Series Recording issue- not "locking on" to timeslot

linds1234

Do you have a comparison of two episodes where one is recording and the other is not? i can tell you right off the bat from that xml data, there is no episode information. No episode number, episode title or any unique identifier. That means there is no way to know if two airings are the same show or different show. Whereas you look at the icetv data and it has the season/episode numbers and that allows us to determine if two airings in different time slots are the same show or not.

linds1234

>>Do you have a comparison of two episodes where one is recording and the other is not?

Any scenario will create this. Start the series record on a "Wednesday", records at 6:30pm that day and displays a grey icon for all future 6:30pm timeslots for the week. Start it on a "Thursday", captures that day, skips the rest as far up the EPG schedule that has been captured. These types of recordings were fine at some point before build 3.1.2.

IceTV does indeed have the episode info in there, but with Emby server in it's current stable build, it doesn't make a difference to how it handles the daily series recording.

The previous behavior you mention is not applicable. at that point we would record everything for a series no matter how many times an episode would air over and over again. So to people who were affected by that it was not fine.

linds1234

Fair enough.

In this case, I don't think the IceTV feed will work either. Every instance of "Neighbours" in the XML feed has this exact same episode info in it:

<episode-num system="icetv">125-0</episode-num>

I don't know but there is another daily soap Home and Away that I tried to schedule and it only records the first episode and when I look at the xml file that one has <episode-num system="icetv">73-0</episode-num> probable because it has been running for over 20 years they stopped counting. I will post it on their forum and ask.

I scheduled Home and Away and Neighbours and wmc still schedules all the daily episodes Home and Away has repeats in the morning on a different channel and they are not scheduled to recorded as WMC is looking at the tag previously shown if that tag is not there it is assuming new episode.