspberry-pi-1-recommended-settings-for-emby-addon-for-kodi/?p=331327

and here on the Playback Mode Section...

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/plugin.video.emby/wiki/Emby-for-kodi-settings

I guess i was wrong?  :unsure:

Katia Rosado

Hi im82288,

I've tried your way just now and it builds my TV Shows library but when i try to play any episode it shows the:

586fa29aeebe2_erro.jpg

im85288

I'm not sure what's up there, you should not need to enter the server name as the share name. Your server name/ip address is the path to your Emby server (which is normally discovered automatically)

To make your life easier I would set up your server using UNC paths. So point your tvshows directly at //kakapi-desktop/tvshows or use path substitution if your pointing your library at non UNC paths.

I have it working using LibreElec so no problems on unix

Adiventure

I'm having this same issue, albeit with two windows machines. I believe I've got the server setup right, I set the credentials as the server  name (I've tried local ip too), I've got the server paths filled in in the library but I get the exact same errors as OP. I can play files on the server machine, and from the web, but the kodi client in the other room won't do it.

im85288

I'm having this same issue, albeit with two windows machines. I believe I've got the server setup right, I set the credentials as the server  name (I've tried local ip too), I've got the server paths filled in in the library but I get the exact same errors as OP. I can play files on the server machine, and from the web, but the kodi client in the other room won't do it.

From your description it sounds like you've setup your server pointing at direct directorys eg. C:/mycoolmovies

As mentioned above you need to set them up using UNC paths eg. //192.168.1.20/mycoolmovies

That's the only way the other client can access the media

Adiventure

From your description it sounds like you've setup your server pointing at direct directorys eg. C:/mycoolmovies

As mentioned above you need to set them up using UNC paths eg. //192.168.1.20/mycoolmovies

That's the only way the other client can access the media

In the library I have the directory, and below that the smb share so:

Folder: G:\movies

Shared network folder: \\OBELISK\Movies1$

Is that wrong? 

Also to add to the original, addon play doesn't work nor does playback via http instead of smb.

Edited by Adiventure

im85288

So you have it mapped on your server only using the shared network folder option above? If so that's the correct way to do it. The G:\movies should not be mapped on your Emby server.

If it's all correct post a log of when it fails to playback (see sticky for details) and I'll take a look

Adiventure

So you have it mapped on your server only using the shared network folder option above? If so that's the correct way to do it. The G:\movies should not be mapped on your Emby server.

If it's all correct post a log of when it fails to playback (see sticky for details) and I'll take a look

5873f0bb15428_EmbyNetworkShare.jpg

This is how it is setup, Is that incorrect?

im85288

Yes that's incorrect, set up your main folder as the shared network folder to save you more headaches.

Adiventure

Yes that's incorrect, set up your main folder as the shared network folder to save you more headaches.

redid the library that way, with just the main folder, using the smb address. 

Still having the same though. "library scan can't find... ...do you want to stop scan". This is now on an android client because for some reason the second windows machine is stuck at comparing episodes 100%.

im85288

Can you access your share from elsewhere on your network? E.g. From a browser or something. I think your going to need to post a log

Adiventure

I have always been able to connect via web browser from the local network. I've never tried from outside the network.

Attached 2 server logs. Do you need one from the client too?

Log 1.txt

Log 2.txt

im85288

I have always been able to connect via web browser from the local network. I've never tried from outside the network.

Attached 2 server logs. Do you need one from the client too?

Please refer to: https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/17599-how-to-report-a-problem/ on how to produce the log we require