Metadata won't update

NemesisZeRo

You mention an End Date is that for the series screenshot above "American Horror Story"?  If so I would verify you have the proper external ids for the series in Metadata Manager.  A server log after refreshing a problem series would help also.

Today's log is 28MB for some reason so I could not attach it, download link here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/hr97763h3zopfj5/Log2.txt?dl=0

Yes, in the screenshot of Metadata Manager, you'll see that "American Horror Story" has an end date of 01/14/16 - for some reason Emby adds some arbitrary "end date" to a bunch of my shows.

edit:

Even after a full metadata refresh the date stays, I've attached a screenshot of "Star Wars Rebels" - you'll see an arbitrary end date of 02/23/16, this season doesn't even end until 12/10/16. I have no idea what's going on.

post-130816-0-34802000-1478826212_thumb.png

Edited by phi303

Happy2Play

What is your "Metadata downloaders" order for series?  Dashboard-Metadata-Customize for media type(drop-down)-Series

Edited by Happy2Play

So what ended up happening with the manual refresh? did that pull in the season numbers and allow the episodes to display?

So what ended up happening with the manual refresh? did that pull in the season numbers and allow the episodes to display?

If I throw media into a folder that starts a new season the episode will show up under "latest" but the new season does not appear and will not play remotely.

Going to metadata manager and manually refreshing the metadata on the show itself corrects this but only if I do it to the show individually. 

My test was the show "Humans": it didn't have any of season 2 yet, I added the three new episodes that have recently come out - waited for emby to recognize that there is new media (Kodi confirmed it) and then checked on the show page on my server. Only season 1 appeared even though there was clearly new episodes on the "latest" tab on emby. I then manually refreshed Humans in the metadata manager (did not delete the end date), and season 2 appeared on the Humans page with three episodes to choose from. 

So no, nothing has really changed but at least I have a workaround regardless of how annoying that is.

edit: attached log

Log.txt

Edited by phi303