Series Recording issue- not "locking on" to timeslot

linds1234

linds1234

3.1.4 for sure, here's a log snippet mentioning the version:

Version: 3.1.4.0
    Command line: /opt/emby/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe -programdata /media/cf235226-96cb-467a-b599-0b570c2bb4ca/emby -restartpath /usr/sbin/emby.sh
    Operating system: Unix 3.16.0.0
    64-Bit OS: True
    64-Bit Process: True
    Mono: 4.6.2 (Stable 4.6.2.16/ac9e222 Tue Jan 3 11:48:26 UTC 2017)

Unfortunately tinkering with all/any of the filters doesn't result in scheduling any more than the single episode it's initiated from  :(

Hi guys,

I have the same exact problem since 3.1.2

I also upgraded to 3.1.4 this morning. Problem not solved.

I have a daily serie that occurs 4 times per week. I selected it from the guide (Monday) and clicked "Record series" on it. The show airs mon,tue,wed,thu.

Emby will record all mondays and skip all 3 other days. in the guide i do see the gray recording icon as stated by the OP for the days that are not getting recorded . From the guide the serie episodes that wont record state that they are NEW.

Let me know what i can do to help please.

I found a way around the problem by clicking all grayed out episodes one by one and hit record for all of them. I also see that if i restart the emby-server service all my manual corrections are lost and i need to redo all the manual fixes again.

Vince

Edited by xetal

blade005

Hi guys,

I have the same exact problem since 3.1.2

I also upgraded to 3.1.4 this morning. Problem not solved.

I have a daily serie that occurs 4 times per week. I selected it from the guide (Monday) and clicked "Record series" on it. The show airs mon,tue,wed,thu.

Emby will record all mondays and skip all 3 other days. in the guide i do see the gray recording icon as stated by the OP for the days that are not getting recorded . From the guide the serie episodes that wont record state that they are NEW.

Let me know what i can do to help please.

I found a way around the problem by clicking all grayed out episodes one by one and hit record for all of them. I also see that if i restart the emby-server service all my manual corrections are lost and i need to redo all the manual fixes again.

Vince

FYI.

The exact same behavior presents itself in the Beta Server as well. I have two (2) daily shows that I set up as RECORD SERIES  a couple of months back and they worked perfectly until about a month ago.

I now have the same experience that you do. It will lock on to the next daily recording when you initially set it to record and then will ignore all future days and show the grayed out RECORD SERIES button. If you then set the remaining days to record manually they will be reset at the next REFRESH GUIDE task run to not record. No amount of adjusting in the RECORD SERIES SETTINGS will get it to lock on to more than the very next airing date.

So, for now I just have to remember to set a record manually task for both of these daily shows the morning after my REFRESH GUIDE task runs to catch the next airing, but before my REFRESH GUIDE nightly task will reset them again.

blade005

Are you guys using schedules direct or xml tv?

@@Luke,

XML TV generated by Zap2XML process. Worked fine until about a month ago.

Attached is XMLTV-guide generated and used with daily recording issues. xmltv-guide.xml

One daily show with issue is CHARLIE ROSE, Tues - Sat at 12:00AM on Channel 13.1. All are marked as NEW in the guide, but only the next day after setting RECORD SERIES will show in SCHEDULED RECORDINGS. Changing RECORD SERIES settings has no effect.

Emby Server 3.1.268.0 beta

Thanks for the example. This issue will currently be limited to select xmltv data feeds. We'll take a look.

blade005

Thanks for the example. This issue will currently be limited to select xmltv data feeds. We'll take a look.

@@Luke,

No problem. Not sure what you mean by 'limited to select xmltv data feeds'.  Is there a recommended process / data feed for xmltv generated guides in the US?

linds1234

Hi Luke,

I've attached 2 XML feeds I use (the FreePG one is the main one, IceTV is only really used for testing). The FreePG might not work for you as there's some copy/pasting going on the make that file from it's original .gz embedded link, I attempted to format it properly though.

What I find curious between the 2 is while the "LCN" numbers stay the same, the channels have different "id" namings. For example on FreePG channel "Eleven" has the id of "Eleven", whilst on IceTV it's "1698".

icetv.xml

FreePG.xml

blade005

This is resolved for the next release of Emby Server, thanks.

@@Luke

Emby Server: 3.1.287 beta

UPDATE:

Issue with Charlie Rose RECORD SERIES is resolved with update to 287 beta of Emby Server. Many thanks.

I have another daily recording issue if you have the time to take a look at, please.

XMLTV-guide data that is attached in Post #30 applies.

Show Title: BBC World News

Channel: 13.1 KERA-HD

Airing: Mon - Fri

Airtime: Around 5:30AM

Record: All Episodes

The show airs as NEW at 1:30AM and then shows as REPEAT at 5:30AM. The 5:30AM airing is actually a more up to date broadcast of early news.

I set up a RECORD SERIES with AIRTIME set for AROUND 5:30AM and RECORD set to ALL EPISODES, since the 5:30AM airing displays as REPEAT.  Same behavior as with Charlie Rose previously. It will lock on to the next airing at 5:30AM in the guide, but then ignore all subsequent airings.

Thanks, we're going to have another stable soon but I may choose to leave this out so that it can stay in beta longer. We had to change the way program id's' are created so I might want to give it additional time.

blade005

Thanks, we're going to have another stable soon but I may choose to leave this out so that it can stay in beta longer. We had to change the way program id's' are created so I might want to give it additional time.

No worries. Thanks for the attention you have provided.

Do you care to have reports of additional issues with locking onto specific Series and Airdates?

I didn't delete or re-map any channels. I just installed the 287 beta and restarted. I canceled the existing Charlie Rose scheduled recording, refreshed guide and then added RECORD SERIES back and it populated for all days. Should I do anything different to see if other recording issues correct themselves on this 287 beta?

I just tried the Neighbours series recording and with the latest beta 189it is only recording first episode. I have checked and all episodes are marked NEW.  I then created another series recording for my kitchen rules that is every few days and all are scheduled to be recorded. The show the chase Australia is every day and it is same it doesn't record

588ff1a02718e_Capture50.jpg

588ff2b230643_Capture60.jpg

588ff5a6d55e0_Capture61.jpg

<programme channel="1698" stop="20170131110000 +0000" start="20170131103000 +0000">
<title lang="en">Neighbours</title>
<desc lang="en">Follow the personal dramas of suburban families living in the fictional Melbourne suburb of Erinsborough as they fall in love, fall out with friends and cope with the trials and tribulations of everyday life. Ramsay Street entered Aussie TV folklore in 1985 and after an initial hiccup (cancellation!), it's been going strong ever since.(Australia, English)</desc>
<date>1985</date>
<category lang="en">Soap Opera</category>
<language lang="en">English</language>
<country lang="en">Australia</country>
<episode-num system="icetv">125-0</episode-num>
<video>
<aspect>16:9</aspect>
</video>
<subtitles type="teletext"/>
<rating system="">
<value>G</value>
</rating>
</programme>
<programme channel="1698" stop="20170201110000 +0000" start="20170201103000 +0000">
<desc lang="en">Follow the personal dramas of suburban families living in the fictional Melbourne suburb of Erinsborough as they fall in love, fall out with friends and cope with the trials and tribulations of everyday life. Ramsay Street entered Aussie TV folklore in 1985 and after an initial hiccup (cancellation!), it's been going strong ever since.(Australia, English)</desc>
<date>1985</date>
<video>
</video>
<rating system="">
<value>G</value>
</rating>
</programme>
<programme channel="1698" stop="20170202110000 +0000" start="20170202103000 +0000">
<date>1985</date>
<video>
</video>
<rating system="">
<value>G</value>
</rating>
</programme>

<programme channel="2659" stop="20170131130000 +0000" start="20170131113000 +0000">
<title lang="en">My Kitchen Rules</title>
<sub-title lang="en">2017 - NSW - David & Betty</sub-title>
<desc lang="en">David Vu had to find Betty Banks before MKR would give him a look-in, but perhaps this time he is not only in it, he might actually win it. He certainly thinks so anyway. Cooking isn't the only thing the NSW pair have in common. They met in a body piercing parlour. So the trust is certainly there.(Australia, English)</desc>
<category lang="en">Cooking</category>
<category lang="en">Game Show</category>
<category lang="en">Real Life</category>
<episode-num system="xmltv_ns">2016.1.</episode-num>
<episode-num system="icetv">23989-244018</episode-num>
<video>
</video>
<rating system="">
<value>PG</value>
</rating>
</programme>
<programme channel="23" stop="20170201130000 +0000" start="20170201113000 +0000">
<sub-title lang="en">2017 - VIC - Karen And Ros</sub-title>
<desc lang="en">Close friends and fellow midwives Karen and Ros not only have their passion for their work in common, they're food lovers par excellence, and as for champagne....(Australia, English)</desc>
<episode-num system="xmltv_ns">2016.2.</episode-num>
<episode-num system="icetv">23989-244062</episode-num>
<video>
</video>
<rating system="">
<value>PG</value>
</rating>
</programme>
<programme channel="23" stop="20170205123000 +0000" start="20170205110000 +0000">
<sub-title lang="en">2017 - WA - Bek And Ash</sub-title>
<desc lang="en">We visit the music festival-inspired instant restaurant of best friends Bek and Ash. (Australia, English)</desc>
<episode-num system="xmltv_ns">2016.3.</episode-num>
<episode-num system="icetv">23989-244287</episode-num>
<video>
</video>
<rating system="">
<value>PG</value>
</rating>
</programme>

<programme channel="23" stop="20170131100000 +0000" start="20170131090000 +0000">
<title lang="en">The Chase Australia</title>
<desc lang="en">While general knowledge may be important to winning this competition, it is not necessarily the key. That would be the ability to stay one step ahead of The Chaser, an individual whose ability to answer questions is second to none; a genius in fact - and in facts. If you can beat them, you've got it made.(Australia, English)</desc>
<credits>
<actor>Andrew O'Keefe</actor>
</credits>
<date>2015</date>
<category lang="en">Education</category>
<category lang="en">Entertainment</category>
<episode-num system="icetv">41502-0</episode-num>
<video>
</video>
<rating system="">
<value>G</value>
</rating>
</programme>
<programme channel="23" stop="20170201100000 +0000" start="20170201090000 +0000">
<desc lang="en">While general knowledge may be important to winning this competition, it is not necessarily the key. That would be the ability to stay one step ahead of The Chaser, an individual whose ability to answer questions is second to none; a genius in fact - and in facts. If you can beat them, you've got it made.(Australia, English)</desc>
<credits>
</credits>
<date>2015</date>
<video>
</video>
<rating system="">
<value>G</value>
</rating>
</programme>
<programme channel="23" stop="20170202100000 +0000" start="20170202090000 +0000">
<credits>
</credits>
<date>2015</date>
<video>
</video>
<rating system="">
<value>G</value>
</rating>
</programme>

Edited by denz

blade005

@@blade005 have you had a chance to try the 289 beta? Did it resolve the not recording the 5:30am sessions with BBC News?

@@linds1234,

No.

I still have to set it to manually record every morning even though RECORD SERIES is selected. 287 beta corrected Charlie Rose on same channel.

linds1234

@@denz @@blade005,

Thanks for the updates guys.

If I schedule "My Kitchen Rules" as you have done @@denz, it will just schedule the first episode, so some progress there from 3.1.5. "The Chase Australia" gives me exactly the same behaviour as well.

Nope still not fixed only first episode is scheduled to record. Even when I change to record All Episodes still doesn't schedule them to be recorded.

Edited by denz

I need to see some sample xmltv data. can you find the entries for the episodes in question in your xml tv data? thanks.

linds1234

Hi @@Luke,

Sure..

This is an example for the show "Neighbours", which airs every weekday, Mon-Fri, from 6:30 - 7:00pm. On Channel "Eleven". This snippet is from the freepg.tv XML feed.

<programme start="20170127103000 +0000" stop="20170127110000 +0000" channel="Eleven">
<title>Neighbours</title>
<desc>
Follows the drama of residents in a ficticious suburban area of Melbourne called Ramsay Street, Erinsborough.
</desc>
<category>Soap Opera</category>
<category>Drama</category>
<category>Daytime</category>
<category>Drama Group</category>
<rating>
<value>G</value>
</rating>
<star-rating>
<value>0/10</value>
</star-rating>
</programme>

Here's the same show (an example taken from an episode airing a few days later by the looks of it), from the IceTV Feed:

<programme start="20170203103000 +0000" stop="20170203110000 +0000" channel="1698">
<date>1985</date>
<video>
</video>
<rating system="">
<value>G</value>
</rating>