Shield 3.3 Update

MSattler

By the way, i also get only PCM now for all my files.

I do not know what happened, if it has to do with the 3.3 update on my shield or with the emby app update to the latest beta...

Does anyone know how to get passthrough back?

mastrmind11

I updated to 3.3 yesterday and watched a movie with DTS-HD MA and my pre-amp was reporting it as such.  I watched another movie with plain DTS and my pre-amp also reported it as such.  I've not seen PCM on anything since the update.

I updated to 3.3 yesterday and watched a movie with DTS-HD MA and my pre-amp was reporting it as such.  I watched another movie with plain DTS and my pre-amp also reported it as such.  I've not seen PCM on anything since the update.

This is strange since the android app does not even support HD audio formats (i thought)...?

What video player are u using

Edited by m-joy

mastrmind11

This is strange since the android app does not even support HD audio formats (i thought)...?

What video player are u using

SPMC.  

Okay SPMC, kodi and mx player work with audio passtru, also hd audio. The problem with mx player is that the refresh rate switch does not work. Using spmc or kodi is a litttle bit weird to me...

The build in emby player sux, passthrough no more working for me, hd audio neither

Hi thank you. Archos player using passthrough methode 2 and enabling refresh rate switch is the only solution so far for me to have hd audio passtrough and refresh rate switching working with emby...

but the solution is not force to use external player, emby should fix the HD Audio bitstream problem, plex, kodi, smpc, Archos"never try it" but they all work

MSattler

but the solution is not force to use external player, emby should fix the HD Audio bitstream problem, plex, kodi, smpc, Archos"never try it" but they all work

Good Luck!   All you will get is PCM is just as good as letting your receiver decode it.   I am happily living in Plex for movie playback at home now.   Only use Emby remotely for live TV.

Yes that is true. But I am happy that at least it is working now somehow.

Emby is actually better then plex in my opinion, if they would get that android app to state of the art. Working on windows is also better with emby...

Problem is that the more updates coming, the less things work lol. I remember that passtrhough was working some time ago.

Anyway, I like the enthusiasm of emby team at least trying to get it done, this is why i ordered emby premiere now ;)

Maybe they take that money to buy an android shield TV for debugging ;)

CBers

Anyway, I like the enthusiasm of emby team at least trying to get it done, this is why i ordered emby premiere now ;)

Maybe they take that money to buy an android shield TV for debugging ;)

They already have them.

Which version of the ATV app are you running ??

CBers

What do you mean with "them"? I am on shield 3.3 Software and emby app is the latest from beta channel. I think it is 1.2.77g?

The developers already have Shield TVs.

I remember that passtrhough was working some time ago.

Bitstreaming of the standard audio codecs still does work (AC3, DTS).

HD Audio has never been supported in this app (yet).

• 3 weeks later...

Hi @@m-joy

The latest beta version of the Emby app offers improved playback, refresh rate switching, and all the HD Audio pass-through you need. Check out the beta thread for more details:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/42239-android-tv-beta-13x/

We think you'll enjoy the next update to the stable channel. Thanks !