Multiple Resolutions of same movie [SD/HD]

naeonline

bfahner

Ahh thats why.. Any chance you could work this out in one of the near releases? I have a script running that allows me to "prep" episodes. My HW isn't strong enough to do so on the fly. 

Anyway, thanks for clearing that up :)

Cheers,

Bauke 

The latest beta has pooling of series and seasons, but not yet episodes. but at least they all show up together.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
adam.niescierowicz

Hi,

i have question regarding library scanning for multiversion movies. From what i have read so far you are creating multi version videos using filenames. 

Why don't you use information from NFO files that you create upon library scan. In NFO files are information like: 

• imdbid and tmdbid - you can group video files using this information
  • fileinfo with width/height and bitrate - you can use this for video version

Hi,

i have question regarding library scanning for multiversion movies. From what i have read so far you are creating multi version videos using filenames. 

Why don't you use information from NFO files that you create upon library scan. In NFO files are information like: 

• imdbid and tmdbid - you can group video files using this information
  • fileinfo with width/height and bitrate - you can use this for video version

Well for one, what if there is no imdbid or tmdbid? That's why we use something more primitive such as the file name.

Second, we don't read file info from nfo's. We need accurate media info in order to ensure features will work properly and therefore we can't trust user-created content.

adam.niescierowicz

Well for one, what if there is no imdbid or tmdbid? That's why we use something more primitive such as the file name.

If we don't have imdbid or tmdbid this mean that we need to manualy add movie metadata to emby, yes? if we need to add metadata manualy we can add multiversion data or the movie will be separate file.

Second, we don't read file info from nfo's. We need accurate media info in order to ensure features will work properly and therefore we can't trust user-created content.

I'm thinking about NFO files created by emby. I believe that we can trust this data.

Do music videos support multiversion?

If the content is user-editable, which nfo's are, then we can't consider them trusted. It looks like the feature is not enabled for music videos but we can try enabling it for the next release, thanks.

adam.niescierowicz
It seems to me that it mistakenly used the name of NFO. I'm thinking about internal metadata in emby.

If the content is user-editable, which nfo's are, then we can't consider them trusted. 

If we allow users to change data, then we trust him to do it correctly.If not, why do we allow the user to change the data?

It looks like the feature is not enabled for music videos but we can try enabling it for the next release, thanks.

Very thanks, if i'm using beta release, when i can update?

adam.niescierowicz

Is there a way to preserve original filename and use multiversion?

My file structure would be like this "RootDIR/Year.Month/Name of the movie/file"

I think that original filename is very important thing, there are information about:
  • source video - Remux, BDRip, DVD, TS, ...
  • audioformat - like Multi language, 
  • file creator

adam.niescierowicz

Have you checked out our wiki in regards to multi-version naming?

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Movie%20naming

Thanks !

I have read the wiki before, I see that at this moment it is required to rename the file. So at the same time the loss of some kind of video publisher information or image source.

At this moment it is no longer a problem.
For those who do not want to lose the file name. You can save the file name in the container video metadata as a comment.

Luke thanks for the help.

• 2 months later...
adam.niescierowicz

Hi,

to @@Luke, Can you add multiversion across two library?

My situation:

Because Emby addon for kodi does not support multi version. I'm choose appropriate video library access in user settings. 

I created two main directory one Video.highbitrate and second Video.lowbitrate.

I want that users with better internet connection have access to both library. I created one account with such configuration but video isn't show with two version. I checked this in emby web interface.