Series Recording issue- not "locking on" to timeslot

linds1234

linds1234

Hi Peoples,

I've had no problems with this over the last couple of months, looks like it's happened recently.

If I go to the guide (which is populating all OK from an XML source) and select a show, then choose to series record it at a specific time on a specific channel (or any channel), the intended time-slot doesn't record (no red icon, just grey). For example I choose to record "American Pickers" at "around 5:58pm" or  6pm. They will all show up in the series listing (in addition to the other times during the day it's showing), but the ~6pm ones don't have their red icons.

I've tried:

- removing the channel from the HDHomerun and re-adding it (then re-mapping in Emby).

- removing and re-adding the XML source and re-mapping channels.

- within the series record properties, configured it to record "all episodes" and un-ticked "don't record episodes that are already in my library"

- cancelling the series and re-adding it. Then stop/start the Emby service.

Nothing seems to work... (including trying another show on another channel to series record)

Any tricks out there that I haven't covered that may work? Would rather not delete the whole Emby Database if it can be avoided.

Server version: 3.1.2.0 (running on OMV)

Edit: Just realised this seems to be the same problem as this post

Thanks!

Lindsay

Log.txt

Edited by linds1234

linds1234

Hi @Luke,

Thanks for your reply, If I choose "anytime" in the series record properties, it will record that initial time-slot, as a once-off, but then any future time-slot will have a grey icon and not record.

Edited by linds1234

linds1234

Hi Luke,

It appears to be broken a little more beyond this specific problem.

If I look through the guide and go for a manual record for the next day, say American Pickers at 6pm, it will come up in the active schedule ready to record, but nothing happens.

So I can't do a daily series record, or a one off manual record. I had a series record working for another show that kicked off OK yesterday at 6:30pm, but that one is now like American Pickers, all future shows greyed out.

Scratching my head on this one. Is there any way to reset the "Live TV" database or is all that data in Emby's main database? Or should I just wait it out for a server update to fix the bug?

I've attached the latest log if it helps...

Thank you,

Lindsay

emby log 2.txt

Edited by linds1234

What activity happened in the timeframe of this log that I should be looking for? Sorry to hear about your missed recording but it can be difficult to determine why after the fact. It's better to try it and then capture the log right then and there if there is a problem. thanks.

linds1234

Hi Luke,

What activity happened in the timeframe of this log that I should be looking for? Sorry to hear about your missed recording but it can be difficult to determine why after the fact. It's better to try it and then capture the log right then and there if there is a problem. thanks.

Honestly I can't see anything significant in the log that jumps out to me around the time the recording should have initiated, ~6pm, but then again it may be obvious to you. You mentioned in another thread that you could see what was happening with the daily series recording issue, so I thought there may have been traces of this problem in the log.

Would enabling "debugging" for the the logs help for these issues?

I don't see any evidence of a recording and actually, there appear to be no recordings scheduled. So it's not an issue of a scheduled recording being missed, but rather it looks like it's just not in the schedule. Does that sound right?

linds1234

Hi Luke,

Yep it probably didn't get loaded into the schedule for some reason. I'll try another "one time" recording tonight, because they usually work fine. It's usually just the future "daily" record entries from a series that don't get scheduled.

linds1234

Confirmed that "once-off" recordings are all OK. Just any daily series record is broken.

Thanks Luke.

I wonder if there's something in your guide data throwing it off because i cannot reproduce the issue.

linds1234

It's worth eliminating for sure. I'll sign up to IceTV and give that a go, will let you know.

Is this an actual file that you have used because the server is failing to parse this due to it being invalid xml. thanks.

linds1234

Hi Luke,

I must have broken it by copying and pasting. It's normally a URL that points to a .gz file, which is being stubborn to extract.

Attempt 2 attached.

I'll PM you a link to the actual http:// path emby uses as well.

Thanks!

WA.Perth .guide.xml

ok , i know what's going on. we don't expose what days you want to record, but i think there is leftover code that not only limits to same time of day but also same day of week.

• Like 1

linds1234

Hi Luke,

Is this leftover code being cleaned up for the next server update? Or only when the LiveTV setup change is introduced?

Thanks

linds1234

Hi Luke,

I just upgraded to the latest release, 3.1.4.

Looks like I still have the daily series record issue. It will only record the day/time-slot the schedule has been initiated from.

When I went from 3.1.2 to 3.1.4 I followed these steps:

- Deleted the XMLTV feed and tuner

- Deleted the file "livetv.xml" in /config

- stopped the service

- Re-added tuner / XMLTV source and remapped channels

Should this be working now in 3.1.4?

Thanks.

linds1234

damn, don't know why it's being stubborn on my end. It was all fine prior to ~3.1.2.

My examples would be the same as the previous ones, for example, the TV Show "Neighbours":

Channel: "Eleven" (Channel ID 11)

Time: 6:30pm

Day: Mon to Friday

My series record properties are set like this

Which then results in this

Changing the time to "anytime" or playing around with the record "new episodes / all episodes" or ticking/unticking "don't record episodes that are already in my library" has no effect.

Trying another TV Series on other channels has the same behavior

Are you sure you are running 3.1.4? Once you've verified that, as a test, does changing any of the filters cause it to schedule all of them?