3.0.8000 Library Issue

diaz1510

Happy2Play

Okay, first shut down the server.  Navigate to your system.xml C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\config.

Open the system.xml and go to <ContentTypes /> near the bottom, you will need to add mapping like my example and save.

<ContentTypes>
    <NameValuePair>
      <Name>\\MediaServerPC\your path\A</Name>
      <Value>tvshows</Value>
    </NameValuePair>
  </ContentTypes>
<ContentTypes>
    <NameValuePair>
      <Name>\\MediaServerPC\your path\B</Name>
      <Value>tvshows</Value>
    </NameValuePair>
  </ContentTypes>
<ContentTypes>
    <NameValuePair>
      <Name>\\MediaServerPC\your path\C</Name>
      <Value>tvshows</Value>
    </NameValuePair>
  </ContentTypes>

and so on

Start server-perform a library scan

You many need to clean up some rogue metadata in your A-Z folders.

Happy2Play

I would do them all, even if some may not be affected, they may get misidentified in the future.

When this gets resolved (in a future release) all this can be done by changing content type of affected folder structure in the Metadata Manager.

Edited by Happy2Play

diaz1510

Wow, looking at that file was interesting.  There was not one single content type that was correct.  Here is an example of what I corrected it to:

<ContentTypes>
    <NameValuePair>
      <Name>I:\0-9</Name>
      <Value>tvshows</Value>
    </NameValuePair>
    <NameValuePair>
      <Name>I:\A</Name>
      <Value>tvshows</Value>
    </NameValuePair>
    <NameValuePair>
      <Name>I:\B</Name>
      <Value>tvshows</Value>
    </NameValuePair>

Should I be using "\\MediaServerPC\TV Shows 01\A" or "I:\A" The "I" drive is "\\MediaServerPC\TV Shows 01"

Happy2Play

Well to me that would say there is an issue with your local/mapped path if they are already present.  Could there be a permissions issue that has presented it self.  Not knowing OS and setup this is just a guess.

You may want to check or post a log file to look for permissions issues.

Sorry you said corrected to.  Local path should suffice.

Edited by Happy2Play

diaz1510

I would do them all, even if some may not be affected, they may get misidentified in the future.

When this gets resolved (in a future release) all this can be done by changing content type of affected folder structure in the Metadata Manager.

Wow!  GOT IT!!!  Man, that was a pain but it's now ALL GOOD.  Hours on end trying to get some help, you come on board and an hour later I'm up and running!  Doing it manually worked.  I did have to go clean some of those rogue nfo files but it's all good now.  I just realized I'm still on the beta server...man I'm scared to go back to the stable one LOL.

Happy2Play

Well you could make a backup of your system.xml just in case, but you shouldn't have any issues reverting back to stable.

Natilus13

My library is beyond broken as well. I've been a longtime user but am almost ready to give on Emby and move to something else. I'v just had so many problems lately.

@Happy2Ply, I wanted to try  your suggestion in post 51 but I don't have that directory. Under  C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\ I have the following folders:

Emby Theater

Emby.Theater

Emby-InstallLogs

Emby-Theater

MediaBrowser-Classic

MediaBrowser-InstallLogs

MediaBrowser-Server

I thought maybe the file was in MediaBrowser-Server but I don't see it.

Happy2Play

Since you are on a legacy (old) installation it would be your Mediabrowser-Server\config folder.  Do you mind posting a server log.

In most cases this is probably going to be due to having tvshow.nfo files in folders that aren't series folders. That was really the only thing was changed related to this.

• Like 1

In most cases this is probably going to be due to having tvshow.nfo files in folders that aren't series folders. That was really the only thing was changed related to this.

Boom!  My library was hosed the last few days (and I don't have a complex folder structure).  Could not work out why, I changed versions from beta to stable etc. nothing worked... then I saw this post, went looking for a rogue tvshow.nfo file; deleted it and VOILA!  fixed.  thank you. thank you. 

diaz1510

Boom!  My library was hosed the last few days (and I don't have a complex folder structure).  Could not work out why, I changed versions from beta to stable etc. nothing worked... then I saw this post, went looking for a rogue tvshow.nfo file; deleted it and VOILA!  fixed.  thank you. thank you. 

