Steaming not working - Black screen or error

speedingcheetah

speedingcheetah

I posted about this issues before, but the forum seem to have been deleted.

I have been unable to stream Live Tv to any device.  I get " No compatible streams....error".  

I have refreshed the guide, restarted both sever and host computer.

Problem started occurring 2 days ago. I use mainly  Chrome to aces Emby.

When I don't get the error message, it loads the payer box as if it was going to stream the channel or file, but its is just a black screen, sometimes, only the audio will start playing, the controls on the bottom of the player are dashes likes nothing is loaded. 

It seems local media files that do not require transcoding play fine, but nothing else will.

The guide is accurate and recording works fine. I have recorded a few shows and was able to play back the recorded file with VLC just fine. But it will not play in Emby.

I attached what logs i could find.

Loga.txt

Log2.txt

Edited by speedingcheetah

blade005

I posted about this issues before, but the forum seem to have been deleted.

I have been unable to stream Live Tv to any device.  I get " No compatible streams....error".  

I have refreshed the guide, restarted both sever and host computer.

Problem started occurring 2 days ago. I use mainly  Chrome to aces Emby.

When I don't get the error message, it loads the payer box as if it was going to stream the channel or file, but its is just a black screen, sometimes, only the audio will start playing, the controls on the bottom of the player are dashes likes nothing is loaded. 

It seems local media files that do not require transcoding play fine, but nothing else will.

The guide is accurate and recording works fine. I have recorded a few shows and was able to play back the recorded file with VLC just fine. But it will not play in Emby.

I attached what logs i could find.

Did you try refreshing your GUIDE data in SCHEDULED TASKS as @@Luke suggested in the thread in the TESTING AREA discussing this?

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/41393-cant-stream-live-tv/

I had the same issue with Live TV and ran the Refresh GUIDE task as @@Luke suggested and it cleared up my issue with Live TV streaming.

speedingcheetah

Did you try refreshing your GUIDE data in SCHEDULED TASKS as @@Luke suggested in the thread in the TESTING AREA discussing this?

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/41393-cant-stream-live-tv/

I had the same issue with Live TV and ran the Refresh GUIDE task as @@Luke suggested and it cleared up my issue with Live TV streaming.

As I stated in the post......"I refreshed the guide."  meaning yes, I ran the task to refresh it. 

That does make the error dialog go away, but then the player loads to a black screen.  After a few attempts to play other channels, or files, the error dialog returns.

I don't want to refresh guide too often...Schedule direct will block u for a time if they detect to many attempts in one day..

I didn't see the forum for testing area....I have only ever posted here because that is where the link in the "How to Report Playback problems" links me to.  I also had no notification that my original post had been moved or where to find it...(I bookmarked it in Chrome, but page was gone) Thanks for the link to the right forum.  

Mods, feel free to move this to the right thread.

Edited by speedingcheetah