Metadata won't update

NemesisZeRo

NemesisZeRo

I've got a problem.

I'm a newbie, at this anyway..

Suddenly the metadata isn't updating...

As you can see in the attached screenshot the marked file is not supposed to be there, there are only directories in there.

However, the last directory I created is not there on the list.., and that I created for a few days ago.

I even tried to remove the library and create a new one, but the same error.

I've even tried the refresh in metadata manager, but I only got up that it's placed in queued.

.. But nothing happens..

Anybody got any ideas?

8e90b0b479e713421d5c56966ac71d12.jpg

Group ONE

Edited by NemesisZeRo

NemesisZeRo

Well, it seems to me that the metadata hasn't been updated correctly, and it didn't seem to been removed when I removed the "movies" media folder..

It also don't update new files, so I guess something has frozen.

Is there anyway to manually force the server to recheck, or can I do a manual removing of the metadata to force it to rescan..

As I wrote earlier, I'm a total newbie to this.

Group ONE

Hi, I'm trying to help you by asking for more detail. That's really the best approach if you want to actually solve it.

NemesisZeRo

Hi, I'm trying to help you by asking for more detail. That's really the best approach if you want to actually solve it.

I'm sorry, sometimes my ADD and dyslexics ( plus this isn't my native language) makes me rush things.

I'm linking to a http://dropbox.gr1.se/0.log logfile be during my attempt to refresh the metadata..

Group ONE

Happy2Play

Looks like you have a network issue, since the connections to Emby, TMDB, and Fanart fail "Error HttpClient: Error getting response from".

NemesisZeRo

Looks like you have a network issue, since the connections to Emby, TMDB, and Fanart fail "Error HttpClient: Error getting response from".

Strange, I'm not aware of any network problem, I have a direct line to the fibre socket.. and it worked in the previous version...

Group ONE

NemesisZeRo

I've just checked, and found no problems with the computer accessing the net, and the server works, I.e I can access it remotely, streaming works.

And since it updated to the .84 on oct 31, and .85 on the 5 Nov, and everything worked fine until the last update, I must guess that the error is somewhere in the server.

Nothing else has been installed/uninstalled or modified since that..

Is there anyway to "clean out" all cache, meta, data (except the configuration stuff)?

Group ONE

NemesisZeRo

Could you post one more server log.

Sure, later, I've tried changing firewall, and might be onto something, but it takes a while, because remote controlling a computer and messing with the firewall at the same time can be very hazardous

Group ONE

NemesisZeRo

I've just been reading older logs, and this problem with http error didn't occur with the older version.

I'm attaching a new short logfile, this is from a reboot and a few minutes in during a metadata refresh request.

http://Dropbox.gr1.se/boot.log

Group ONE

Happy2Play

This one shows invalid libraries at the beginning, so I assume the server is up before they are available.  Then your are getting "Access Denied" when trying to write new metadata.

Look like there are multiple access denied, here is one.

2016-11-08 18:30:43.3659 Error ProviderManager: Error in metadata saver
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 3.0.8500.0
	Command line: C:\Users\Jobe\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
	Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1
	Processor count: 4
	64-Bit OS: True
	64-Bit Process: True
	Program data path: C:\Users\Jobe\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server
	Application Path: C:\Users\Jobe\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
	Åtkomst till sökvägen I:\-filmer\Filmer\A B C\Alienate.2016.HDRip.XviD.AC3-EVO\Alienate.2016.HDRip.XviD.AC3-EVO.nfo nekas.
	System.UnauthorizedAccessException
	   vid System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
	   vid System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
	   vid System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize)
	   vid CommonIO.ManagedFileSystem.GetFileStream(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Boolean isAsync)
	   vid MediaBrowser.XbmcMetadata.Savers.BaseNfoSaver.SaveToFile(Stream stream, String path)
	   vid MediaBrowser.XbmcMetadata.Savers.BaseNfoSaver.Save(IHasMetadata item, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   vid MediaBrowser.Providers.Manager.ProviderManager.<SaveMetadata>d__47.MoveNext()
Edited by Happy2Play

NemesisZeRo

I've unchecked the autostart in the server and are starting it as a service with a 20 seconds delay.

Maybe isn't long enough..

Group ONE

NemesisZeRo

Tomorrow I'll stop the autostart and start it manually after the system is finished booting everything..

Group ONE

Not only are there download failures, but there are also metadata saving failures. So it appears you have enabled saving of metadata within media folders, but Emby Server may not have write access to those locations:

2016-11-07 19:51:51.2554 Error ProviderManager: Error in metadata saver
	*** Error Report ***
	Command line: C:\Users\Jobe\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
	Application Path: C:\Users\Jobe\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
	Åtkomst till sökvägen I:\-filmer\Filmer\A B C\Alienate.2016.HDRip.XviD.AC3-EVO\Alienate.2016.HDRip.XviD.AC3-EVO.nfo nekas.

NemesisZeRo

Found the error regarding the alienate movie, the .nfo file was already existing, and not created by the server. + It's was write protected, probably buy the one created the .nfo file.

There should the server overwrite the existing file. (My opinion)

But that don't explain the metadata error.

But now, right now i checked the installation directory of emby server, I found 15'407 folders with the write protected activated, this wouldn't maybe be a reason?

Group ONE

Edited by NemesisZeRo

The file is readonly and you think the server should circumvent that? I don't think that's a great idea.

NemesisZeRo

The file is readonly and you think the server should circumvent that? I don't think that's a great idea.

Well if the server should work fine, in the.nfo file-case in think it would at least rename the file in order to create the info it need to maintain a working server.

Then,of course, I can see the danger in doing that.. but my question is still there, should all directories in the emby server installation directory be write protected?

Group ONE

Happy2Play

Well if the server should work fine, in the.nfo file-case in think it would at least rename the file in order to create the info it need to maintain a working server.

Then,of course, I can see the danger in doing that.. but my question is still there, should all directories in the emby server installation directory be write protected?

Group ONE

If they were write protected then how would the databases or config files update with changes?

NemesisZeRo

If they were write protected then how would the databases or config files update with changes?

Maybe the server got a note from his mother? that's why I wonder how the h*ll they got that way..

Group ONE

Happy2Play

The files in question are in your libraries not the "emby server installation directory", if you want to save and update metadata and images with media, Emby needs write access. 

If you corrected the files in question, then you will need to post another log showing the issue.

• Like 1

Because your folders can no longer be reached:

2016-11-09 10:12:52.0973 Error LibraryMonitor: Error watching path: I:\-filmer\Filmer
	*** Error Report ***
	Katalognamnet I:\-filmer\Filmer är ogiltigt.
	System.ArgumentException

but my question is still there, should all directories in the emby server installation directory be write protected?

Group ONE

In my example, this file is not in the emby installation directory, it's in your media directory: