3.0.8000 Library Issue

diaz1510

Happy2Play

This is the exact issue for Complex Folder structure.  Testing on current dev the option still isn't there.  Only solution I have found is manual editing, but this will get resolved in another release.

What was the previous version you were on?

Lighthammer

So, this bug is much more sever then just a few miss-sorted things:

The way my server is setup is I have anything that is part of a collection within a collection of that type.

Movies are in Movie Collection Folders

Series are in Series Collection Folders

(the two do not intermingle) 

So:

-> Series

---> Collections

------> Star Trek

----------> Star Trek TOS

----------> Star Trek DS9

----------> Star Trek Voyager

----------> ...

-> Movies

---> Collections

------> Star Trek Original Movies

----------> Star Trek 1

----------> Star Trek 2

----------> Star Trek 3

----------> ...

etc

That being said, under LIBRARIES in Emby Configuration, I simply map the folder "\\Series\Collections\Star Trek\" or "\\Movies\Collections\Star Trek Original Movies\"

Emby is now showing every series of Star Trek as an Episode of Star Trek. It's not obeying what's mapped and instead is looking at "\\Series\Collections\" despite zero changes to the hierarchy or settings.

This is an absolute mess.

Edited by Lighthammer

Happy2Play

The way my server is setup is I have anything that is part of a collection within a collection of that type.

So:

-> Series

---> Collections

------> Star Trek

----------> ...

-> Movies

---> Collections

----------> Star Trek 1

----------> Star Trek 2

----------> Star Trek 3

----------> ...

etc

That being said, under LIBRARIES in Emby Configuration, I simply map the folder "\\Series\Collections\Star Trek\" or "\\Movies\Collections\Star Trek Original Movies\"

Emby is now showing every series of Star Trek as an Episode of Star Trek. It's not obeying what's mapped and instead is looking at "\\Series\Collections\" despite zero changes to the hierarchy or settings.

Can you post a server log.

diaz1510

This is the exact issue for Complex Folder structure.  Testing on current dev the option still isn't there.  Only solution I have found is manual editing, but this will get resolved in another release.

What was the previous version you were on?

diaz1510

So:

-> Series

---> Collections

------> Star Trek

----------> ...

-> Movies

---> Collections

----------> Star Trek 1

----------> Star Trek 2

----------> Star Trek 3

----------> ...

etc

I agree, it's turned my library inside out...

I think you are having the same issue as me, within the metadata manager, when I click on a show, it's just a long list of ALL the shows episodes, not being separated by seasons at all

diaz1510

That's why I suggested using the recommended tv structure which is adding the path to your library in which the series folders are directly underneath. You are of course free to take other approaches, but the primary one is what most people are using and gets the most testing.

Your idea as far as content type goes is probably OK.

Okay, maybe I am misunderstanding you then, because I keep telling you I AM DOING YOUR METHOD AND IT ISN"T WORKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I feel like we are just going back and forth on this.  You keep telling me to try something that I AM trying and I'm telling you iot isn't working but you keep telling me to try the same thing.

Unless I'm the slow one here (which is also possible) and just not understanding what you are trying to tell me.

Edited by diaz1510

You haven't yet explained what that means. I don't know what kind of issue you're trying to convey by "not working".

Happy2Play

So are you saying you need to have a "Mixed Content" type library now and not TV?

diaz1510

My folder structure currently IS as recommended in the Complex Folder Structure....and I gave you a step-by-step, play-by-play of what is not working in response #20 of this thread, please go back to that.  I can repeat it if you like, but I really hate repeating myself.

LOL, I'm just shaking my hands at the sky right now...why o why am I devoting almost my entire day to this? I just want my old Emby setup back lol

Edited by diaz1510

My folder structure currently IS as recommended in the Complex Folder Structure....and I gave you a step-by-step, play-by-play of what is not working in response #20 of this thread, please go back to that.  I can repeat it if you like, but I really hate repeating myself.

LOL, I'm just shaking my hands at the sky right now...why o why am I devoting almost my entire day to this? I just want my old Emby setup back lol

Sorry, I missed post #20. I would try that again except this time just do the A folder to make the test quicker. If the A folder already appears in another Emby library remove it (either directly or via parent folder). Also check the A folder for an errant tvshow.nfo file and remove that. Then add the new TV library with the A folder and scan.

diaz1510

Already tried with just one folder, same issue

I still have my original TV media library which also has the same folders in it.  I cannot just take out one folder as the entire drive is listed as a folder within the library.  I don't want to delete that library because I fear I may make the situation worse. I am now gunshy about making any more major changes because every time I do, it gets worse.   I wanted to run just a quick test library to see if it works.

How bout you just fix that freaking content type issue real quick, and release 3.0.8001 with just that fix for now...it looks to me like this is becoming a problem with quite a few ppl on the forum since this update

Edited by diaz1510

diaz1510

OK, I want to try the Beta thing and then go back to Stable.  it's been awhile but I can't seem to find in the dashboard where the option is to change the update level (Stable, Beta, Dev).  I remember it being there...I must be missing it...

You just install from the website. But if happy2 is right than you won't see the option yet there either. I'll put up another beta soon.

Happy2Play

OK, I want to try the Beta thing and then go back to Stable.  it's been awhile but I can't seem to find in the dashboard where the option is to change the update level (Stable, Beta, Dev).  I remember it being there...I must be missing it...

It was removed, you just install the level you want now from download page.

diaz1510

Got it...but more freakin problems..

Installed it, went to metadata manager, and I STILL don't have the option to change the folder content type from inherit to TV....

Lighthammer

57fff8005e90c_SP1.png

57fff86256b73_SP3.png57fff81a91071_SP2.png

I'm on 3.0.8000 now and before that i was on the direct previous version; I think it was 3.0.7300.

I'm confused why this was hard to understand from the previous post. I was quiet clear.

Edited by Lighthammer

Happy2Play

If the library is "unset" you have the content type options.  But this is about content type TV and complex folder structure so the option needs added back to TV.  Or it require the user to manually add/map that folder in the system.xml.

Happy2Play

Unless all the mapping was erased all of this should have already been done in previous builds.

<ContentTypes>
    <NameValuePair>
      <Name>C:\Users\media\Desktop\Video Test\New Stuff\Action</Name>
      <Value>tvshows</Value>
    </NameValuePair>
  </ContentTypes>
Edited by Happy2Play

Unless all the mapping was erased all of this should have already been done in previous builds.

<ContentTypes>
    <NameValuePair>
      <Name>C:\Users\media\Desktop\Video Test\New Stuff\Action</Name>
      <Value>tvshows</Value>
    </NameValuePair>
  </ContentTypes>

It wasn't, he removed it. yes he could also put them back manually instead of waiting.