Metadata won't update

NemesisZeRo

RanmaCanada

I am having a similar issue.  Supernatural and Eureka are being seen as their anime counterparts, yet all the info in the metadata is for the correct shows.  No matter what I do, it still puts the wrong info there.

I am having a similar issue.  Supernatural and Eureka are being seen as their anime counterparts, yet all the info in the metadata is for the correct shows.  No matter what I do, it still puts the wrong info there.

Please follow the problem reporting guidelines in how to report a problem. Thanks !

NemesisZeRo

Regarding the alienate movie, that's solved, the .nfo file was write protected.

About the I:\filmer\filmer not existing, is not true

idrive.jpg

It's there and healthy..

Group ONE

\

Edited by NemesisZeRo

Happy2Play

Are your drives local or mapped (or possibly spun down/offline)?  The library monitor shows "invalid" library path errors during startup.

Edited by Happy2Play

NemesisZeRo

Are your drives local or mapped (or possibly spun down/offline)? The library monitor shows "invalid" library path errors during startup.

Well if there is no activity, they will spinn down, but starts of course when somebody need something.. the drive letter is always available.

The server is however on a SSD drive.

Group ONE

Happy2Play

Well if there is no activity, they will spinn down, but starts of course when somebody need something.. the drive letter is always available.

The server is however on a SSD drive.

Group ONE

Sorry but a least the last log show Emby can't properly see these libraries at startup.

2016-11-09 10:12:52.0973 Error LibraryMonitor: Error watching path: I:\Dokument\Videos\Audials Converted Videos
	Katalognamnet I:\Dokument\Videos\Audials Converted Videos är ogiltigt.

2016-11-09 10:12:52.0973 Error LibraryMonitor: Error watching path: I:\-filmer\Serier
	Katalognamnet I:\-filmer\Serier är ogiltigt.

2016-11-09 10:12:52.0973 Error LibraryMonitor: Error watching path: I:\-filmer\Filmer
	Katalognamnet I:\-filmer\Filmer är ogiltigt.

NemesisZeRo

Sorry but a least the last log show Emby can't properly see these libraries at startup.

2016-11-09 10:12:52.0973 Error LibraryMonitor: Error watching path: I:\Dokument\Videos\Audials Converted Videos
	Katalognamnet I:\Dokument\Videos\Audials Converted Videos är ogiltigt.

2016-11-09 10:12:52.0973 Error LibraryMonitor: Error watching path: I:\-filmer\Serier
	Katalognamnet I:\-filmer\Serier är ogiltigt.

2016-11-09 10:12:52.0973 Error LibraryMonitor: Error watching path: I:\-filmer\Filmer
	Katalognamnet I:\-filmer\Filmer är ogiltigt.

That's strange.. really strange, they are there..

Everything worked on the previous version.

Hm, maybe I should remove everything regarding the server and reinstall everything..

I've learned over the years that if a gremlin starts to mess with you, a new start is the only solution..

I will say thanks for all the help.. I'll probably will be back [emoji51]

Group ONE

• Like 1

There is no need to reinstall Emby Server. That is not going to change the fact that your folders are inaccessible. 

NemesisZeRo

There is no need to reinstall Emby Server. That is not going to change the fact that your folders are inaccessible.

Something must have happened.. I mean all other software can access the files without any problems.. he*l i can even logon the server (remotely) and start streaming the movies without any problems.

Group ONE

Happy2Play

It looks more like a timing issue.  When the server starts up it notices the libraries are invalid/unaccessable but after a while they obviously become valid or it couldn't tell you that "Error reading existing xml tags from I:\-filmer\Filmer\xxx.

It could be an issue of timing, for example starting the server when storage isn't ready. Also, yes, simple read access is fine but that's not what this thread is about. We're talking about saving metadata and that requires write access.

I too am having a metadata issue. Looking through the logs I don't seem to have the same write permissions issue as OP. 

My server doesn't seem to want to update metadata but new episodes do show up without "real" association (sorry if that doesn't make sense).

I'm going to use "American Horror Story" as an example: I've attached both a log and a few screenshots.

