NextPVR & EPG Collector

jordy
Go to solution Solved by jordy,

Hi folks, I've been using EPG Collector to produce an xml file for NextPVR and Emby and it's been working a treat up until now. EPG Collector has had a recent update in response to another user and it now outputs xml files with Categories and Genre combined in the same field eg "Category <Movie - Drama>" and "Category <Series - Comedy>" etc This is causing Emby to not color the guide and probably other stuff as well which I haven't picked up yet.

Is there any chance of Live TV & Guide recognising these "new" categories"?

thanks

Edited by jordy

Here is a couple of excerpts from the xml file:

<programme start="20161221034500 +1030" stop="20161221044600 +1030" channel="593">
    <title>Silent Witness</title>
    <sub-title>In a Lonely Place (2)</sub-title>
    <desc>Silent Witness</desc>
    <category>Series - Crime</category>
    <rating system="ACMA">
      <value>M</value>
    </rating>

<programme start="20161221223000 +1030" stop="20161222003500 +1030" channel="834">
    <title>Angel Heart</title>
    <desc>Harry Angel is a private investigator. He is hired by a man who calls himself Louis Cyphre to track down a singer called Johnny Favorite. But the investigation takes an unexpected and sombre turn. </desc>
    <category>Movie - Horror</category>
    <rating system="ACMA">
      <value>MA</value>
    </rating>

Well if you're using next pvr then emby is not seeing the data directly, so you'll want to request changes from npvr.

If you can supply a download link to one of your xmltv files, I'll check NextPVR is loading this genre info correctly.

If you can supply a download link to one of your xmltv files, I'll check NextPVR is loading this genre info correctly.

Hi @@sub3, Thanks for looking into this. Here is the link to my xml file. https://1drv.ms/u/s!AruErK64olrK7X-vXRIiRv-MgzgZ

Just to clarify, I don't use NPVR as a TV viewer on its own so I'm not concerned with the way that the NPVR guide is displayed - Genre colouring etc. In fact I have not configured NPVR to colour the guide at all. But I do use Emby to manage Live TV and recordings etc via the NPVR plugin and do use the Emby TV Guide in that respect. Before I installed the update to EPG Collector, the Emby TV guide used to colour all the Movies. This no longer happens and I believe it's because of the change in the xml files "Category" format. I have asked the EPG Collector dev to give me an option to revert the category changes, but am still awaiting his response. Thanks.

Hi @@sub3, Thanks for looking into this. Here is the link to my xml file. https://1drv.ms/u/s!AruErK64olrK7X-vXRIiRv-MgzgZ

Just to clarify, I don't use NPVR as a TV viewer on its own so I'm not concerned with the way that the NPVR guide is displayed - Genre colouring etc. In fact I have not configured NPVR to colour the guide at all. But I do use Emby to manage Live TV and recordings etc via the NPVR plugin and do use the Emby TV Guide in that respect. Before I installed the update to EPG Collector, the Emby TV guide used to colour all the Movies. This no longer happens and I believe it's because of the change in the xml files "Category" format. I have asked the EPG Collector dev to give me an option to revert the category changes, but am still awaiting his response. Thanks.

Yep, I get that - but I needed to check in NextPVR if it's happy with your xmltv file, and correctly loading in your genre (category). Yes it is, so Emby has this info available too.

ie, in this screenshot you'll see it has successfully pulled in the "Series - Crime" info from your epg collector files.

585b3202aa994_SilentWitness.png

Edited by sub3

Yes I see that too. However the guide is clearly not recognising Movies as such because that are not being coloured blue as they are supposed too. I think it's an emby issue but Luke doesn't think so...

Sent from my HUAWEI MT7-L09 using Tapatalk

Edit. This can be proven by looking at the emby guide for Ch44. The movies in the XML file for this channel have a category of Movie only without the genre added. And in the emby guide they are coloured blue but all other channels have the genre appended and there is no colouring for them...

Edited by jordy

Well I didn't say there wasn't an Emby issue. Your post zeroed in on the xml data and I pointed out that we don't examine that data directly.

Yes I see that too. However the guide is clearly not recognising Movies as such because that are not being coloured blue as they are supposed too. I think it's an emby issue but Luke doesn't think so...

Sent from my HUAWEI MT7-L09 using Tapatalk

Edit. This can be proven by looking at the emby guide for Ch44. The movies in the XML file for this channel have a category of Movie only without the genre added. And in the emby guide they are coloured blue but all other channels have the genre appended and there is no colouring for them...

Luke should be able to give you some diagnostic steps to perform on the Emby side of things to check why it's not being colored in the Emby guide.

• Solution

@@sub3 & @@Luke, as I indicated before, I have been in touch with the EPG Collector Dev and he has provided a fix for this which has been tested and works fine. An outstanding response on his part I must say, definitely worth a donation. So everything is back to normal at this point and I have a coloured guide again and Movies are now showing up in the Upcoming Movies section where they weren't before (except for the Ch44 listings).

Thank you both for looking at this in a timely manner.

Cheers

• Like 1