Guide desynchronization between what is highlighted and what is actually selected

FordGT90Concept
Go to solution Solved by FordGT90Concept,

FordGT90Concept

Sometimes there is a disconnect between what you have highlighted and what is *really* highlighted in the code behind. I haven't yet figured out what triggers them to get disconnected but it may have something to do with quickly moving between channels and/or using mouse + remote control. On that note, mouse could scroll but it couldn't select anything.

This is as of the current beta (updated a few hours ago).

Edited by FordGT90Concept

FordGT90Concept

Yeah, wireless mouse plugged into Leelbox mostly used for navigating websites.

There's other desynchronization issues too spread across many apps/programs. For example, when I delete a recording from a real-time monitored folder, the UI doesn't tend to immediately reflect that.  In Android TV, if you click to record a program and decide you don't want to record it, clicking on it again there is no cancel button.  You have to back out of the guide to force an update from the server then the cancel option will appear on the recording.

How this app reacts to a mouse is going to be unknown because it simply isn't an interface the framework is expecting.

As for the cancel button after setting a recording, I cannot reproduce that with our built-in Live TV.  Are you using an external service?  Some of those take a while to report back that the recording is set.

FordGT90Concept

External service?  Just using stable Emby Server (running as a Windows Service), Schedules Direct guide information, and HDHomeRun CONNECT tuners.  Server maintains everything.  The process:
​1. Set something to record in the future via the guide.

2. Open it again in the guide to cancel that recording (because it was set by mistake).

3. If it matches what I'm seeing, the cancel option won't be available.  If you back out of guide then go back into the guide forcing refresh, you should now be able to click on it and see the cancel option.

I might actually be picking up on a trend now in Emby Home Theater where, when the directory refreshes, it kicks me back to the main menu.  Basically, I delete a recording I just watched then regardless if I'm looking for something else to watch or have started something else, about five-ten seconds later I'm back at the main menu and what I deleted is gone.  That said, this Home Theater install is pretty old so the latest version may handle it better...

​1. Set something to record in the future via the guide.

2. Open it again in the guide to cancel that recording (because it was set by mistake).

3. If it matches what I'm seeing, the cancel option won't be available.  If you back out of guide then go back into the guide forcing refresh, you should now be able to click on it and see the cancel option.

I just did this exact operation and, when I clicked on it the second time the first option was "Cancel Recording" and the screen also indicated that this item would record.  Then clicked the cancel button and came right back and the button had changed back to "Record".

So, something in your system must be responding slower than mine.

I might actually be picking up on a trend now in Emby Home Theater where, when the directory refreshes, it kicks me back to the main menu.  Basically, I delete a recording I just watched then regardless if I'm looking for something else to watch or have started something else, about five-ten seconds later I'm back at the main menu and what I deleted is gone.  That said, this Home Theater install is pretty old so the latest version may handle it better...

We are talking about Android TV here, right...?

FordGT90Concept

Response time should be <20ms.  I assume you're running development/beta server where I'm running stable.  Maybe it's already fixed and I just need to wait until it is pushed to stable...

I wasn't talking Android TV there so...off-topic.  I'll have to create a separate thread in the appropriate place if that trend continues.

• 4 weeks later...
FordGT90Concept

Using the latest beta, this is still an issue and I'm pretty sure it is related to the numeric sort order.  My 9.1, 9.2, 9.3, and 9.4 are out of order when sorting:
​9.4 Bounce

9.2 Escape

9.1 ABC HD

9.3 Laff

I wanted to watch 9.1 ABC HD and in the guide, I click on the program that is on now (the local news) then OK twice to tune to it.  It gave me the 9.3 Laff channel.  I tried it again and it gave me the 9.2 Escape channel.  The third time, I did 4.1 NBC HD because that one is in order and never has problems.

Attached is the server log from the day that happened (after 10 pm local time).  I will submit the logs from the device shortly...

Side note: it would really be nice if those channels had the correct sort order.

log.zip

• 1 month later...
  • Solution
FordGT90Concept

I believe this is fixed in 1.3 and I also noticed the 9 channels above are in correct order now.