Sweet!  yeah for me it was a combination of those rogue nfo files and I had accidentally switched content type of TV shows to inherit after my upgrade, but was unable to switch it back to TV since that option box suddenly disappeared.  Had to go manually into my system.xml file to clean it up...I noticed there were a lot of older entries and mis-identified directories in mine.  Once I cleaned it up and re-scanned the library, all was good...big thanks to @@Happy2Play

Edited by diaz1510

Natilus13

Since you are on a legacy (old) installation it would be your Mediabrowser-Server\config folder.  Do you mind posting a server log.

I've found the file and made the changes you suggested. It didn't make any difference. I did find a rouge tv.nfo file in one of my TV Series directories. I have no idea where it came from. It was for the "Smothers Brothers", not a show I've ever had. I deleted it as well but still have the same problem that the majority of my library just isn't showing anywhere other than in the Metadata Manager. I tried installing the Beta update. Still nothing seemed different, even after running a library scan after each of these steps.

I ended up deciding to just leave things until now. I opened Emby Theater, and suddenly everything is back the way it should be. Not sure what happened between this morning when I left things and now but at least it is working.

Thanks

Edited by Natilus13

Lighthammer

@@Lighthammer - you will probably want to double check that you don't have a tvshow.nfo file sitting in your Star Trek folder.

No go.

I deleted all the tvshow.nfos in my entire collections folder and rescanned.

It still shows any show in that collections folder as the top folder despite being mapped TO that folder.

Happy2Play

No go.

It still shows any show in that collections folder as the top folder despite being mapped TO that folder.

Looking at your screenshot of libraries, you shouldn't need any of this since your library points to that folder.  Is that not the case?

No go.

What is the content type that you have set on the library?

PenkethBoy

i am seeing this on Stable as well just created a new library for TV which had been used as a library before

in root of library - besides directories only two other files - folder.jpg and a text file - this folder gets a TVshow.nfo created today

in subdirectory (TV Show) - i now have two nfo's - Season - created today and TVShow created back in September when i used the directory as a test library

in Season directory - i have a season nfo created today

looks to me as if the path to save the files is out by one directory? and the root is assumed to be a tvshow by default - or some logic problem etc

Lighthammer

Looking at your screenshot of libraries, you shouldn't need any of this since your library points to that folder.  Is that not the case?

Again, DESPITE pointing directly to the correct folder, Emby is combining EVERYTHING in the next up folder as that "series"

That next up folder is *NOT* Declared anywhere.

Example:

D:\Shared\Series\Collections\Star Trek Collection\ <--- Defined Folder

D:\Shared\Series\Collections\ <--- Items in this Directory are shown as a Series. This directory is NOT defined anywhere in Libraries.

Using the Star Trek example again:

Despite Emby Libraries pointing to the folder the series are in, it combines all the series as seasons under "Star Trek Collections".

I have this problem with EVERYTHING that is in a Collection Folder that the Library points to that Collection Folder that is a TV Series.

What is the content type that you have set on the library?

TV.

Edited by Lighthammer

Same issue here. TV Show episodes are all lumped together. Makes TV shows now impossible to watch. Please fix this! I'm traveling and now can't watch my stuff.

Same issue here. TV Show episodes are all lumped together. Makes TV shows now impossible to watch. Please fix this! I'm traveling and now can't watch my stuff.

Hi, can you show a screenshot of the folders in your file system? thanks.

Hi, can you show a screenshot of the folders in your file system? thanks.

I took another look and I did have an .nfo file in my root TV Shows directory. I deleted it and re-scanned my library and it it looks like things are back to normal. Thanks for the help.

stettler

Wasn't there a possibility to put a "folder.xml" file into folders that contains sub-folders once? I still have stuff like this but I don't know if that's still used or not:

folder.xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>
<Item>
  <Added>08.06.2014 18:01:51</Added>
  <LockData>false</LockData>
  <Type>Folder</Type>
  <LocalTitle>a</LocalTitle>
</Item>