The first screenshot the server shows that a new episode from the new season is available as "next up" but the season associated with that new episode does not show up, nor does it show up in metadata manager.

The second screenshot is where I land if I follow the "Season 6" breadcrumb (next to the show title): again there are episodes available there but there's a lot of missing data.

This isn't really much of a problem when I'm viewing content locally (on Kodi) but trying to view remotely (on the android app) it is a huge issue. It seems that if there it isn't in the metadata content cannot be played remotely.

The last screenshot is of the metadata manager, there is no "Season 6".

Log.txt

post-130816-0-47194400-1478756429_thumb.png

post-130816-0-00311500-1478756463_thumb.png

post-130816-0-39200200-1478756848_thumb.png

I too am having a metadata issue. Looking through the logs I don't seem to have the same write permissions issue as OP. 

My server doesn't seem to want to update metadata but new episodes do show up without "real" association (sorry if that doesn't make sense).

I'm going to use "American Horror Story" as an example: I've attached both a log and a few screenshots.

The first screenshot the server shows that a new episode from the new season is available as "next up" but the season associated with that new episode does not show up, nor does it show up in metadata manager.

The second screenshot is where I land if I follow the "Season 6" breadcrumb (next to the show title): again there are episodes available there but there's a lot of missing data.

This isn't really much of a problem when I'm viewing content locally (on Kodi) but trying to view remotely (on the android app) it is a huge issue. It seems that if there it isn't in the metadata content cannot be played remotely.

Hi, interesting. What does the folder structure for that series look like? have you tried running a library scan?

NemesisZeRo

Did this work prior to the newest version?

Mine worked before..

I think I installed .83, and then .84 and .85 came quickly after each other.

Then all the problem started for me..

Group ONE

Did this work prior to the newest version?

Mine worked before..

I think I installed .83, and then .84 and .85 came quickly after each other.

Then all the problem started for me..

Group ONE

These are two completely different issues so I wouldn't take too much stock into it.

Hi, interesting. What does the folder structure for that series look like? have you tried running a library scan?

The folder structure is Series>episodes

Each season does not have their own folder, is that an issue?

Edited by phi303

The folder structure is Series>episodes

Each season does not have their own folder, is that an issue?

Can we see a screenshot of that series folder? thanks !

Can we see a screenshot of that series folder? thanks !

yes of course. attached below.

this isn't the only series that this happens to, it's nearly everything.

post-130816-0-26938500-1478791241_thumb.png

Have you tried running a library scan? when you first import the episode file does it already come with an nfo or is there none?

Have you tried running a library scan? when you first import the episode file does it already come with an nfo or is there none?

Yes I have run library scan multiple times.

Info file is generated by the emby server - I just drop in the media by itself. 

I noticed that in the series that there's a specified "end date" and for some reason that field seems to have been automatically populated, if I delete the end date and then refresh the metadata, it seems to fix the issue for that one series.

is there a way for me to batch delete "end date:"?

It's not related to end date, it's just related to the act of refreshing. if you do that for now it may help fill in those missing season numbers. I will look into why that's not happening on the import. thanks.

It's not related to end date, it's just related to the act of refreshing. if you do that for now it may help fill in those missing season numbers. I will look into why that's not happening on the import. thanks.

Thank you. Is there a way to mass update the metadata or do I have to go into each individual series and manually refresh?

Edit: I also do not use the automatic import because that feature doesn't seem to work correctly for me, I manually drop new media into their folders. (if that's any help).

Edited by phi303

Yes, use the metadata manager tool and just select a top level folder and then refresh that folder. Please note, there will be no way to monitor the process but it will do the job. You may just want to let it go for a couple hours.

• Like 1

Happy2Play

Yes I have run library scan multiple times.

Info file is generated by the emby server - I just drop in the media by itself. 

I noticed that in the series that there's a specified "end date" and for some reason that field seems to have been automatically populated, if I delete the end date and then refresh the metadata, it seems to fix the issue for that one series.

is there a way for me to batch delete "end date:"?

You mention an End Date is that for the series screenshot above "American Horror Story"?  If so I would verify you have the proper external ids for the series in Metadata Manager.  A server log after refreshing a problem series would help also.